Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 09-12-2008, 04:34 PM   #321
Shrale

Default Re: Art for games

Well it's not quite the same as you-guy's stuff, but...

http://www.3drt.com/3dm/characters/h...lection_01.jpg

and my favorite

>
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Shrale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:54 PM   #322
sgtcallistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrale
and my favorite
>
That ship's well sinister. Heroes or villains?
sgtcallistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:43 PM   #323
Shrale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtcallistan
That ship's well sinister. Heroes or villains?
I call it my Naruni Infiltrator for Phase World setting, alternately it can be a Kreeghor Interceptor as well.

Both are actually sinister, as Naruni is the biggest weapons dealers in Three Galaxies (and some other dimensions; akin to Goliath GmBh in GURPS Space Atlases) and the Kreeghor are just nasty villains.

My interpretation of size is about ballpark to the Sith Infiltrator from Star Wars, possibly somewhere near 100 tons in Traveller-terms.

>
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:07 AM   #324
sgtcallistan

Quote:
I call it my Naruni Infiltrator for Phase World setting, alternately it can be a Kreeghor Interceptor as well.
Both are actually sinister, as Naruni is the biggest weapons dealers in Three Galaxies (and some other dimensions; akin to Goliath GmBh in GURPS Space Atlases) and the Kreeghor are just nasty villains.
My interpretation of size is about ballpark to the Sith Infiltrator from Star Wars, possibly somewhere near 100 tons in Traveller-terms.
>
A universe in which a common ship is naturally sinister-looking. Well done, I like the way you think.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #325
Shrale

Quote:
A universe in which a common ship is naturally sinister-looking. Well done, I like the way you think.
well that's the fluff talking anyway. oft times these groups still have to do the day to day, doesn't matter how sinister you are.

I think that was what's said in Star Trek Voyager when they built the delta flyer... < paraphrased as I don't have Eidetic Memory >

Paris: "Computer, add dynametric tail fins." < whhhooossh >

Tuvok: "Computer, delete dynametric tail fins. We are not building a hot rod."

Paris: "That's exactly what we're doing. A state-of-the-art shuttle. If we make this thing look mean enough species will think twice about taking us on."

Some of the ships in the setting look weird, but I've always been super-critical of the way ships look in any space setting. So I tend to find a subset of ships out on the web in general and lump the best of what I find into my collection. I dig most of the Traveller ships.

>
Old 09-15-2008, 12:44 PM   #326
sgtcallistan

Quote:
well that's the fluff talking anyway. oft times these groups still have to do the day to day, doesn't matter how sinister you are.
snip
Some of the ships in the setting look weird, but I've always been super-critical of the way ships look in any space setting. So I tend to find a subset of ships out on the web in general and lump the best of what I find into my collection. I dig most of the Traveller ships.>
When planning a set of ships for a 'Space Knights' game, I used the card kits of the 'Homeworld 2' ships.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:26 PM   #327
Shrale

Quote:
When planning a set of ships for a 'Space Knights' game, I used the card kits of the 'Homeworld 2' ships.
You lost me.

>
Old 09-15-2008, 01:39 PM   #328
Dragyn

I'm thinking he means in internal images in the shipbuilder screen of the Homeworld 2 PC game. It's an RTS strategy game from Sierra. I never played Homeworld 2, but I played Homeworld and Homeworld Cateclysm, and I've considered using the ships from both.

edit: here's a site that shows the ships of the game.

http://shipyards.relicnews.com/

<><

Last edited by Dragyn; 09-15-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Dragyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:00 AM   #329
sgtcallistan

Quote:
You lost me.>
The PC game 'Homeworld 2' has many space vesells in it; almost all have been made as card / paper 'cut-out, fold up and stick together' kits (using the pepakura 3d unfolding program); they have often been re-coloured and modified by fans and modellers.
With a little work, I have put together useful models of ships for my campaign 'Knights of the Star'.
I like these designs, rather as you mention you like the Traveller designs.
The Homeworld ships (and the visual of the game itself) are strongly reminiscent of the many paperback covers illustrated by one Chris Foss in the '70's and '80's, another reason I use them.

Google-fu along the lines of 'free paper kits' 'paper starships', 'Homeworld paper models' etc. will turn them up.

Now if only there were enough hours in the day...
Old 09-21-2008, 10:06 PM   #330
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

I've been working on a replacement character for our Teen Heros game since I've "retired" Brandi (with a gigantic fireball; only the GM and I know what really happened).

This is Jasmine Clow.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art