Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-20-2022, 08:51 AM   #1
Eddie T

Default Build Help - Human-Eating Worms

Hey all, I need some suggestions on how to go about building large, people-eating mutant worms. Not Dune size, think the Tremors series of movies.

I want to say I remember something about moving through unusual mediums, but I'm not finding it now.
Eddie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:56 AM   #2
Varyon

Default Re: Build Help - Human-Eating Worms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie T View Post
Hey all, I need some suggestions on how to go about building large, people-eating mutant worms. Not Dune size, think the Tremors series of movies.

I want to say I remember something about moving through unusual mediums, but I'm not finding it now.
The Tunneling Advantage may be what you're thinking of - that, or Permeation. Tunneling is more appropriate for graboids, however - Permeation is more a supernatural melding-into/passing-through a solid, while graboids were pretty clearly displacing earth like a giant earthworm/mole/whatever.
Old 01-20-2022, 10:00 AM   #3
Tinman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
The Tunneling Advantage may be what you're thinking of - that, or Permeation. Tunneling is more appropriate for graboids, however - Permeation is more a supernatural melding-into/passing-through a solid, while graboids were pretty clearly displacing earth like a giant earthworm/mole/whatever.
Yes. That's how I'd do it too.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:31 PM   #4
Pursuivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie T View Post
Start with Tunneling, with Accessibility (Not through hard rock or hard metal), Temporary Disadvantage (Noisy), and Nuisance Effect (Distinctive Tremors).

Their main sensory advantage seems to be Vibration Sense with Increased Range and possibly Subsonic Hearing with levels of Acute Hearing. Blindness is likely.

Massive amounts of external DR, with little internal DR. Universal Digestion, Sharp Teeth with Binding (Engulfing, One-Shot) Follow-Up attack to represent their ability to swallow victims in one big bite. Maybe add Doesn't Breathe, Doesn't Eat or Drink (Cast Iron Stomach), Bad Temper, Bestial, Quirk (Attracted to strong vibration sources), and a couple of levels of Hard to Kill.
Pursuivant is offline   Reply With Quote