Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-27-2022, 07:22 PM   #61
SilvercatMoonpaw

Default Re: Settings and Adventures I love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Leviathan View Post
It's also a genre I think writers would have a ball writing for.
It's also pretty adaptable: magic, non-humans, mecha, etc. I mean, look at Rifts.

(Granted, I assume you're talking about grounded settings, Black L.)
Old 06-28-2022, 07:00 PM   #62
KarlKost

I love Reign of Steel; the AIs are super well designed, the entire setting feels alive. I once did a game with Infinity patrol trying to infiltrate it, epic.

Nowadays Im creating my own setting, it's a post-apocaliptic fantasy. The world has been overrun by demons and undead; the few remaining gods (only 10 of them) assembled the most skilled mortals in an unforsaken unforgiven land.

It's post apocalipse but mixed with fantasy, so among the survivors there are the most skilled archmages, master alchemists and master shamanists and more, hand picked by Thoth, the egptian God of knowledge.

They are being lead by an Ares demi-god (the surviving gods lost most of their powers) struggling with depression, feeling personally responsible for the death of his father Zeus and the other Gods, and taking upon himself the burden of leadership, being a totally different person to whom he was, and aided by an Afrodite also completely changed by the circumstances, who acts as a cornerstone to the community
KarlKost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 07:19 PM   #63
sparcipx

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKost View Post
I love Reign of Steel; the AIs are super well designed, the entire setting feels alive. I once did a game with Infinity patrol trying to infiltrate it, epic.
I ran a Reign of Steel/War Against the Chtorr adventure when I first got into GURPS. Won't try that again.
sparcipx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 10:29 PM   #64
KarlKost

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparcipx View Post
I ran a Reign of Steel/War Against the Chtorr adventure when I first got into GURPS. Won't try that again.
Lol but why not?

I was hoping to get the AI Brisbane to find out one of the Parachronic Conveyors and become the BBB (big-bad-boss) for the entirety of the rest of Infinity chenanigans... Just imagine a crazy AI terminator messing with the entire multiverse... I had plans to have the Cabal team up with Infinity to deal with it, but unfortunately I never got the chance
KarlKost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 01:25 PM   #65
SilvercatMoonpaw

I'm going to give a shout-out to Alexander Athanatos: while it's way more grounded then my personal preference, I really enjoy how it took biotechnology and put it in a setting where I never would have expected it.
Old 07-13-2022, 05:23 PM   #66
Duringar

I would also add my hat into some sort of guideline for campaigns. I realize there are some out there already, but it would be nice to have a few that are GURPS themed. Meaning that we don't have to do a lot of converting into our system.
Duringar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:35 PM   #67
Chris Goodwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkstomper View Post
My version of the Horatio Club has a portal to the Bazaar on Deeva, from Robert Asprin's "Myth Adventures" series, which is a lovely spot for plot hooks as well.
Way back in the days of Man to Man, Myth Adventures was one of the settings I asked for in the customer survey I sent back to SJ Games. +1 from me.

I've started a subreddit for discussion of INWO and Illuminati. Check it out!
Chris Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote