Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #31
Sunrunners_Fire

Default Re: Killing someone unkillable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori1332 View Post
If someone could help me build an power o kill this guy i would be grateful.
Given that everything on your character sheet is there because it is permitted by your GM, if your GM wants this enemy to be unkillable then your GM won't permit you to add anything to your character sheet that would allow you to bypass the enemy's unkillable status.

Table problems don't have game mechanical solutions.
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #32
DangerousThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
yes, it was... but a good solution to a problem shouldn't be ignored because someone else thought of it first. Even the Wolverine backstory (so much as I understand it) hints at something like this to establish his 'on the edge' craziness.
Ahh, but the Thieves' World link was weak; it happened (a demigod was sold to the alchemist's guild for experiments, as I remember).

The bronzing idea, though, was exactly how the heroes of Bloodsucking Fiends took care of a pair of vampires. So while they were sleeping, the head of the turkey bowlers used a huge electrolyzing vat and individually bronzed them.

Of course, since most vampires I've heard of from literature had super-human strength, that might just make them annoyed. I wonder what the strength of a quarter-inch of bronze is... Ya'know, just in case I have a vampire problem and need a couple of statues to give to the local werewolves. :)

That book talked a lot about the problems of vampire-human dating long before Twilight and Buffy hit the screens.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #33
Gurps Fan

In general, when the GM prepares an enemy that is supposed to be "unkillable", the whole idea of the adventure is seeking a way to neutralize his immortality or to defeat him without "killing" him. It's generally more fun for players to share common interests with the GM.

One classic method for defeating an "unkillable" enemy is hurling him away into outer space. It's easy in principle: you can just throw him upward so fast that he completely escapes from your planet's gravitational well. To do so, you only have to buy up ST.
Gurps Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss monster, building, campaign advice, help wanted, power build