Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #11
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Using PK's "Supercharged" enhancement to create genre-appropriate bricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I'm pretty sure I've seen trained normals blow through brick walls in comics, and most certainly armor and weapons are fairly irrelevant. Thing is, even styrofoam walls, at wall thickness, are fairly tough (I'd probably put it as being D-scale vs objects; even then, walls have decent hit points and DR).
I've done some demolition, People can actually fairly effectively tear down walls, and it's not hard to throw a person through wall board and plaster.

Giving the "ARCHTYPE!" a max damage of 9d and saying eh, make tanks out of styrofoam and walls out of tissue paper as a solution....I could not disagree any more... And I would be certainly ASTONISHED to see a comic book that took itself at all seriously that did.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #12
Anthony

Default Re: Using PK's "Supercharged" enhancement to create genre-appropriate bricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
I've done some demolition, People can actually fairly effectively tear down walls, and it's not hard to throw a person through wall board and plaster.
Did I say wall board and plaster? I'm talking brick.
Anthony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #13
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Did I say wall board and plaster? I'm talking brick.
It's just ridiculous. It's a game patch, not a comic trope. If it occurs, it's supposed to convey the near superhuman (or slightly superhuman) abilities of the person, not suggesting fragility of the objects. To make objects more fragile makes them more vulnerable to all sorts of threats, not just superhuman ones. If you accept this, then skyscrapers must be anti gravity to support their weight, fire damage would make any house go up like flash-paper etc.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
supers