Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 05:28 AM   #1
Anders
 
Anders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Default Tribes???

When did this excellent, but somewhat bizarre, game go out of print? And are there any plans to reopen it or make it available as a PDF?
__________________
“When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love ...” Marcus Aurelius
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
Shadlyn
 
Shadlyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: Tribes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask
When did this excellent, but somewhat bizarre, game go out of print? And are there any plans to reopen it or make it available as a PDF?
I don't remember exactly when it when out of print, but it was a while ago. It also faked us out a couple of times, by going out of print, but then having some returned from distribution to tide us over another few months.

I know that this is one of his projects that SJ still has a strong attachment to, so I would be surprised if it doesn't become available again in some form (PDF, reprint, update, who knows?)...but it probably won't be this year.

Sorry for the vague answer, but my crystal ball seems to be on the fritz today.
__________________
Shadlyn Wolfe
Shadlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
PK
 
PK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dobbstown Sane Asylum
Default Re: Tribes???

Aw, bummer. I can see why, though.

It's an odd game. And there's not much about it that sucks you by just looking at it. That's why (since buying it), I've tried to run a game at every con I attend, because it really doesn't shine until you're playing it.

Given its components, I'd hope that this one makes it onto e23 -- you already have to do much of the work yourself (cutting out all of the tokens, cards, etc.), so adding the extra step of printing it all out isn't a big deal. That'd make it cheaper and in-print forever, as well as more accessible to overseas customers. Win-win!
__________________
Reverend Pee Kitty of the Order Malkavian-Dobbsian (Twitter) (LJ)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:17 PM   #4
Anders
 
Anders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Default Re: Tribes???

I've thought about making a "super-Tribes" with a small island with perhaps four tribes and six areas. You'd need perhaps 20-30 people but it would be fun to do. Perhaps at some convention.
__________________
“When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love ...” Marcus Aurelius
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #5
Michaela
 
Michaela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Default Re: Tribes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask
I've thought about making a "super-Tribes" with a small island with perhaps four tribes and six areas. You'd need perhaps 20-30 people but it would be fun to do. Perhaps at some convention.
This is much how the game was played in the last few years before its publication. SJ would take it to cons he was attending and moderate multi-tribe games. I was in one with three tribes of 6 each and it was Great Fun.
Michaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:41 AM   #6
Marcus Evenstar
 
Marcus Evenstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Comfy Chair, Seattle Metroplex, NW US, NorthAm, Sol-3, Sector 2814
Default Re: Tribes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyld Rose
This is much how the game was played in the last few years before its publication. SJ would take it to cons he was attending and moderate multi-tribe games. I was in one with three tribes of 6 each and it was Great Fun.
Would that have been the Land of the Brown, Bubbly River and the tribe that always had time for "oo-oo"? That particular tribe ended up with eleven children and the remnants of the other two tribes who'd spent all their time fighting instead of hunting and making babies.

Hedonistic polygamy triumphed over militaristic monogamy, YAY!
__________________
Board Game Wrangler / Convention Maven
Episkopos - PSSP / Pandimensional Caterer
Marcus Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:39 AM   #7
Michaela
 
Michaela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Default Re: Tribes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Evenstar
Would that have been the Land of the Brown, Bubbly River and the tribe that always had time for "oo-oo"? That particular tribe ended up with eleven children and the remnants of the other two tribes who'd spent all their time fighting instead of hunting and making babies.

Hedonistic polygamy triumphed over militaristic monogamy, YAY!
Don't forget the unrepentant socialism! Oh, yes, good times.
Michaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.