Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2024, 09:08 AM   #1001
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

The man's name is Zan.

Zan gestures to confirm that Julian is talking about the ghost town. He wants to know if anyone died, and what Julian found.

He offers to trade Julian the clothing for different clothing and some money. Clothing more like his.

He says for work Julian would need to talk to someone else. He indicates this someone with a puffed out chest and a sort of bow with one fist on his shoulder.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 10:50 AM   #1002
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Zan gestures to confirm that Julian is talking about the ghost town. He wants to know if anyone died, and what Julian found.
I indicate nobody died, and I show the rug and mention the sleeping people. If I remember the pattern they were sleeping in, I'll sketch it out in the dirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He offers to trade Julian the clothing for different clothing and some money. Clothing more like his.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He says for work Julian would need to talk to someone else. He indicates this someone with a puffed out chest and a sort of bow with one fist on his shoulder.
I head over to the puffed out chest fellow and ask about work.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 12:36 PM   #1003
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

That confuses Zan even more. He makes motions like the stone guard. Eventually he gives up. He makes the trade with Julian and then takes him to the "puffed out chest fellow".



The man doesn't have a puffed out chest. He's merely wearing the sort of clothing Julian took initially: Bright, unsoiled green with embroidered red trim.


Julian tries to negotiate work. They gesture something about rain... can he make rain? What crop does he know best?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 04:11 PM   #1004
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
That confuses Zan even more. He makes motions like the stone guard. Eventually he gives up. He makes the trade with Julian and then takes him to the "puffed out chest fellow".
Hm... Maybe it's hard to explain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The man doesn't have a puffed out chest. He's merely wearing the sort of clothing Julian took initially: Bright, unsoiled green with embroidered red trim.

Julian tries to negotiate work. They gesture something about rain... can he make rain?
Well I don't know how to do that. I indicate I can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What crop does he know best?
Well, I can get the palm fruits down... I draw the palm fruits, then I motion down.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 09:02 AM   #1005
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Mushrif Tambo (puffed out chest man) grimaces at Julian's descriptions of what he can do. It seems he is not impressed. He gestures Julian can work for a day and then He'll decide if the boy is worth paying. He will be following a woman weeding in the fields. Is that acceptable to him?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 10:10 AM   #1006
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Mushrif Tambo (puffed out chest man) grimaces at Julian's descriptions of what he can do. It seems he is not impressed. He gestures Julian can work for a day and then He'll decide if the boy is worth paying. He will be following a woman weeding in the fields. Is that acceptable to him?
Well, it's that, Steal, or Starve. I agree with his terms.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM   #1007
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

The woman's name is Balla. She shows him what is needed. Given that Julian actually has the gardening skill, she is pleased with him most of the time: she just needs to show what plants are weeds, and which need to be avoided stepping on.

They weed much of the morning, and then everyone takes a break in the middle of the day. Many people seem to be sleeping, though many are talking as well. Food is provided to all the workers: a sort of boiled vegetable like an eggplant and a few dates.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM   #1008
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The woman's name is Balla. She shows him what is needed. Given that Julian actually has the gardening skill, she is pleased with him most of the time: she just needs to show what plants are weeds, and which need to be avoided stepping on.
Oh, right. Consequence of not having the character sheet in front of me.

I find that weeding a farm and weeding a golf course are surprisingly similar. Just more things to avoid stepping on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They weed much of the morning, and then everyone takes a break in the middle of the day. Many people seem to be sleeping, though many are talking as well. Food is provided to all the workers: a sort of boiled vegetable like an eggplant and a few dates.
Well, that's a perk. I wonder if people get paid at all. I give the eggplant a tentative bite. How does it taste?
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.