Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-17-2020, 03:28 PM   #11
OldSam

Default Re: Reputation / Popularity

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
A Popularity Score that ranged from -20 to 20 could be a possibility. Each -+/-1 Popularity could represent +/-1 CP in overall Reputation. For example, a character with Reputation +4 (Women Only) would equal 10 Popularity while Reputation-2 (Christians Only) would equal -5 Popularity (and combining to two would equal 5 Popularity).
Interesting, I like the basic idea, it's linked to the advantage and at the same time opens room for more differentiation...
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 03:32 PM   #12
OldSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Brook View Post
My reading of the text is that the size of the affected group is the defining feature, not any connectedness or homogeneity. So I would let you assemble any descriptive small groups to make up a large group as long as the group size is right.
Thanks a lot! It seems that is the answer to my 1st question as other agreed, too :)
Old 08-17-2020, 03:36 PM   #13
OldSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I'm thinking about a modifier for the power of the group you have a reputation amongst. Being popular among nobles should be more worth than being popular among dung-rakers, even if there are as many nobles as dung-rakers.
Good point, I would agree, the "quality" regarding the result of the reputation is not the same as the "quantity" of people affected, it seems obvious that 10 nobles in most cases would be a more powerful resource (offering more options, more impact) than 10 lower class citizens for instance. Of course not always though, it depends.

Last edited by OldSam; 08-17-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:34 PM   #14
AlexanderHowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSam View Post
Interesting, I like the basic idea, it's linked to the advantage and at the same time opens room for more differentiation...
Thank you. It does require a little bookkeeping from the GM (keeping track of all of the reputation effects), and I would suggest differentiating between individual reputation and group reputation in supers settings.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote