Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
Talorien
Former Ogre Line Editor

Default OGRE needs YOU: Worldwide MIB (Volunteers) Recruitment Drive

Hi everyone,

Further to my earlier post re UK MIBs, we're starting a worldwide recruitment drive for Ogre volunteers for our (wo)Men in Black (MIB) program.

This is great news, because it means we're getting things in place to roll out support for Ogre, when it hits the shelves next January. That huge Kickstarter campaign made all the difference!

We are doing some UK/Europe based prelaunch convention appearances this Summer/Fall and have a special need for UK/Germany MIBs, as soon as possible.

(Why the UK? Primarily because I'm over here, and it's a great opportunity to give this part of the Combine some love :)

We also need MIBs who know Ogre to... wait for it... link up with other MIBs in your area at cons, and teach them how to play Ogre! This is to help prepare them for the big 2013 launch.

You can sign up here:

http://www.sjgames.com/mib/mibjoin.html

Some extra guidelines:

- we expect MIBs to (eventually) be able to demo more than one SJG product. However, one core product is OK for MIBs new to the program, so don't let that stop you.

- MIBing is not about so much about getting rare goodies from SJG, but about the excitement and joy of being part of something bigger than ourselves - being a vital and connected team member for Ogre's big relaunch. Though (*whistle*) you probably WILL have the opportunity to get some sneak previews and other rare goodies :P

Last edited by Talorien; 06-21-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Talorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
Whitestreak

Default Re: OGRE needs YOU: Worldwide MIB (Volunteers) Recruitment Drive

Email sent to regional director - now to wait (luckily, I'm a Kickstarter, so I should get my game early, right?)

Last edited by Whitestreak; 06-20-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Whitestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
mmacmartin

My girlfriend and I were looking at getting a table or two at next year's CanGames (Ottawa, ON local convention) and possibly Ottawa Comic-Con (if doable and if it still exists next year :p) to do a "come-and-play" for Ogre.

I may be new to Ogre, but I'm really highly enthusiastic about it ^_^. Also helpful: there's several (!) game stores here in Ottawa that are happy to host demos and such.

However, all that said: I can't do much travel /beyond/ Ottawa, so I may not be a good choice (ah well).

[edit]Oh, right, and I'm new to these here boards. Hi![/edit]
mmacmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
DSumner

Okay you got me on this one, I'll be shooting the regional director an email in a bit.

"Death is certain, life is not."

"No one assails me without punishment"
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Talorien
Former Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner View Post
Okay you got me on this one, I'll be shooting the regional director an email in a bit.
I know you're a long-established presence on these boards, so this brings a smile to my heart. Thanks for signing up :)
Old 06-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
CombineGeneral

I was a MiB years ago but went inactive when OGRE did - I fired off an email about "re-enlisting". It's a great program and it's fun teaching games to others. If there's room in upstate NY, I'd be interested.

I am also a 'Kickstarter' for the new OGRE and can't wait for it to arrive - hopefully in time for Xmas, my birthday (1/18) at the latest!
CombineGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
Greyhawk Grognard

My inquiry went out this morning!

Joe / GG
http://greyhawkgrognard.blogspot.com
Greyhawk Grognard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
Talorien
Former Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmacmartin View Post
My girlfriend and I were looking at getting a table or two at next year's CanGames (Ottawa, ON local convention)
You do realise that 'My girlfriend goes to cons with me and plays Ogre and is wildly enthusiastic' has caused the rest of us everywhere to weep and gnash our teeth in complete and utter jealousy, right? ;)

Quote:
and possibly Ottawa Comic-Con (if doable and if it still exists next year :p) to do a "come-and-play" for Ogre.
Outstanding! We need to clone guys like you two...

Quote:
I may be new to Ogre, but I'm really highly enthusiastic about it ^_^. Also helpful: there's several (!) game stores here in Ottawa that are happy to host demos and such.

However, all that said: I can't do much travel /beyond/ Ottawa, so I may not be a good choice (ah well).
But... your local knowledge of Ottawa, coupled with your energy and enthusiasm, is precisely what makes you so valuable as a volunteer.

You know stuff that us staffers sitting at SJG HQ don't -- what is going on on the ground, in your area :P

Quote:
[edit]Oh, right, and I'm new to these here boards. Hi![/edit]
A warm welcome to the boards, mmacmartin! We hope you'll have a long, happy stay here :)
Old 06-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
Talorien
Former Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestreak View Post
Email sent to regional director - now to wait (luckily, I'm a Kickstarter, so I should get my game early, right?)
Yes, sir, you should :)
Old 06-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #10
Luke Bunyip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talorien View Post
...we're starting a worldwide recruitment drive for Ogre volunteers for our (wo)Men in Black (MIB) program.
Australia?