Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #11
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: [GURPS Powers: Divine Favor] Druid Abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
It's a shame that you posted it on the forums though, you could have gotten an excellent Pyramid article out of it :)
I suggested the same, but was told to delete my post... :-/ Which was probably because he was lining things up, but still...who doesn't want to do something they like and get paid for it? Though I'm sure the poster has their own reasons.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #12
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer (Deleted)
Cool stuff! Just one question...why aren't you submitting this for Pyramid?
Quote:
It's a shame that you posted it on the forums though, you could have gotten an excellent Pyramid article out of it :)
I have to echo this. Add a nice description to each one and a simple intro, and you basically would've had a Pyramid article here. Not that we don't appreciate you doing it for free, mind you, but this is the sort of thing we're willing to throw a few bucks at you for. :)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #13
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
I have to echo this. Add a nice description to each one and a simple intro, and you basically would've had a Pyramid article here. Not that we don't appreciate you doing it for free, mind you, but this is the sort of thing we're willing to throw a few bucks at you for. :)
And there is this group, you know, where people will help you get the formatting correct and everything... ;-)

Become a Patron!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:07 PM   #14
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
And there is this group, you know, where people will help you get the formatting correct and everything... ;-)
Hell, had you given me this, I would have turned it into a 5k word article and split the pay with you (so it would have been $100 bucks for each)

Now that the chance of doing this is out of the window (I had left it open in Dungeon Saints), I am going to compile this into a PDF for personal use. I want everyone's written permission to reuse (with credits, you can contact me privately with the details if you want to use your real names) fluff out, edit and adapt to my tastes everything in this thread. By posting it in the forums, SJG already has that right, but I do not, and this is going to be released under Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International that I believe complies with SJG's online policy.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #15
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Hell, had you given me this, I would have turned it into a 5k word article and split the pay with you (so it would have been $100 bucks for each)
Yep. I've done that before. I look forward to the compiled PDF.

Become a Patron!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #16
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
I am going to compile this into a PDF for personal use.
You might want to hold off on that. I'm not done posting these yet. I have a few different abilities left to post, along with Allies and Shapeshifting stuff I'm working on formatting.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #17
mehrkat

Kuroshima -- feel free to use anything of mine you wish. As long as you use it in a way that I can keep using it for personal use (including posting online) I'm cool. (edit: I'm cool with the share and share alike release) PM me if you need something more official.

I'm not planning to make any attempt to publish though I have been tempted to try to publish a pyramid article about tweaking the power scale for Divine Favor to allow more limited but cheaper abilities and then improve them gradually as your Favor with your god improves).

My only frustration with divine favor is that I run a lot of low power games and a lot of "typical" fantasy abilities are out of reach.

However, I will make a whole new list for that. I'll even hang up my first rejection letter from Pyramid.

Last edited by mehrkat; 03-10-2014 at 03:36 PM. Reason: read the license
mehrkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #18
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
I want everyone's written permission to reuse (with credits, you can contact me privately with the details if you want to use your real names) fluff out, edit and adapt to my tastes everything in this thread. By posting it in the forums, SJG already has that right, but I do not, and this is going to be released under Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International that I believe complies with SJG's online policy.
Is there a creative commons thing where you don't require attribution and allow commercial use? That one is too restrictive for me. I'm not comfortable with that.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #19
Ulzgoroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Is there a creative commons thing where you don't require attribution and allow commercial use? That one is too restrictive for me. I'm not comfortable with that.
From the link:
Quote:
You are free to:

Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material

The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Under the following terms:

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.

ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #20
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
You might want to hold off on that. I'm not done posting these yet. I have a few different abilities left to post, along with Allies and Shapeshifting stuff I'm working on formatting.
Awesome. However, I would like your permission to release the compiled PDF under the license stated above (CC BY-NC-SA), to keep everything legal. I'm going to use this as a learning experience for the Scribus layout program, and will release all the source files. I might make a call for art too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrkat View Post
Kuroshima -- feel free to use anything of mine you wish. As long as you use it in a way that I can keep using it for personal use (including posting online) I'm cool. (edit: I'm cool with the share and share alike release) PM me if you need something more official.

I'm not planning to make any attempt to publish though I have been tempted to try to publish a pyramid article about tweaking the power scale for Divine Favor to allow more limited but cheaper abilities and then improve them gradually as your Favor with your god improves).

My only frustration with divine favor is that I run a lot of low power games and a lot of "typical" fantasy abilities are out of reach.

However, I will make a whole new list for that. I'll even hang up my first rejection letter from Pyramid.
The plan is to put it into a LibreOffice document (odt), and lay it out in the open source Scribus layout program, using free/libre fonts (I'm partial to DejaVu) then release the resulting PDF and the source files used to create it. I would put a link, but the license would allow for free redistribution by anyone.

For all of you, the forum allows sending me emails or private messages with a letter giving me your authorization to re-release this stuff under that license, ans how you want to be credited (name, nickname, both, anonymously,...)
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
divine favor, powers