Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-09-2023, 09:47 AM   #1
mummy_lord

Default [House Rules] Single Wound System

Hello,

I am playing with the idea of using a wounding system able to:

1. Menage discrete injuries to Hit Locations.
2. Use as many of the advanced rules scattered among many resources as possible.
3. Follow the standard rules as much as possible.

Of course, I am not afraid of the increasing in bookkeeping.

This is the list of the rules I’m trying to incorporate in the system: Bleeding, Accumulated Wounds (Basic, p.420), Abdomen Hit Location (Low Tech: Instant Armor, p.19), Body Hits, Limb Hits, Stopping the Bleeding (High Tech, p.163) and everything in the Realistic Injuries chapter (Martial Arts, p.136).

I already searched this forum (and the internet) but all the threads I found have some issues. Sometimes they do not follow rule #2 or rule #3 proposing a complete alternative architecture to support the “single wound mechanism”. Forum threads are too old and I am trying to avoid necroposting if unnecessary.

Since I’m sure this first post would be too long, I give the link to a file in my GoogleDrive. You can download it, go through it and give some feedback, here… or directly to me, as you wish.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...-C4Dt9aEk/edit

It is a simple collection of Basic and aforementioned advance rules. The Parts in BLUE are the adjustment needed to make the system work and some annotations.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited by mummy_lord; 03-10-2023 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Updated link
mummy_lord is offline   Reply With Quote