Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 11-18-2023, 05:47 PM   #1
Phil Masters

Default Innate Attack/Striker in Racial Template Not Showing Up on Character Sheets

A minor thing, but - I recently had cause to create a Lizard Man (with tail striker) and a Dragon Blooded (with breath weapon) from the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy data files. They looked fine, but neither the Striker nor the Innate Attack then showed up on the character sheet Attacks sections.

If I added those advantages independently, they showed up just fine.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 09:59 AM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Innate Attack/Striker in Racial Template Not Showing Up on Character Sheets

I believe that's because those templates are the older style, where they are locked and the components are hidden. Hidden elements don't print on the sheet.

I believe the easiest option for this case is to select the character's template on a trait list, and the choose Convert to Parent/Child from the right-click menu. That will keep it in the Templates section, but change it to parent/child instead of template/components. It's functionally nearly identical, but the children will then no longer be locked or hidden, and the attacks should appear on attack displays. (There is currently no way to change it back, but since it's still under Templates, I'm not sure that matters.)
Old 11-19-2023, 10:18 AM   #3
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Innate Attack/Striker in Racial Template Not Showing Up on Character Sheets

Oh!

I just remembered that there are options on my sheets to print normally hidden items. If this is turned On for the right group, in this case Advantages, then the item will show up where it would normally be printed if not hidden, and in this case that means the normally hidden advantage will show up on the attack tables.

So that is also an option that may help you out here.

(The option will be in the Show Hidden Traits (Official Sheet) or Hidden and Component Items sections (GCA Prime, in the General Trait Band Options box) of Sheet Options. There is usually a big block of similar options that let you check one or more various types of lists for a bunch of different options, so they're usually pretty quick to find.)

Last edited by Armin; 11-19-2023 at 10:22 AM.
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character sheets, innate attack, racial templates, striker