Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #371
Totem

Default Re: [OOC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
Alright then, so this is Lazarus's turn to act?
Yes it is.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #372
momothefiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
John will take an all out defense (dodge) and say Hey can we work this out with less blood shed? We're all on the side of the universe not ending.
I'm pretty certain they're not on that side, though (while Harry's already certain) Jorin's not quite sure they're blazen yet either.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #373
momothefiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
I've missed something here: who is invisible/ stunned? No one has mentioned invisibility that I've noticed, and Buuk only lost 5 HP, which is half of his total rather than in excess of half (required for a stunning roll on a Major Wound).
When using Distant Blow, the opponent defends "as if an invisible double of the caster was engaging him" (M144)

And "If using hit locations, a lesser injury that cripples a body part also counts as a major wound" (B420)

Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
Old 11-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #374
momothefiddler

Quote:
That accounts for it; I'd just about worked out that Distant Blow came from one of the other rule books to do with combat arts. Now as far as I can see this only gets the spell going and you still need some kind of attack roll to make it actually work.

On the other hand you're right about that thing with crippling injuries, in which case Buuk actually failed the HT roll on his first injury and is stunned with 5HP because the second blow never hit. If you wish to retake Jorin's move based on this (using the roll that you previously made), then that's fine.
Per M144, cost to cast is 3, cost to maintain is 3. Per M57, if Power reduces the cost to cast to zero, the item is always on. Because my staff is enchanted with Distant Blow and Power 3, I can attack without taking the turn to activate the spell.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #375
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
[NOTE: Mhur is now between John Smith and John Lazarus. Any ranged attacks that overshoot will have a chance to hit someone else in the party.
even when not on the same line as everyone else? (of course, he will be a little farther behind..)

Also, how far away is michael from everyone else?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #376
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by momothefiddler View Post
Per M144, cost to cast is 3, cost to maintain is 3. Per M57, if Power reduces the cost to cast to zero, the item is always on. Because my staff is enchanted with Distant Blow and Power 3, I can attack without taking the turn to activate the spell.
I knew it was going to be something like that... In my defence it's been a trying week at work (at least an hour of overtime every day so far, plus akward customers getting underfoot and picking holes in what I'm trying to fix for them). Does this mean that Jorin is still attacking or not? Currently he doesn't need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
even when not on the same line as everyone else? (of course, he will be a little farther behind..)

Also, how far away is michael from everyone else?
Michael is (at the start of his turn) adjacent to Mhur and John Lazarus. So he's out of the line of fire unless John Smith did something impressive resulting in a miss by at least 10.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #377
momothefiddler

Quote:
I knew it was going to be something like that... In my defence it's been a trying week at work (at least an hour of overtime every day so far, plus akward customers getting underfoot and picking holes in what I'm trying to fix for them). Does this mean that Jorin is still attacking or not? Currently he doesn't need to.
No worries. I don't mind explaining.

If Buuk is stunned, though, Jorin will probably turn to Mhur (if possible - I don't know if you're using facing rules and if you are, I don't have a clear enough picture of the combat to apply them) and, for the sake of simplicity, do exactly the same thing. As long as he's within 10 yards, I should be fine.

If that's not possible, then yes, Jorin will still attack Buuk's other arm. Stunning doesn't last forever, after all, and these things are tenacious.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #378
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by momothefiddler View Post
If Buuk is stunned, though, Jorin will probably turn to Mhur (if possible - I don't know if you're using facing rules and if you are, I don't have a clear enough picture of the combat to apply them) and, for the sake of simplicity, do exactly the same thing. As long as he's within 10 yards, I should be fine.
Mhur is behind Jorin. John Lazarus is in the way, so there's no direct LOS and you'd need to go down a lane on the slideway (in either direction, though preferably not to the right because Harry's on that side aiming at Buuk) and then step around John in order to get at Mhur.

Facing rules and the like I tend to use sometimes, when I'm being properly technical about where people are and the like; in this case assume that you're not going to be able to get into range of Mhur in a single round (a Move And Attack might do it if you're desperate, but it'll be a full Move).
Old 11-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #379
momothefiddler

Quote:
Mhur is behind Jorin. John Lazarus is in the way, so there's no direct LOS and you'd need to go down a lane on the slideway (in either direction, though preferably not to the right because Harry's on that side aiming at Buuk) and then step around John in order to get at Mhur.

Facing rules and the like I tend to use sometimes, when I'm being properly technical about where people are and the like; in this case assume that you're not going to be able to get into range of Mhur in a single round (a Move And Attack might do it if you're desperate, but it'll be a full Move).
Then the action stands as written - attacking Buuk's non-crippled arm with Distant Blow.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #380
momothefiddler

Quote:
Also, I'm not entirely sure where the Dodge 15 came from; his normal dodge is 8 and with haste at full power it could go up to 11 at most. Missile Shield won't help against a melee attack so that doesn't matter. Please clarify, but you still need to dodge all of the attacks.
I don't know what spells are on at the moment, but even without spells it's 8+2(All-out defense)+3(retreat)=13, which is enough to succeed on all four rolls as given (6, 11, 13, 8).

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire