Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 12:50 AM   #211
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)
 
Mark Skarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere high up.
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Man, I totally forgot about this thread for months, and how much I enjoyed it. Mark, are all your characters beautiful women, or only 80% or so? Anyway, lovely work as always. Send me the Phantasm link!

--K
Somewhere around 95%.
Wait, MonkeyFist corrects me:
"Only about 30%, the rest are beautiful girls."
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:38 AM   #212
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)
 
Mark Skarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere high up.
Default Re: Art for games

I worked on this Archer to check out the textures. I figure maybe the Fantasy people might be interested.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:15 AM   #213
Methariel
 
Methariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Freiburg i. Brsg., Germany
Default Re: Art for games

Now if only a talented artist was struck by a bout of generosity and drew some of the fantasy characters I have in mind for me for free... *sighs* ;)

But all the pictures in this thread are, as I must say, from good to really exceptional.

Keep up the good work.

M.
__________________
"In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing."
(Oscar Wilde, "The Importance of Being Earnest" , act 3)
Methariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #214
Sadurian Mike
 
Sadurian Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default Re: Art for games

I am always in awe of artists, mainly because I am one who tries but always falls just short of the mark. Nothing like trying it yourself to give you respect for those who can!

Poser stuff I am not a fan of (though this by no means reduces my respect of the modeller), mainly because I am a fan of faces and poser art has such a limited repetoire of expressions. They look cold and doll-like. Ideal for anime and the like I suppose.

I wanted Storn to do some illustrations for my Sadurian project, but sadly my complete disillusionment with a certain other forum meant I lost touch just as I was completing the work that would have benefitted from his pics. Oh well. Saved me a few pounds I suppose. If I ever get around to writing something I offer for sale I will try again!

My artwork (that which I have scanned, anyway) is here on my Sadurian site, by the way. It is not up to the standards posted here, but it does confirm that I like faces!
__________________
Mike
www.Saduria.co.uk
Sadurian Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #215
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)
 
Mark Skarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere high up.
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
Now if only a talented artist was struck by a bout of generosity and drew some of the fantasy characters I have in mind for me for free... *sighs* ;)
I don't do much fantasy owing to my deep seated hatred for fantasy. Obviously, I tend toward Sci-Fi and Supers. But, hey, post a request and if I get time (and have the relevant content) I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadurian Mike
I am always in awe of artists, mainly because I am one who tries but always falls just short of the mark. Nothing like trying it yourself to give you respect for those who can!
I agree. I am not an artist. I just take pre-made "stuff" and put it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadurian Mike
Poser stuff I am not a fan of (though this by no means reduces my respect of the modeller), mainly because I am a fan of faces and poser art has such a limited repetoire of expressions. They look cold and doll-like. Ideal for anime and the like I suppose.
Again, I agree. There is a lot of work you can do with the faces . . . but, unless you've got a face you're working from they always come out "fake."
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #216
Ze'Manel Cunha
 
Ze'Manel Cunha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr
I worked on this Archer to check out the textures. I figure maybe the Fantasy people might be interested.
Um, you do realize she's firing off a missile 2/3 of her body length?

(They must also be collapsible since the ones across her back would hit below her knee if they're the same length when ready to fire.)
__________________
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. -RAH
Ze'Manel Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #217
Sadurian Mike
 
Sadurian Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Manel Cunha
Um, you do realize she's firing off a missile 2/3 of her body length?

(They must also be collapsible since the ones across her back would hit below her knee if they're the same length when ready to fire.)
I give you the Brazilian Piranha tribe's arrows. That one looks almost as tall as he is!
__________________
Mike
www.Saduria.co.uk
Sadurian Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:07 PM   #218
Ze'Manel Cunha
 
Ze'Manel Cunha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadurian Mike
I give you the Brazilian Piranha tribe's arrows. That one looks almost as tall as he is!
Yes, but she is neither a stone age primitive, nor is she carrying those types of arrows in her quiver.
Ze'Manel Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #219
Sadurian Mike
 
Sadurian Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Manel Cunha
Yes, but she is neither a stone age primitive, nor is she carrying those types of arrows in her quiver.
Maybe she was exploring a remote river when she came upon a small tribe of native people. They traded and she took a handful of the unusual arrows.

Sadly, she realised that they were a pain to try to carry in the quiver and so ended up with just one, which she carried in her left hand. Much later, she was in a feudal castle and sensed danger. Not wanting to waste time drawing an arrow from her quiver, she simply nocked the one that she had received from those native people long ago.

There, simple.... ;)
__________________
Mike
www.Saduria.co.uk
Sadurian Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #220
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor
 
Archangel Beth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Frozen Wastelands of NH
Default Re: Art for games

Though if she's about to nock it, it should be on top of the string, not under it -- at least, I never threaded the arrow between bow and string when I was in archery class... >_> (A minor thing, but I noticed it. Sorry.)
__________________
--Beth
Shamelessly adding Superiors: Lilith, GURPS Sparrials, and her fiction page to her .sig (the latter is not precisely gaming related)
Archangel Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
art

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.