Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-10-2023, 08:58 PM   #1411
vicious Violence

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Vic posts himself besides the secret passage, sword at the ready, leaving enough space for Bain to run out and close the way for any pursuers.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 05:15 AM   #1412
ajardoor

Bain wisely checks the door for boobytraps and, finding no such dangers, stealthily opens it.

The next few rooms beyond...are abandoned, apparently picked clean. The room on the other side of the door (looking back, it is apparent the door on this side is also disguised and secret) is a square storage room that has been emptied of contents. The doors out of the room led to a rectangular place (it looks like it used to be quite lived in) and a square landing at the bottom of corridor-stairs which go up to another bigger abandoned room (perhaps an old living quarters?).

Scuffs on the floor tell a tale of furniture being relocated. Blood stains are very common.

The corridor to the biggest abandoned room splits off to the east, ending in another door. The door resembles the one the party entered from, perhaps another secret passage. Lots of dirty footprints are on the floor of the corridor going to the door.
Old 01-12-2023, 10:50 AM   #1413
Hide

Provided there are no traps, Bain carefully checks the tracks on the room, (12+1) 13 and uses this information to invest himself in the search for additional clues (observation 13+2/15). Could we say that our previous enemies took this route to escape from us?
Old 01-12-2023, 10:56 AM   #1414
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Telrith will take the fire poker and scatter the various parts of the fire under the smoking Pot.

is there any furniture or tools at all in the "picked clean" area?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 12:57 AM   #1415
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Telrith will take the fire poker and scatter the various parts of the fire under the smoking Pot.

is there any furniture or tools at all in the "picked clean" area?
Telrith fiddles with the fire.
(OC: Are you trying to put it out or what?)
No tools. Just big furniture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Provided there are no traps, Bain carefully checks the tracks on the room, (12+1) 13 and uses this information to invest himself in the search for additional clues (observation 13+2/15). Could we say that our previous enemies took this route to escape from us?
Not to escape from YOU, no. The tracks are just a little too old for that.
The tracks definitely imply hobgoblins were moving around these rooms, and through the doors you found, though. Otherwise, the stuff in the rooms are obviously leftovers from people packing it up and moving out - no essential supplies or tools are to be found, mostly just furniture too big or heavy to move in a rush.
Old 01-15-2023, 04:51 PM   #1416
Hide

Bain wonders about the time they have spent at the dungeon, as he observes the room more carefully and closely 14 (11) with the intend of revealing any hidden details.

This time he also asks Mihrimah and Vicious for help, directing their efforts using the previous inspection (tracking).
Old 01-16-2023, 04:00 AM   #1417
ajardoor

Bain, annoyed, realizes that he sees no signs of fun or profitable hidden stuff in these rooms.

Perhaps in the rooms beyond...but the risk is greater, as the hobgoblins have almost certainly kept an eye on the doors in and out of here if this was their old home.
Old 01-18-2023, 07:14 AM   #1418
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
Telrith fiddles with the fire.
(OC: Are you trying to put it out or what?)
No tools. Just big furniture.

Yeah, I'm trying to put it out.

How big is the furniture? how much of it is there? is it of any quality? is it just made of bare wood?

Could we get someone sneaky to listen at the door with all the footprints leading to it?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 08:14 AM   #1419
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yeah, I'm trying to put it out.

How big is the furniture? how much of it is there? is it of any quality? is it just made of bare wood?

Could we get someone sneaky to listen at the door with all the footprints leading to it?
The fire goes out, leaving the liquid to cool down and settle.

The furniture looks human-sized. It is not particularly clean or new, but it was professionally crafted, once upon a time. Probably stolen from a raided merchant caravan. The wood used in the furniture was been well-cut and covered with fabrics.

Yes. Who wants to make the Stealth and Listen rolls?
Old 01-18-2023, 09:02 PM   #1420
Hide

Bain makes sure there are no traps ahead (14) 10; Then he moves forward, very carefully, stealthily (16+1) 11 and spies on the room (13) 7.

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic