Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-21-2022, 12:56 PM   #11
DangerousThing

Default Re: Settings and Adventures I love

There are several Traveller campaigns that are available. The Pirates of Drinix is considered good. Mongoose has a few other campaigns.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:20 PM   #12
DemiBenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousThing View Post
There are several Traveller campaigns that are available. The Pirates of Drinix is considered good. Mongoose has a few other campaigns.
Traveller makes some setting assumptions that I find silly. It’s not quite the kind of SF I like… although that could be because I’ve never played with a Traveller group.
Old 06-21-2022, 03:12 PM   #13
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparcipx View Post

Next would probably be GURPS Autoduel,
Autoduel would be cool to get revised. We could get a simpler modular vehicle system based on GURPS Spaceships. And maybe there is incentive for VDS.
IOU would be cool though probably very niche. It could also be a good headquarters or base of operations for a group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiBenson View Post
I’m interested in running or playing in games that can be summed up as “explore a wide world, meet and interact with fleshed-out characters and societies”.
Sadly, SJGames does not make those. Which is too bad, because like most people these days, I don’t have 40+ hours to devote to creating a world book with maps and interesting locations and people, or finding or buying art assets.
Just recently we have GURPS Girl Genius and GURPS Infinite Worlds: Nightreign. What we need is for writers to want to write the things you want and to make good pitches.
So what are some things you would like to see? Pitch an idea that an author reading this thread might go "Yeah, I could write that and it would be pretty fun!"
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 03:42 PM   #14
SilvercatMoonpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
So what are some things you would like to see? Pitch an idea that an author reading this thread might go "Yeah, I could write that and it would be pretty fun!"
GURPS Cuddly-Wuddly Creatures.

No, seriously: a GURPS setting supplement for playing cute critters having cute adventures where no one ever has to use the combat rules.
SilvercatMoonpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 03:54 PM   #15
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
GURPS Cuddly-Wuddly Creatures.

No, seriously: a GURPS setting supplement for playing cute critters having cute adventures where no one ever has to use the combat rules.
LOL, I'm down with that. I always wanted a GURPS Toon!
But I miss the old humor products (like IOU) though Girl Genius and Casey and Andy have humor they just do not hit the right tone for my funny bone.
I think a GURPS My Little Pony or some such might hit a fresh market. And if it sells certainly do a lot to disabuse the "GURPS is too complicated and requires advanced math" meme.

GURPS Furries is a start but really aimed at a wider concept that the silly humor one.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:10 PM   #16
SilvercatMoonpaw

Quote:
I think a GURPS My Little Pony or some such might hit a fresh market. And if it sells certainly do a lot to disabuse the "GURPS is too complicated and requires advanced math" meme.
I'm normally not interested in any of the products that rebuild GURPS for a specific genre or setting, but I would pay good money for rules designed to emulate non-violent cartoons.
SilvercatMoonpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 06:42 PM   #17
sparcipx

Quote:
Autoduel would be cool to get revised. We could get a simpler modular vehicle system based on GURPS Spaceships. And maybe there is incentive for VDS.
IOU would be cool though probably very niche. It could also be a good headquarters or base of operations for a group.
We sort-of already do, in the form of GURPS Action 6: Hot Rides, but it's a very, very long way from being Car Wars. We've experimented with adding a few house rules (and enough hand-waving to achieve flight) to move Hot Rides a little closer, but even then our sessions tended to be very combat-light and roleplaying-heavy.

I'd love a 4e version of Autoduel with either a modular system like Spaceships, or a beefed-up version of Hot Rides. It could even serve to introduce players of the new version of Car Wars to roleplaying...

IOU is a niche case for sure... but it's nice to see Agatha Heterodyne's early days :)
sparcipx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 06:48 PM   #18
sparcipx

Quote:
GURPS Furries is a start but really aimed at a wider concept that the silly humor one.
Pair it with GURPS Supers and run a Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew oneshot!
sparcipx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 08:07 PM   #19
Apollonian

I'd like to see updates for GURPS Cabal and the Hellboy RPG, personally.
Apollonian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 08:20 PM   #20
whswhs

Quote:
LOL, I'm down with that. I always wanted a GURPS Toon!GURPS Furries is a start but really aimed at a wider concept that the silly humor one.
Yes, but it does have toon racial templates, and advice on how to make them the full on "can't hurt a toon!" type . . .

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote