Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-28-2015, 01:13 PM   #1011
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

And this completes the characters and other entries I've gotten statted out to date. As for the next batch, I'm probably going to end up diving into Captain America's end of the character pool. Are there any characters from his title the hive mind would like to see statted up?

Note: The Red Skull will not be statted, as his survival into the 21st Century will be a complete unknown until early in Year Two. There will be hints given, however.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:03 PM   #1012
Keiko
Banned

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
A note: I'm going to ignore the "pureblood vampires" of the Blade movies/TV series, which were then put into Blade's Marvel MAX imprint title. The general consensus is that that particular title is set in its own continuity, as it flies in the face of everything about vampires and Blade published prior to it. The Reboot vampires are supernatural, not a biological STD.
I heard that Jubilee was a vampire now in the 616 universe?
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #1013
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
I heard that Jubilee was a vampire now in the 616 universe?
Yeah, but her means of her transformation left a bad taste in peoples' mouths. Post-vamping, though, she's become an interesting character again.

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:31 PM   #1014
Keiko
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, but her means of her transformation left a bad taste in peoples' mouths. Post-vamping, though, she's become an interesting character again.
Thank you. It's been over a decade since I read Marvel. I doubt I'd recognize much of anything now.
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:40 AM   #1015
Phantasm

The real reason I was working on the Vampire entry above was because I was also working on this guy at the time:

BARON BLOOD

Identity: Known to various intelligence and police officials in the United Kingdom and Germany, not generally known by them to be a vampire.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United Kingdom with no criminal record, legally deceased.
Other Aliases: John Falsworth, Jr; Dr. Charles Cromwell.
Place of Birth: Falsworth Manor, England.
Place of Death: Castle Dracula, Transylvania, Austria-Hungary Empire, in what is currently Romania.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: William, Baron Falsworth (father, deceased); Montgomery, Baron Falsworth (alias Union Jack I, brother, deceased); Brian, Baron Falsworth (alias Union Jack II, nephew); Lady Jacqueline Falsworth Creighton (alias Spitfire, niece, deceased); Lord William Falsworth (grand-nephew, deceased); Lord Jack Falsworth (alias Union Jack III, great-grandnephew); Kenneth, Lord Creighton (grand-nephew).
Group Affiliation: Formerly German intelligence during both World Wars, formerly Super-Axis during World War II; currently none.
Base of Operations: Mobile.
History: A gentleman explorer from late Victorian and Edwardian England, Lord John Falsworth traveled throughout Eastern Europe, Africa, and the Indochinese peninsula. Shortly before the outbreak of World War I, John's father William passed away, and the title and the bulk of the estate passed to John's older brother Montgomery, according to the British laws of primogeniture. Inspired by Bram Stoker's 1897 novel Dracula, Lord John decided to seek out the castle to see if the rumors of the events of the novel being fact were indeed true; John intended through various unspecified means to control the vampire to take the bulk of his family's wealth for himself (see Dracula; Vampires). To his horror, he fell victim to Dracula's hypnotic powers, died from the vampire's bite, and rose as a vampire under Dracula's control several days later.

Because of Lord John's British background, Dracula sent him back to England to wreak havoc on the nation where he'd suffered an embarrassing defeat. When World War I broke out, Lord John offered his services to German intelligence, who gave him an outfit which made him resemble a human-sized bat and code-named him Baron Blood. Baron Blood was soon opposed by the original Union Jack, secretly his brother Montgomery, who had discovered that Baron Blood was in fact a vampire. In the final days of World War I, Union Jack and Baron Blood discovered each other's identities, and Montgomery wounded his brother with a silver stake, though he missed the heart.

Baron Blood's activities during the inter-war period are unknown. With Hitler's rise to power, Blood offered his services to Nazi Germany. German scientists in the Hydra science division performed a number of experiments on Blood, removing several of his vampire weaknesses, including the weakness to sunlight, and granting him the ability to fly unaided (see HYDRA). Returning to England, he posed for a time as his own son, who had been conceived prior to Blood's trip to Transylvania. However, his identity was discovered by his nephew Brian, who took on the role of Union Jack to defeat him. During this time, Blood bit his niece Jacqueline, whose life was saved by an emergency blood transfusion from the visiting original android Human Torch and Captain America; Jacqueline herself gained superhuman speed powers and took the costumed identity of Spitfire (see Captain America). Brian and Jacqueline joined the Allies' super-team, the Invaders, and clashed several times with Baron Blood. During World War II, Baron Blood teamed with a number of other Axis agents (mostly Nazis) to form the team known as Super-Axis, a counterpart to the Invaders. At the end of the war, Blood was impaled by a wooden stake by his nephew; because he was a member of the aristocracy, his remains were interred in the Tower of London.

