Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-11-2016, 02:11 PM   #1
SRoach

Default Jumper plus Clairsentience?

I'm theorying out a power set that would allow the character that had it to see where they were going when crossing worlds. Obviously, Clairsentience could be used with Warp, and possibly , but I am having difficulty finding a corresponding ability for Jumper, (world). (One could argue Precognition might serve for Jumper, (Time), but it seems a poor fit by itself.

Jumper, RAW, mentions Danger Sense being a compatible secondary power.

Is there any RAW, or Dev declaration, for giving a jumper the ability to see where they're about to land?
I'm tempted to just use Clairsentience with a bunch of range modifiers, plus Cosmic, but I'd prefer the official take, or the nearest equivalent to it.
SRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:13 PM   #2
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Jumper plus Clairsentience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRoach View Post
I'm tempted to just use Clairsentience with a bunch of range modifiers, plus Cosmic, but I'd prefer the official take, or the nearest equivalent to it.
does world-spanning +50% from powers page 109 count? It lets you use your ability on other worlds as if you were there. +100% lets you use it on both.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:20 PM   #3
SRoach

Probably. I guess that's another book to add to my wish list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
does world-spanning +50% from powers page 109 count? It lets you use your ability on other worlds as if you were there. +100% lets you use it on both.
SRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:22 PM   #4
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRoach View Post
Probably. I guess that's another book to add to my wish list.
My condolences. Great book though.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-12-2016, 12:11 AM   #5
Mithlas

I think Clairsentience (world-spanning +50%) sounds like what you're looking for.

Powers has about as much crunch as the Characters book, and can be extremely helpful for additional options. However, I think it doesn't do a great job of walking you through how to use what it gives you. I had to go through Psionic Powers twice before the scope of it started to sink into me. Now I'm looking for the Sorcery book so I can see if a similar thing can be done with magic.
Mithlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:56 AM   #6
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
learning dozens... hundreds... maybe thousands of worlds if doing it every single day, or multiple times a day...

At some point wouldn't you begin to forget old worlds you hadn't been to in a long time?
Learning a world takes an hour and a character point to get it at IQ. See B64, middle column.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:54 AM   #7
Anaraxes

Quote:
Stuff like Eidatic Memory or a 'memorize world' skill could then come into play to counteract it.
See also Reawakened, Racial Memory, and Wild Talent.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:22 AM   #8
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
So if you spend a point to learn a world and it's IQ based that sounds like a skill meaning it could fall prey to the optional 6 month forget rule if you don't practise going there twice a year?
That rule (box, B294) says it is intended for harshly realistic campaigns. Having a campaign which includes Jumper as a personal ability be harshly realistic would be strange, to say the least.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:01 PM   #9
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Remember, 'realistic' often just means 'gritty', regardless of what is likely to happen.

I'd forgotten about each world being its own skill. And I thought jumper was expensive before ...