Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 08-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
nixong

Default Some New CW bits

In the absence of any new material for CW, it's come to the point that I'm making stuff up (shock horror!).

Before I release them to the (potential) playing group, I'd like some feedback from the community here first:

DURALUMINIUM FRAME
This is a body modification, and can be applied to any vehicle that has a rated Max load (except boats). It is not compatible with CA frames. This modification doubles body cost, increases the body weight by 10%, but increases the max load by 10%.
Vehicles with a Duraluminium Frame and a Roll Cage that are involved in a Ram take -1 point per die (minimum damage 1 point per die) from the ram collision damage

HYBRID ENGINES
Hybrid engines use a combination of Electric plants and IC engines to generate motion. They can be worked out by adding the Cost, Weight, Space and PF of an Electric plant to that of an IC engine. Neither the Electric plant nor the IC Engine can be modified in any way, and the IC engine must generate at least half the PF of the Electric plant, but no more PF than that of the Electric plant. Performance of the engine is calculated using the Electric plant formula.
These Engines still require gasoline to operate and will stop when this runs out. As there is an Electric plant in place, a laser battery is not required to run power draining electrics, but these use gasoline at the rate of 1 mile per power unit drained.

Thanks in advance
nixong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
DSumner

Default Re: Some New CW bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixong View Post
HYBRID ENGINES
Hybrid engines use a combination of Electric plants and IC engines to generate motion. They can be worked out by adding the Cost, Weight, Space and PF of an Electric plant to that of an IC engine. Neither the Electric plant nor the IC Engine can be modified in any way, and the IC engine must generate at least half the PF of the Electric plant, but no more PF than that of the Electric plant. Performance of the engine is calculated using the Electric plant formula.
These Engines still require gasoline to operate and will stop when this runs out. As there is an Electric plant in place, a laser battery is not required to run power draining electrics, but these use gasoline at the rate of 1 mile per power unit drained.

Thanks in advance
What's the advantage of a Hybrid Engine over taking either an electric, or IC Engine? And have you seen the thread where a bunch of us listed our home brew weapons and gear?

"Death is certain, life is not."

"No one assails me without punishment"
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
TheChin!

Default Re: Some New CW bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner View Post
What's the advantage of a Hybrid Engine over taking either an electric, or IC Engine? And have you seen the thread where a bunch of us listed our home brew weapons and gear?
The only thing I see at first glance is range. Not really an arena item. Maybe an option for a long-haul courier vehicle.
TheChin! is offline   Reply With Quote