Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-19-2022, 02:35 PM   #31
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Nightmare Fuel: Snakes, Bugs (well, arthropods mostly), and Evil Plants for the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
Backed, including the Nordlondr stuff I missed last year. Early Saturnalia present to myself.
Woo hoo! and thank you.

I will admit to refreshing this thing a lot to see us inching to funding. I will feel much better seeing it fund!
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 02:13 PM   #32
DouglasCole

Default Re: Nightmare Fuel: Snakes, Bugs (well, arthropods mostly), and Evil Plants for the D

After a great start, we are at the one week point for the Nightmare Fuel crowdfunding campaign. We're very close to funding, as the "ticker" stands at $22,426 of a $24,000 core goal.

Looking at the most popular pledge levels:
These are the four most popular pledge levels so far. If you don't see one that interests you, but you still want to help it fund, you can find all the pledge levels here.

I'm asking folks to jump on sooner rather than later so that we can fund the project. After that, the stretch goal beckons...but that's so much less important than getting the books made at all!
Old 10-20-2022, 04:21 PM   #33
Varyon

I was considering upping my pledge to throw in for the cartoony covers, but I'm not seeing them as an add-on option. Is that more of a "we'll figure it out once the campaign is finished and everyone picks their add-ons" kind of thing, and I should just toss an extra $55 into my pledge now?
Old 10-20-2022, 05:28 PM   #34
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
I was considering upping my pledge to throw in for the cartoony covers, but I'm not seeing them as an add-on option. Is that more of a "we'll figure it out once the campaign is finished and everyone picks their add-ons" kind of thing, and I should just toss an extra $55 into my pledge now?
That's kind of what I was thinking, because the money isn't assigned until Pledge Manager.

It's actually one of the things I've provided, um, strong feedback to them about. They have all of this latent capability in their Pledge Manager to let folks treat the process more like a shopping cart, which I think folks like...but their roadmap is deliberately not targeting integration of those capabilities. I've asked rather specifically "why are you targeting where KS was a year or two ago as your initial entry point?"
Old 10-20-2022, 05:46 PM   #35
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
That's kind of what I was thinking, because the money isn't assigned until Pledge Manager.

It's actually one of the things I've provided, um, strong feedback to them about. They have all of this latent capability in their Pledge Manager to let folks treat the process more like a shopping cart, which I think folks like...but their roadmap is deliberately not targeting integration of those capabilities. I've asked rather specifically "why are you targeting where KS was a year or two ago as your initial entry point?"
Alright, +$55 it is. Not much of a difference (right around 0.23% of the goal), but a bit of one.
Old 10-20-2022, 06:20 PM   #36
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Alright, +$55 it is. Not much of a difference (right around 0.23% of the goal), but a bit of one.
For the next (goes and looks) $1,289 ... it all helps.

I am assuming it will eventually fund. Otherwise I'mma going to be in no small amount of distress...I've commissioned all the art.
Old 10-21-2022, 08:35 AM   #37
dbm

Doug - what would really help to bang the drum on your behalf would be some teaser content. Things we can talk about on ENWorld, RPG.net and other places which get lots of eye balls. Having new things to talk about makes it easy to keep the thread on the front page of those sites without simply looking like a shill 🙂

Any of that lined up?
dbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 08:42 AM   #38
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbm View Post
Doug - what would really help to bang the drum on your behalf would be some teaser content. Things we can talk about on ENWorld, RPG.net and other places which get lots of eye balls. Having new things to talk about makes it easy to keep the thread on the front page of those sites without simply looking like a shill 🙂

Any of that lined up?
Yah. I'm starting to get some of the prelim art in hand, and have plans to write up a few things I can process immediately - giant scorpions and wasps.

I'm starting to get sketch work from my artists, and Brendan's Garden of Evil cover is in what he calls the "ugly color" phase, where the rough coloring is in, but the details and levels aren't yet refined.

In short: soon. Maybe even late today. It's my priority right now, but there was a lot of...call it "background noise" with some other projects that got in the way.
Old 10-21-2022, 08:44 AM   #39
dbm

Fab, I will keep an eye open for that
dbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 08:46 AM   #40
Varyon

The update from earlier today includes a mockup of the Garden of Evil cover art, but it's incomplete and pretty small. You could probably just link that page.

The project is so close to funding at this point - $431 away. I know projects on Kickstarter often get a rush of pledges once over the tipping point, so hopefully that will happen here as well.

Tags
bestiary, crowd funding