Decades passed, with Blood existing in a state between death and undeath, believed dead by all. His remains were jostled during the internment of another nobleman, accidentally removing the stake from his chest, and he awoke. During the intervening decades, probably because he had been reduced to simply a skeleton, the experiments the Nazis had performed on him had faded, and he was once again vulnerable to all vampiric weaknesses. At first eager to take vengeance on his brother, he was saddened to discover that Montgomery had died of natural causes decades ago; indeed, the body next to his in the Tower was his brother's and he never knew it. Denied his vengeance, he slew and took over the identity of Dr. Charles Cromwell, his now elderly nephew's doctor. To keep others from knowing the truth, he mentally enslaved one of Dr. Cromwell's daughters and turned the other, Lily, into a vampire like himself. (Dr. Cromwell's own remains were laid in Blood's place in the Tower of London.) To cover their tracks when they fed, Blood and his protege killed their victims by slashing open their victim's throats with their fingernails or with knives rather than with their fangs; this also prevented their victims from inadvertently rising as vampires themselves.

His identity went undiscovered for months, until his great-grandnephew Jack, now adopting the identity of Union Jack himself, teamed with the visiting Captain America and his teenage sidekick, Bucky, to investigate the rash of slasher killings plaguing the region (see Bucky; Union Jack). Jack Falsworth and his grandfather had suspicions that Baron Blood was again active, but were unable to prove it until Bucky was able to infiltrate the Tower and confirm that Blood's remains were missing.

Baron Blood fought Captain America, Bucky, and Union Jack, but were unable to defeat them. The trio defeated the Baron and drove a stake through his heart; the Captain then beheaded Blood with his shield, seemingly ending the threat of Baron Blood forever. Whether this truly is the last the world has seen of Baron Blood, however, remains to be seen. Lily Cromwell was not known to be a vampire, and as such has escaped destruction.
Height: 5' 10".
Weight: 180 lbs.
Eyes: Red.
Hair: Brown.
Uniform: Purple and black bodysuit with large bat-like wings running from under the arms to the outside of the legs; purple gloves; black boots, black cowl resembling the head of a bat.
Strength Level: An athletic man in life, Baron Blood's strength as a vampire has been enhanced to enable him to lift (press) roughly 1,500 pounds.
Known Superhuman Powers: Baron Blood possesses the usual vampire powers. For a time during World War II, he was also able to withstand sunlight, allowing him to operate during the day, as well as fly unaided, but these powers have since worn off.
Paraphernalia: Baron Blood's uniform allows him to glide on air currents even without transforming into a bat or were-bat.
Weaknesses: Baron Blood possesses the usual vampire weaknesses. During World War II, he lacked the ability to become mist or take animal forms, but these abilities returned with his resurrection.

1,000 points
Attributes:
ST 30* [50]; DX 13 [60]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 14 [40].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 3d/5d+2; BL 180 lbs.; HP 30 [0]; Will 12 [0]; Per 14* [0]; FP 14 [0]; Basic Speed 7.00 [5]; Basic Move 7 [0]; Dodge 11.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0]; French (Accented) [4]; German (Accented) [4]; Polish (Accented) [4]; Serbian (Accented) [4].
Cultural Familiarities: Eastern European [1]; Western (Native) [0].
Advantages: Appearance (Attractive) [4]; Claws (Sharp Claws) [5]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Status 4 [15†]; Wealth (Wealthy) [20]; Vampire [757].
Perks: Power Grappling [1]; Supersuit [1].
Disadvantages: Callous [-5]; Megalomania [-10]; Obsession (Destroy Family) (9) [-15]; Sadism (12) [-15]; Secret Identity (Death) [-30]; Selfish (6) [-10].
Quirks: Chauvinistic [-1]; Insists on "Proper Gentlemanly" Behavior (When It Won't Inconvenience Him) [-1].
Skills: Acting (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; Boxing (A) DX+2 [8] – 15; Connoisseur (Literature) (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; Connoisseur (Visual Arts) (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; Connoisseur (Wine) (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; Diagnosis/TL8 (Human) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 12; Escape (H) DX+0 [4] – 13; Intimidation (A) IQ+1 [4] – 13; Knife (E) DX+1 [2] – 14; Navigation/TL6 (Land) (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; Observation (A) Per+0 [2] – 14; Pharmacy/TL8 (Synthetic) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 14; Physician/TL8 (Human) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 14; Savoir-Faire (High Society) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 13; Sex Appeal (Human) (A) HT+0 [1] – 14‡; Stealth (A) DX+1 [4] – 14; Survival (Mountain) (A) Per+0 [2] – 14; Survival (Woodlands) (A) Per+0 [2] – 14; Wrestling (A) DX+1 [4] – 14.
Starting Spending Money: $20,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +15 to ST and +2 to Per from Vampire.
† Includes +1 from Wealth.
‡ Includes +1 from Appearance.

