Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-27-2015, 08:10 AM   #1
Mister Ed

Default Munchkin Oz "Steed"

In Munchkin Oz there are some cards that seem like Steeds and have text basically telling you to treat them like Steeds if you AREN'T playing with Steed rules. But they don't say "Steed" on them, so am I to assume that if you ARE playing with Steed rules (say in a blended game) that these would now, paradoxically, NOT be Steeds (that certainly seems like what the card text and lack of a "Steed label on the card would result in)? If so, why not? They certainly seem like Steeds.

Great set by the way. Fun, and brought back all sorts of memories from reading all the Oz books to the kids.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 12-27-2015 at 08:13 AM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 03:24 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Munchkin Oz "Steed"

The intent is that you treat them as Steeds if you have the Steed rules. If not, you have just enough of the Steed rules on the card to get you by.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:59 AM   #3
Mister Ed

That's good to know, as I'd hoped that was the case. The wording on the card could be better, I think, but I'm perfectly happy with official word that "they are Steeds". :-)
Old 01-05-2016, 08:19 AM   #4
Enzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Great set by the way. Fun, and brought back all sorts of memories from reading all the Oz books to the kids.
I agree, the Oz set is very well done. I really like that it uses the normal "Fantasy Munchkin" back so it blends that much better with every other set that also does (Pathfinder, Conan, Legends, Holiday Surprise, etc). We played our Oz with the Kittens, Undead, and Holiday Surprise blended in and it was great :)
Enzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:26 AM   #5
Mister Ed

Oooh, we should throw in the kittens. I didn't even think of that. I put that booster in the stocking of the same child we gave Munchkin Oz to, so I don't know WHY that didn't occur to me.

(And I was successful in keeping my son from finding out that Munchkin Oz even existed until he opened the package, despite his being a big Munchkin fan who had played every other type of Munchkin there is, aside from Nightmare Before Christmas. That was a fun moment. Thanks for not putting an ad for it in any of the Munchkin comics until the Christmas one!)
Old 03-13-2016, 04:27 AM   #6
Beavers

Awesome thanks for clearing that up. By the way, are there any strategy guides for newbs for Munchkin to help get better?

Last edited by Beavers; 12-08-2023 at 06:10 AM.
Beavers is offline   Reply With Quote