Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
DarkForce

Default Day 1:OCC

Day 1.

Welcome to Day 1. This will be a survival horror game.

“The day is quite and easy. Nothing is strange or weird. All is well, until the all hell breaks loose. The world comes to a grinding halt. The dead rise and rampage across the world. The Earth is gone as we knew it. Now it up to you to survive just one day at a time.”

Characters will be built at 100cp with no limit on Disadvantages, but disadvantages must be realistic and not just slapped together. You will need to make Normal people without the zombies in mind. Think Walking Dead. I mean in that group, you families, 2 red necks, 2 cops, Children, then farmers and so and so on. The characters need to be real.

I am limiting the source books to Basic Set, High Tech, and Low Tech. If it is not in those 3 books sources you cannot not use it. Characters need to be realistic. Cinematic options will be greatly frowned upon, but not totally off limits. This is only for character creation. Combat options and such are of course free to use.

As for starting wealth… You have no starting wealth. We will not be playing with money. For gear, you will need to pick items that a regular and reasonable person would be carrying with them, on a regular day in their life. Now I know this is different for everyone, but what I am getting at is this; It would be reasonable for a cop, cab driver, truck driver, to be carrying a firearm. It would not be reasonable for a bank teller to be carrying.

We will pick a random city for you all to start in. I will make a roll with a Invisible castle for the state and choose a good city based on that roll. It would behoove you all to then research the city or at least look at the city’s website to at least get familiar with it.

Combat might not be a regular occurrence but problem solving and survival will. Ethics and rp are paramount for this game and you will need to be on your toes.

OCC and ICC knowledge are strictly separate. If you are caught using OCC knowledge you will be warned and if you fail to keep yourself in check you will be removed from the game. Also these kind of games are good for writers and people who want to expand their characters. One liner posts are kind of discouraged, of course I know sometimes it can’t be helped. Also stay away from ‘If this happens then this, if this then that’ posts. Make your choices and deal with the consequences. If you post that kind of post, I will choose what happens for you and you will have to deal with it.

Weight and carrying capacity is strictly enforced. You may need to find packs or carts or cars to help you get around. If you want to carry 50 lbs of rubber tubing, be my guest, you will have to deal with the fact that it is large bulky and hard to carry. Just because it is a good idea to have it, does not make it wise to do so.

Questions, Comments, concerns? this is the place to talk it out!

The Number rolled for the state was 42. The 42nd state is Washington! This will be good. Any city preferences? There are several good ones. There is Seattle, Olympia, Yakima, Wenatchee, Moses lake, Bellevue, Vancouver, Etc.

Lets get planning and building.
DarkForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Skullcrusher

Default Re: Day 1:OCC

I am planning on playing a Jock who is a college football player but also plays hockey and baseball. Basically he carries an equipment bag in his SUV that has various pieces of sports equipment because he "Never knows when a game is going to break out. His aunt and uncle were paying for his collegeand giving him spending money so he basically did not have a job...just partied, worked out and played sports. Is it cool to have baseball bats and such in an equipment bag in his vehicle?

Also in his background his friend's Grandpa owns an gun/outdoors shop on the outskirts of town. Trent (my character) would go shooting with his friend Cliff and thus that would be his reason for having a rifle in his SUV he carries it around.

Let me know.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
DarkForce

I see no problems with all that. I did change the CP. I was looking around at power levels and honestly for a normal human being a lot of people are saying 50 points. Which of course I do not like. So I brought it down to 100 with NO limit to disadvantages but they must be realistic.

As per a gun.

This is Washington's gun laws...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Washington

As long as Trent somewhat follows that, then that back story for a gun works just fine.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
Skullcrusher

Here is Trent....sorry he is late....

[

Last edited by Skullcrusher; 09-11-2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: removed draft charactr sheet
Old 09-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
MatthewVilter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Here is Trent....sorry he is late....

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1NN...it?usp=sharing
Okay, I don't know if dchsknight is still planing to run this but I have changed my mind. If "The Trenster" will be there to keep me company, I DO want to play this game! :)

Oh goodness he is such a trainwreck of an adventurer! :D

Character concept will follow.
MatthewVilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
MatthewVilter

Character concept:

Dr. Greg Thatcher, 57, retired special effects engineer, single father, knows how to build things or blow them up.

Alice, 17, high school student, pretty and not as airheaded as she would like people to think, just wants to be an actress but Greg is making her take AP business classes, Greg's ally and dependent.

Victor, 8, middle school student, smart but (unlike the other 4 kids in his class who have been diagnosed) he has ADHD, too young to remember his mother, Greg's dependent.

Last edited by MatthewVilter; 09-08-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
Skullcrusher

a 17 year old hotie int he group....lookout the Trentster is on the prowl.....

Old 09-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
MatthewVilter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
a 17 year old hotie int he group....lookout the Trentster is on the prowl.....
LOL

As long as he doesn't mind waking up to a napalm bath. ;)

But yeah, that was kinda the idea, party tension is key to the genre.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
DarkForce

I would love keep running it. I think that both of you would work well! and to be be honest this game is very drop in and out friendly so we can have more people come in anytime!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #10
MatthewVilter

Sounds fine to me.

I will take that as a go ahead to develop Greg.