Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #131
Almafeta

Default Re: 50-point Abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich
Now to model the other type of cyber-courier...Johnny Mnemonic-style. Don't have books with me at the moment, perhaps later.
Since he can't access it, I'd say it's a perk, tops.
Almafeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #132
Almafeta

The More You Hit Me, The Less I Feel It [50]

DR 5 (Absorption, points added to DR, +80%; Extended Duration, takes 3 seconds to lose 1 point of the absorption's energy battery, +20%) [50]

Damage you take adds to your DR. Every 10 points adds one extra level of DR -- so if four thugs hit you in the same round for 3 points of damage each, you wouldn't feel a thing, but your DR would go up by 1. Not too helpful against small arms fire, since you're probably unconscious before your DR makes you immune -- good for cinematic boxers, wrestlers, martial artists, and pulp heroes.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #133
GnomesofZurich

A couple of more notes on the Cyborg Courier:
One, Payload 10 is probably a bit much. With a ST of 10, adding in the +5 Lifting Strength, that would allow for 45 pounds of stuff to be stored inside your torso. That would be quite a stretch.

Two, adding something like Obscure (X-rays, Metal Detectors...whatever would be appropriate) might be a good idea, so that the fact that he is carrying goods isn't obvious.
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:49 PM   #134
Almafeta

Karate Master [52]

Back Kick (Tech/H) @ Karate [5]
Disarming @ Karate+5 [6]
Elbow Strike @ Karate [2]
Feint @ Karate+4 [5]
Ground Fighting @ Karate [5]
Jump Kick @ Karate [5]
Karate (DX/H) @ DX+4 [20]
Kicking @ Karate [3]
Knee Strike @ Karate [1]

You are very good with Karate; this level of skill would represent training for 40 hours per week every week for 5 years, while putting entire months into perfecting some of the more esoteric maneuvers. You are definately better skilled than any training montage.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:08 PM   #135
Atreyu_Hibiki

Okay, I said it for GurpsFan, I'll say it again: Holy Mini-templates, Almafeta! These'll fill that 'appendix' section right up to the brim! Good work!
Atreyu_Hibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:24 PM   #136
Ed the Coastie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almafeta
Battle Beasts [50]

Beasts On My Belt: Four Allies (25% of PC's value; Constantly *4; Special Abilities, +50%; Summonable, +100%) [40]

Licensed Beast Trainer: [1]

Stat Master: [1]

Talented Beast Trainer: Animal Handling (Collectabeast) (IQ/A) @ IQ+2 [8]

You have a set of summonable battle monsters that you can keep handy with you. This monster is worth 25% of the character's starting value; low IQ, Mute or Stuttering, and any disadvantage from the Domestic Animal or Wild Animal templates is appropriate, as are various elemental Weaknesses. As against that, it may have all sorts of advantages that are not generally appropriate for PCs in your campaign, not the least of which are various Innate Attacks.

Additionally, you are very good at training beasts, and you know all about the different species; the occasions in which you don't, you have a hand-dandy electronic organizer which can tell you. This is a perk. Finally, a different perk gives you the license you need to raise the beasts, which can be used as a valid form of identification, as well as letting you into some places and permitting you to enter competitions that non-licensed trainers cannot enter.
Hmmm...that looks like it just might work for a character that my daughter has been bugging me about. I'm going to have to work up stats on the various beasties, though.

I am assuming that the cost is 50 for each set of 4 beasts, regardless of the form in which you carry them. (For example, Pokemon eggs, Yugioh cards, etc...) Am I correct in this assumption?
Old 04-21-2006, 08:35 PM   #137
Almafeta

I'm glad it could help. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed the Coastie
I am assuming that the cost is 50 for each set of 4 beasts, regardless of the form in which you carry them. (For example, Pokemon eggs, Yugioh cards, etc...) Am I correct in this assumption?
Well, you probably wouldn't have to buy the perks multiple times... and after 5 allies, it's an Ally Group, not individual Allies. But 50 per 4 works.

Of course, you could also have two at 50% for the same cost, but any more than 50% of the PC, and with the mega-disads I mentioned earlier, the battle beasts become way too overpowered for that point range
Old 04-21-2006, 09:05 PM   #138
Almafeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu_Hibiki
Okay, I said it for GurpsFan, I'll say it again: Holy Mini-templates, Almafeta! These'll fill that 'appendix' section right up to the brim! Good work!
I can't wait to see the PDF when it's ready... and I can't wait to see the PDF keep expanding. :D

Anyhow, I'd like to get a nice even 10 templates done tonight, so have two martial art templates (adapted from Martial Arts 3e). At DX 13, these make you a "black belt," and you probably help teach classes to new students. Below that, and you are a talented student, who may have earned their sensei's (or mestre's) eye with their dedication, even if their innate abilities are lacking, and thus earned the training in the "advanced" techniques that way.

Aikido [52]
Acrobatics (DX/H) @ DX-2 [1]
Arm Lock (Tec/A) @ Judo+1 [1]
Broadsword Art (DX/A) @ DX+1 [4]
Finger Lock (Tec/H) @ Arm Lock-2 [2]
Ground Fighting (Tec/H) @ Judo-3 [2]
Japanese (Fluent spoken, Broken written) [4]
Judo (DX/H) @ DX+2 [12]
Judo Art (DX/H) @ DX+2 [12]
Shortsword Art (DX/A) @ DX+1 [4]
Staff (DX/A) @ DX [2]
Theology (Shinto) (IQ/H) @ IQ [4]
Two-Handed Sword Art (DX/A) @ DX+1 [4]

Capeoria [52]
Acrobatics (DX/H) @ DX+2 [12]
Dancing (optional specialization: Brasilian) (DX/E) @ DX+1 [2]
Feint (Tec/H) @ Karate+1 [2]
Ground Fighting (Tec/H) @ Karate-3 [2]
Judo (DX/H) @ DX+1 [8]
Jumping (DX/E) @ DX+1 [2]
Karate (DX/H) @ DX+2 [12]
Knife (DX/E) @ DX [1]
Musical Instrument (any one strings/percussion instrument) (IQ/H) @ IQ-2 [1]
Portuguese (Accented spoken, Accented written) [4]
Shortsword (DX/A) @ DX [2]
Staff (DX/A) @ DX [2]
Sweeping Kick (Tec/H) @ Karate-2 [2]

Last edited by Almafeta; 04-21-2006 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Didn't get to 10. Bother.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:40 PM   #139
Atreyu_Hibiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almafeta
I can't wait to see the PDF when it's ready... and I can't wait to see the PDF keep expanding. :D
Hate to say it, but at the moment, my main hangup is Death Cookie... can I get the go-ahead to just modify it as needed? At 15 points, it's not as point-broken as you seem to think it is... remember, you can't just fire an infinite amount off in battle like you can with most attacks. And you have to trick the person into actually eating the cookie for it to have any effect. Best solution I can think of is to add a couple more cookie-based abilities, like Coma cookie and Antidote Cookie...
Atreyu_Hibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:07 PM   #140
Almafeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu_Hibiki
Hate to say it, but at the moment, my main hangup is Death Cookie... can I get the go-ahead to just modify it as needed?
Just ignore it for now. If it's "broken" by your standards, just go on to the next one.

Tags
gurpsland, house rules, pdf, powers, sample powers