Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-31-2023, 02:47 AM   #1511
ajardoor

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Vic wishes to know the relationship between the goblins and the other races, if they can set a "cease actions" against us, and if any of them are worthy fighters, to fight against the necromancers.
The goblins have an alliance with what remains of the hobgoblins, as you already know. They also get occasional tribute from those weird-looking humanoids, but they rarely see them in person. The gems are just left at their front porch of their cave. The Troll is a mercenary they hire when they're in danger. Everyone else in this canyon keeps to themselves for most days, unknown to the goblins.
Old 03-31-2023, 10:22 PM   #1512
Hide

Bain would like to know more about the "tiny human" and the Troll. Particularly, he'd like to know if the "tiny human" is a denizen of the caves or a foreigner like the necromancers. He wants to learn the Troll's name and how to hire him.

On the other hand, he wants to learn about the invasion; how and why did the necromancers arrive. Any information would be helpful in vanquishing them.

He also asks about the bear, is this a normal bear or a monster/zombie? And regarding the wolf, he wants to know if they have the ability of taming wild creatures. Because the party could capture the bear and bring it to the king if he had such power.
Old 04-01-2023, 03:12 AM   #1513
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Bain would like to know more about the "tiny human" and the Troll. Particularly, he'd like to know if the "tiny human" is a denizen of the caves or a foreigner like the necromancers. He wants to learn the Troll's name and how to hire him.

On the other hand, he wants to learn about the invasion; how and why did the necromancers arrive. Any information would be helpful in vanquishing them.

He also asks about the bear, is this a normal bear or a monster/zombie? And regarding the wolf, he wants to know if they have the ability of taming wild creatures. Because the party could capture the bear and bring it to the king if he had such power.
The tiny humans are cannibalistic creeps who use blowguns with poison darts. The goblins think they are foreigners, but ones who predate the necromancers.

The Troll has no name. Hiring him will be very hard without the king's recommendation, and it costs the goblin a $500 a day. More for you, no doubt. The king may help you hire the troll...for a hefty fee.

The necromancers seemed to suddenly arrive at the highest cave, an abandoned temple of some sort. Perhaps they had a secret backdoor? They started invading other caves and taking them captive for sacrifice or zombifying their corpses. They took out the orcs and the hobgoblins.

The bear looks no different than others of its kind. They can tame wolves, yes. But a bear might be too much. It's too big, for one thing.
Old 04-06-2023, 01:35 AM   #1514
Hide

I see, these tiny men might be the Chautcho, but how come they’re foreigners? When did they arrive? Do you know more about them?

When can you contact this troll? And what would the fee be?

On the other hand, is there anything you need to improve your conditions (other than gold)?
Old 04-06-2023, 06:44 AM   #1515
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I see, these tiny men might be the Chautcho, but how come they’re foreigners? When did they arrive? Do you know more about them?

When can you contact this troll? And what would the fee be?

On the other hand, is there anything you need to improve your conditions (other than gold)?
"I remember the foreigners came to this canyon a year and a half ago. They are not of our tribes, they came from the north-east. I have no further information about these freaks, good sir."

The goblin king seemed a little uncomfortable when the topic of the troll comes up. "I may tell you when and where to find him, good sir. It will cost you...much coin. Over a thousand?"

When the topic of improving his condition comes up, the king smiles. "Kill all the necromancers, good sir. All of them, in the former hobgoblin caves. Can you do that?"
Old 04-06-2023, 07:27 AM   #1516
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

How many bugbears?
How many Dinomen?
How many Strix?

General answers will do, like "Between 10 and 20".

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 12:28 PM   #1517
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How many bugbears?
How many Dinomen?
How many Strix?

General answers will do, like "Between 10 and 20".
“Lots of them. Lots of them. Lots of them.”
Old 04-07-2023, 12:21 AM   #1518
PumpkinLorica

Gathika wants to learn about the giant ants. She explains the partys been targeted by big exploding ants. She wants to know who sends them. Owo
Old 04-07-2023, 08:22 AM   #1519
ajardoor

The goblin king simply widens his eyes and shakes his head at Gathika’s inquiry. The bodyguard nearest the party does a double-take, “People, please. Serious questions only. Lives are on the line.”
Old 04-07-2023, 10:42 PM   #1520
Hide

Quote:
Kill all the necromancers, good sir. All of them... in the former hobgoblin caves
He looks at the goblin king with a confident expression on his face and says… As long as this cause stands fair, our steel shall pierce the bodies of our enemies and bath in their blood. Ain’t that right, Riddle of Steel?

Where would you attack first? I have a map of the area, perhaps we can improve it with your advice, I can share my notes with you as well...
He produces his map.

Quote:
People, please. Serious questions only. Lives are on the line.
Bain cracks a smile and adds… I can assure you the cat is speaking the truth, but it’s alright. Your reaction already answers our question. Let me share this bit of information with you… He tells them of the place the party’s been facing the ants at, he describes their abilities, explosive properties and whatnot. You probably won’t venture that far from here, the Chautcho do. Just be careful. By the way, since you already know the Chautcho have poison darts, do you have the antidote? Can you tell us how to prepare it?

He explains that before leaving, they will heal the wounds of the guards they previously faced. And before leaving he also asks, Have these caves always been like this? Or are these the ruins of something else?

OOC: I guess it’s all I’ve got to ask for now. Maybe we should head to the town, and plan our next trip.

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic