Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 05-20-2015, 06:24 AM   #121
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Ideas Are Easy

I tried this one and it never really got off the ground. I blame PbP format.

An advanced race of aliens recruits a number of warriors from earth to fight in boarding actions. The 'patrons' have good technology but are themselves totally unsuited for hand to hand combat (too big, too small, too slow, mental blocks, can't stand the required temperatures or so forth). The humans find themselves view pieces of a quest to recover ancient artifacts. They also find themselves on something of a quest to learn more about their employers, and if they should really be working with them.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:59 AM   #122
The Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I tried this one and it never really got off the ground. I blame PbP format.

An advanced race of aliens recruits a number of warriors from earth to fight in boarding actions. The 'patrons' have good technology but are themselves totally unsuited for hand to hand combat (too big, too small, too slow, mental blocks, can't stand the required temperatures or so forth). The humans find themselves view pieces of a quest to recover ancient artifacts. They also find themselves on something of a quest to learn more about their employers, and if they should really be working with them.
Did you ever play a computer game called MAXX by any chance?
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:30 AM   #123
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
Did you ever play a computer game called MAXX by any chance?
No, Should I have?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:47 AM   #124
The Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
No, Should I have?
The plot was very similar to the one you proposed - you might like it (can be found on GOG.com).
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:01 PM   #125
WaterAndWindSpirit

An entity called the Harbriger of Nightmares decides to invade the world by calling upon Humanity's collective nightmares. Giant spiders, chtuluesque creatures, the Waffen SS...

He is opposed by the Vanguard of Dreams, guardian of humanity, who takes on the hopes of those who suffered greatly yet prevailed thanks to their dreams, to create an army to oppose the Harbringer of Nightmares. A bunch of Couriers, Commander Shepards, Samus Arans, Harry Potters, and miscellaneous tabletop RPG characters start popping up around the world. They are powerful but depends on the power of the dreams of the ones generating them to exist. (I am convinced dreams are one of the most powerful things to exists. I was bullied at schol and survvived thanks to the support I could get in my dreams.)
WaterAndWindSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:20 AM   #126
crretin

Aquis: The world of Aquis is a very different take on both medieval fantasy and swashbuckling. A TL 3 world where sailing was invented when the world was TL 1 and one that only consisted of small islands, the world of Aquis now lives in world where the world population can't possibly fit on the worlds land and now live on giant boats large enough for entire civilizations.

crretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:49 AM   #127
crretin

Age of storms: The modern day has been destroyed by countless mana storms from an unknown source, these storms have mutated the local wildlife into terrible monstrosities, enchanted items with powerful magic and have changed the properties of the very earth itself. The players play survivors who have emerged from bunkers to explore this new and dangerous world that their home has turned into.

Lord of the dead: A TL 3 fantasy world but one that is different in two ways, first this world is going through a version of the black death that destroys the soul and the victims are left as wandering husks intent on devouring the souls of any they find, and second magic in this world powerful but slow requiring very specific materials and long casting times to perform.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:51 AM   #128
crretin

Space:1930: a space opera dieselpunk setting where world war 2 is being fought amongst the stars and with bizarre technology.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #129
crretin

Savages: A plague has killed 90% of the worlds population, and now for an unknown reason dinosaurs have come back from the dead. Basicly Mad Maxx meets Jurassic Park

Old 06-03-2015, 02:39 PM   #130
tshiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by crretin View Post
Savages: A plague has killed 90% of the worlds population, and now for an unknown reason dinosaurs have come back from the dead. Basicly Mad Maxx meets Jurassic Park
Or, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenozoic_Tales
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote