Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #91
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: Clothing in Spaaaaaaace!

If I can't drop everything and run when the zombie/alien/carnivorous sheep apocalypse hits, then it's simply bad fashion. ;)

High heels are just as stupid as pants around the ankles. But society views them very differently.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #92
Dammann

But what if the zombies have a powerful dread of lawyers? You'll be missing that suit then, won't you?
Dammann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #93
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammann View Post
But what if the zombies have a powerful dread of lawyers? You'll be missing that suit then, won't you?
Nah you just turn them by brandishing a Restraining Order wielded with true faith.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #94
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammann View Post
Braaaaaaaains?!
I have a summmmmmmmmons!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #95
wellspring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
The baggy legwarmers on the other hand were just an attempt to balance out the incredibly baggy sweater/tunic with the tight waist belt struggling to define your middle in there somewhere. Same opaque tights, no miniskirt (the huge sweater/tunic serves as a short dress), and without either huge boots or the baggy legwarmers, your legs would look like ridiculous pipe cleaners holding up a melting egg.

It all made some sense. It was also all very stupid looking. :D
As another 80's child, I'd say it was totally awesome!

I know, I know, I'm a grown man, I shouldn't use the word "awesome". Just to add to the legwarmers thing, it made the thighs look slender and left the calves to the imagination, much as boots do at the moment. They also were a reference to the pro-dancer thing that gave us movies/shows like Grease and Fame. Oh, and Flashdance.
wellspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #96
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
Nah you just turn them by brandishing a Restraining Order wielded with true faith.
Now that really makes me want to create some very odd DF/general fantasy/etc. characters.
tI reminds me of the original "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" movie.
Spoiler fnorded for those ignorant of classic cheese.
The sound or even the lyrics' sheet of the horrible fictional Puberty Love song kills the tomatoes.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #97
Ed the Coastie

If memory serves, casual wear for the "space elves" from my old GURPS Terradyne campaign was generally lederhosen and calf-length moccasins, with breast bands also being worn by females. In gravity, a kilt and cloak were added to the ensemble.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #98
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellspring View Post
As another 80's child, I'd say it was totally awesome!

I know, I know, I'm a grown man, I shouldn't use the word "awesome". Just to add to the legwarmers thing, it made the thighs look slender and left the calves to the imagination, much as boots do at the moment. They also were a reference to the pro-dancer thing that gave us movies/shows like Grease and Fame. Oh, and Flashdance.
And then there's the shoulderpads and teased/moused/hairsprayed to death/permed hair, often in mullets.

It's really no wonder cartoons and caricatures of the day started drawing women as triangles.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clothing, fashion, freefall, space, ultra-tech