Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Transhuman Space

Old 07-07-2024, 06:37 PM   #1
Astromancer

Default Homo Superior (what do you think would fit the bill?)

The basic question is "What modifications would you want to see in a "Homo Superior" genotype?" The question assumes that you have been assigned the job of choosing.

Myself, I assume that a Homo Superior Genotype would be about the children born with that genotype having more options and choices. I assume many parents might have other priorities.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 06:12 PM   #2
Astromancer

Default Re: Homo Superior (what do you think would fit the bill?)

Well, if you were upgrading to a "Homo Superior" genotype, what would you most want? What upgrades would entice you?

Myself the Transhuman Space Zero point features No Genetic Defects, No Mental Defects, and No Unattractive would be massively tempting. And simply losing a bunch of burdens would be delightful. Romantics might want to be the Ubermench, I would simply like my own freedom. But I never saw Neitzche as Peitzche.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 06:35 PM   #3
malloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
Well, if you were upgrading to a "Homo Superior" genotype, what would you most want? What upgrades would entice you?
Well there are few advantages that would be [bad] to have, so it's mostly a matter of what can you afford? Presumably all of them isn't on the table.

I suppose the first cut is the don't die from common stuff ones - No Genetic Defects sure, and Resistant or Immunity to any diseases available are the obvious ones. Beyond that, maybe a few points of Temperature Tolerance (heat stroke looks to be an ever increasing risk into the future...), some version of Reduced Consumption focused on less water (food not so much, if things are so bad you're actually in danger from hunger, they've been bad for a while and probably aren't getting better soon, it's a hopefully low risk situation the advantage isn't all that likely to help with anyway). Perhaps Resistant to Poison and a few extra FP and HP for don't die of minor injuries, though those are somewhat low percentage too. Rapid Healing maybe, it'd be nice for surgical recovery if nothing else, and this is a setting with a [lot] of elective surgical options.

After that, I think the most valuable options would be ones giving you *time*. Longevity and Less Sleep.
Old 07-13-2024, 01:27 PM   #4
jason taylor

Ability to write. But that is not a superpower just one I don't have.