Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #361
momothefiddler

Default Re: [OOC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
I'm ruling that they don't at this point. I can't see anything to the effect that they would either.
Then my calculations should be correct.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #362
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

So are we surprised, or do they just get that one round before we do?

ie: do I roll vs IQ, or does Michael get to act?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #363
Poonbahbah

Quote:
[OOC: Just to make it clear, Mhur hadn't actually done anything to attract attention at this point, and John Smith couldn't technically have spotted what was going on at the back of the line and then turned around and attacked in one round, even with combat reflexes. Given the way that people have been critisising Harry for his apparently trigger happy nature (executing a known enemy before they could become dangerous), I would have hoped for something a little more... Careful..?]
Apologies. I thought he had been able to recognize such. You don't have to / shouldn't count that last attack then. Accidentally got my knowledge mixed up with Smith's I guess.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #364
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
So are we surprised, or do they just get that one round before we do?

ie: do I roll vs IQ, or does Michael get to act?
I'm running with simplified rules for a surprise round here. They get to act because they were co-ordinating it that way, and John Smith and Jorin get to act because they have Combat Reflexes. Everyone gets to act as normal in the first full round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah View Post
Apologies. I thought he had been able to recognize such. You don't have to / shouldn't count that last attack then. Accidentally got my knowledge mixed up with Smith's I guess.
It missed in the end, so no issue. It's just a thing to watch out for in future. I should probably have laid out where everyone was a bit more clearly as well to make it more obvious.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #365
momothefiddler

This is my first combat in this game and, while I read through the rest of it, I don't remember how you did the mechanics. Should I wait for Michael and John before I post my action?

Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
Old 11-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #366
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by momothefiddler View Post
This is my first combat in this game and, while I read through the rest of it, I don't remember how you did the mechanics. Should I wait for Michael and John before I post my action?
Order of initiative is posted each time I run an NPC action (or every time I post), along with the actions taken thus far this round. Once Michael and John Lazarus have acted, then it's Jorin's turn (order of initiative being determined by Basic Speed and then alphabetical order). The only exception to this is defence rolls and reactions to what other people are doing; those can happen as-soon-as-appropriate.

[Combat time: Round 1.]
John Smith: 8 - Attempts to attack Mhur, fails
Harry Sheridan: 6 - Dodges to the side, readies weapon, turns to aim at Buuk next round
Buuk Taemer (at rear): 5.5 - Determined/ Deceptive attack against Jorin, then All-Out (Increased) Defence
Mhur Brutha (at front): 5.5 - Determined attack against John Smith, then Determined attack against Michael
Michael: 5.5 -
John Lazarus: 5 -
Jorin Slade: 5 -
[/Combat time]
Old 11-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #367
momothefiddler

Of all the places for a 3...

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
[OOC: looks a good place for a 3 to me.]
Well I'm not unhappy about succeeding, but it's not even an attack roll - it's just a skill roll, and not one that had any benefit or one that I was unlikely to make.

I know rationally that there's no magical balancing system that makes me less likely to get a 3 on any given future rolls than I was before, but instinctually I feel it was somehow wasted on a roll where a 16 would have had the same effect.

Maybe instead of complaining about 3s I should work on suppressing my illogical reactions.

Last edited by momothefiddler; 11-04-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #368
Poonbahbah

Tell us when your ready for us to start posting round 2 actions please. Not entirely sure if your ready for that yet.

Also shock penalties only go up to -4. You have one of them listed as being at -5 I think.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #369
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah View Post
Tell us when your ready for us to start posting round 2 actions please. Not entirely sure if your ready for that yet.

Also shock penalties only go up to -4. You have one of them listed as being at -5 I think.
We still have John Lazarus and Jorin to act this round. John Lazarus is currently in the middle of the group with no LOS on either attacker, so what he would do is hard to predict.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #370
Lamech

Alright then, so this is Lazarus's turn to act?
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire