Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2020, 08:33 AM   #1
ArchonShiva

Default Feinting with Push

Actual table question: Can the Push skill be used to Feint?

On the actual rules side, Unarmed Combat Skill is not actually defined anywhere, but Push is stated to make an unarmed attack. I'm tempted to ask "could Push deliver a touch spell?", because Adventurers calls out unarmed combat skill specifically on that topic. Not to be accidentally helpful, Spells says you need a standard melee attack, a term which unsurprisingly appears nowhere else, but the “try to wrench your staff away as your attack” option lets me believe the expression means "a melee attack which is not a new special type because of a melee spell is involved".

As for what the answer should be, it would surprise me that a thing that can send someone flying across the room and can be parried, blocked or dodged could not be used to threaten to send someone flying across the room in order to divert their parry, block or dodge.

Tags
chi, combat