Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-20-2016, 07:53 PM   #21
starslayer

Default Re: Help me model a power: Dreamshaping

Replying to my own thread...

In any case I've had a chance to look at GURPS: Powers Wierd, and the reality stabilization enhancement for Gadgeteering looks like it might be really interesting.

The snatcher build, as much as it was my orriginal preference- can only bring things across from dreams that actually exist/work.

Some variation of gadgeteer+reality stabilization would allow dream-logic items to be brought across.

I see three ways that this could be done:

1. Gadgeteer 2 + reality stabilization + only to shape what someone is dreaming about and wealth only to build dreams. So she can build peoples dreams in the real world using imaginary wealth that she has.

2. Gadgeteer 1 + reality stabilization, Jumper (dreams) : So she can go into dreams and grab items, then come back to the real world and they work like they did in the dreams

3. Gadgeteer 2 + reality stabilization + only in the dreamworld, Jumper (dreams), Scrounging (dreams): So she can go into dreams and build things there using local resources, then bring them back.

<In theory given the 300 point budget with alternate abilities the PC could have all three variations above>

What do people think?

Last edited by starslayer; 03-20-2016 at 11:33 PM.
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, costs cp, dream world, power builds