Role-Playing Notes:
Baron Blood is out for revenge against the family that he believes scorned him. At first this need for vengeance was directed at his brother, but has since been redirected towards his brother's descendants. An opportunist by nature who was never that patriotic, he has no qualms about working with his country's enemies to achieve this vengeance.

Baron Blood is able to control his bloodlust to an extent, and rarely feeds without killing his target first – usually by snapping the neck or slashing the throat open – to keep investigators from suspecting the work of vampires.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:54 PM   #1016
Adversary

I remember Typhoid Mary when she was introduced, I always thought she was cool. I think her psionic powers extend beyond what you've described here. Certainly her telekinesis and pyrokinesis were low-powered in terms of what she could actually lift or set on fire. But the most notable way she used them was to whip up clouds of litter and small objects, some of it burning, to confuse and distract an opponent; this was particularly effective at confusing Daredevil's scanning sense.

She also demonstrated some low-level mind control. I recall her walking into Kingpin's headquarters by causing his guards to look away at key moments, so she could just stroll in. This could be some kind of mind control, only strong enough to give subtle suggestions to the weak-willed. Or perhaps it could be invisibility art.

I wonder if her burning attack would be better represented with a larger damage number, but No Wounding? I don't recall, in the little bit I read of her, her using it to burn people directly. But she could set their clothes (as well as other objects) on fire.
Adversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:21 PM   #1017
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
VAMPIRES
Doesn't Eat or Drink [10];
If they need blood to survive, then do they need this? Baron Janos Telkozep (Basic page 320 and 262) doesn't have it.
Quote:
Immunity to Metabolic Hazards [30];
They need some protection against Radiation (I'd suggest adding "Heals radiation +40% to Regeneration"), Pressure and 5 levels of Temperature Tolerance isn't very much against Temperature, or they'll be at risk of losing HT permanently.

Quote:
Supernatural Durability [150];
Is this not magical -10%?

Quote:
Temperature Tolerance 5 [5]
This isn't very much considering they risk losing HT permanently once outside their comfort zone .

Quote:
Unaging [15];
Is this not magical -10%?

Quote:
Unkillable 2 (Hindrance: Silver or Wooden Stake in the Heart, -5%
All Hindrance does is stop them healing until they pull out the stake, since Supernatural Durability mean they never lose consciousness.

Quote:
Dread (Holy Symbols) (Accessibility: Wielder Must Believe, -10%) [-9];
Isn't this covered by "Affected By True Faith"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Faith; Basic page 94
You have a profound religious faith that protects you from “evil” supernatural beings such as demons and vampires. To enjoy this protection, you must actively assert your faith by wielding a physical symbol revered by your religion (e.g., crucifix, Torah, or Koran), chanting, dancing, or whatever else is appropriate to your beliefs.
Quote:
Supernatural Feature (No Reflection;
Do their clothes show up? If not they need Invisibility to Machines.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:16 PM   #1018
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDaysDead View Post
[snip]
All good points. I'll see about adjusting the vampire temlate (and subsequently Blood) shortly.

The Unaging is one of those things I wasn't fully sure of whether it was "magical" or not. A vampire won't "age" in that it won't decay into a skeleton (unless staked), but I'm not sure if moving it into an anti-magic field or similar deal would have it age or not.

Thoughts on how to modify Supernatural Durability or Unkillable so that if they're staked they end up "dead" until the stake is removed?

Old 02-15-2015, 05:45 PM   #1019
Flyndaran
Untagged

Supernatural Durability stops when injured by a Vulnerability or the condition that's required for S.D. in the first place. Normally this results in death, But that wouldn't negate Unkillable even if it also counts as a hindrance. As nothing negates level 2-3 of that advantage except an unrelated Achilles' heel.

Simply I would just state that the S.D. negation condition is the classic stake through the heart and call it a Hindrance for Unkillable.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:13 PM   #1020
NineDaysDead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Supernatural Durability stops when injured by a Vulnerability or the condition that's required for S.D. in the first place. Normally this results in death, But that wouldn't negate Unkillable even if it also counts as a hindrance. As nothing negates level 2-3 of that advantage except an unrelated Achilles' heel.
Quote:
Unkillable 2 (Achilles Heel: Beheading, -50%; ) [35]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Simply I would just state that the S.D. negation condition is the classic stake through the heart and call it a Hindrance for Unkillable.
Given that the only way to kill them is Beheading, I would have assumed that Beheading was the S.D. negation condition.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men