Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 08-06-2021, 01:34 AM   #1
Boaz Reinders

Default Unspeakabull vs drag on and on and on

So basicly these 2 curses contradict eachother.
If I get cursed with drag-on and on I have to keep talking.
But what happens if I get cursed with unspeakabull at the same time? Do I choose what to do and always suffer the results of the other curse?
Boaz Reinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:16 PM   #2
Nobunga

Default Re: Unspeakabull vs drag on and on and on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz Reinders View Post
Do I choose what to do and always suffer the results of the other curse?
Yes. Congratulations, you've gotten the most annoying combination of Curses in the multi-game.
Nobunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:09 AM   #3
Brf

I have heard it ruled before that if you have two conflicting cards, where I says you CANNOT do something, and the other says you MUST do something, then the CANNOT wins. The FAQ specifically calls this out for Run-Away attempts, where if one cards says you can run-away automatically, and the other says you cannot run-away, the cannot wins.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 09:32 AM   #4
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
I have heard it ruled before that if you have two conflicting cards, where I says you CANNOT do something, and the other says you MUST do something, then the CANNOT wins. The FAQ specifically calls this out for Run-Away attempts, where if one cards says you can run-away automatically, and the other says you cannot run-away, the cannot wins.
I guess it depends on what the cards actually say. If they say you can't stop talking and you can't talk, and that's it, then I think the principle you mention would apply. But if, as I suspect, they simply delineate a negative consequence for speaking or not speaking, then they can both apply at once, and you simply have to choose which consequence to accept.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 09:17 AM   #5
ravenfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyedsmith View Post
The CANNOT card is said to win if you have two contradictory cards, one saying you CANNOT do something and the other indicating you MUST do something.
But if the wording is not "can't do it" and "must do it' but rather "will suffer X if you do it" and "will suffer Y if you don't do it", then presumably you can choose whether to do it or not, and therefore whether to suffer X or Y.

Last edited by ravenfish; 09-05-2021 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Hidden link deleted from quote and reported as potential spam
ravenfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
curse