Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
FourDeuces
 
Join Date: May 2012
Default Re: Have I been playing this game wrong?

It was a fantastic episode. I personally loved Steve's body language while everyone was trying to stop the win at the end. Arm over the back of the chair, feet stretched out in front... I think he even said "Go ahead, unload everything you got!"

Copy of Munchkin Deluxe - $20
HD Camera for the youtube video - $300
Getting pwned by the guru himself - PRICELESS!
FourDeuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #22
Bampop
 
Bampop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Palm Bay FL
Default Re: Have I been playing this game wrong?

In that case I was guessing they just wanted to show the running away mechanic with a helper, and that was perhaps the only time there was a helper in a lost combat. It would have taken a bunch of valuable time to show that two people lost to two monsters, but they each only run away from one and why. They didn't do a whole lot of complete card reading.
__________________
Andy Partridge
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #23
Dwarf Ale
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Genoa, Italy
Default Re: Have I been playing this game wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bampop View Post
In that case I was guessing they just wanted to show the running away mechanic with a helper, and that was perhaps the only time there was a helper in a lost combat. It would have taken a bunch of valuable time to show that two people lost to two monsters, but they each only run away from one and why. They didn't do a whole lot of complete card reading.
Yes, you're probably correct.
Dwarf Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #24
jraggio
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Re: Have I been playing this game wrong?

Just watched the Tabletop episode where Steve played a game with Will and friends. It was very entertaining:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6oMBSiL7Zs

I have a question about this game. At the end it sounded like Felicia was going to help Steve win as an elf and would then share in the victory, but she was trying to reduce him down. Was this so that she could get it to the point of a tie and then offer to help him win? Was she not allowed to help if he could win by himself without her help? At what point is she allowed to enter the combat?

Also in this game, I heard them offer the "first and last treasure", or the "first two treasures". Does this mean that all treasures are turned face up and the helper gets to pick first two and then the main fighter gets the rest?

Thanks,
John
jraggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #25
bonetm
 
bonetm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brazil
Default Re: Have I been playing this game wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraggio View Post
Also in this game, I heard them offer the "first and last treasure", or the "first two treasures". Does this mean that all treasures are turned face up and the helper gets to pick first two and then the main fighter gets the rest?
The Treasure always go to the main fighter of the combat. As part of the deal to help, he might offer some or part of the Treasure from that combat as a bribe for help. The deal might include this kind of detail: first pick, second pick, and so on.

Yes, after every combat you had an helper all the Treasure should be face up and them distributed as per the original agreement. "First and last" would mean that the helper would choose first one of the Treasures, then the main fighter would choose the second best card and the remaining would be to the helper as well. "First two" gives the helper the chance to pick first two Treasures.
__________________
Igor Toscano
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #26
jraggio
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Re: Have I been playing this game wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
The Treasure always go to the main fighter of the combat. As part of the deal to help, he might offer some or part of the Treasure from that combat as a bribe for help. The deal might include this kind of detail: first pick, second pick, and so on.

Yes, after every combat you had an helper all the Treasure should be face up and them distributed as per the original agreement. "First and last" would mean that the helper would choose first one of the Treasures, then the main fighter would choose the second best card and the remaining would be to the helper as well. "First two" gives the helper the chance to pick first two Treasures.
Got it. Thanks for confirming.
jraggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #27
Urist
 
Urist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Default Re: Have I been playing this game wrong?

Hi folks, can y'all clarify why it's wrong for both players to roll to escape? Isn't that how it's done? (I don't remember the Floating Nose in case it's card specific.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf Ale View Post
OK.

For that matter, though, both Steve and Felicia rolled a die to run away from the Floating Nose.

The video was rather good though.
Urist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #28
MunchkinMan
 
MunchkinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Macungie, PA
Default Re: Have I been playing this game wrong?

It's card specific. You can't Run Away from Floating Nose, at least not normally.
__________________
Erik D. Zane
Munchkin NetRep -- munchkin@sjgames.com
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #29
Patsycoconut
 
Patsycoconut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Default Re: Have I been playing this game wrong?

OP you can't play Munchkin WRONG, I guess the only wrong way to play would be when it isn't any fun :s

Haven't encoutered this problem :)

**Unless of course you are playing at an OFFICIAL event
__________________
Toronto Center MIB
Patsycoconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
table, tabletop, top

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.