Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-13-2015, 03:58 PM   #591
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

"You could tell us what's going when we ask the first time. You've not been forthcoming about your situation."

After that there is some discussion outside of the tent, and then the cuffs are taken off (though he is asked to stay in the tent). Goliath is brought in, seemingly having recovered from what ever dart they hit him with rather well. The entry point hurts, a lot.

They let him sit in the tent for a while. a few minutes later, someone comes in and says "We plan to turn Kumar in. Would you prefer to testify against him or to remain off the record?"

Peter can tell this is more testing -- They want to test his response. They want to know his loyalty, his status on the law, and if he thinks Kumar did anything wrong. but they aren't asking directly.

if Peter objects (likely), they say that the law has to be upheld, and that Kumar broke the law. Abiding by the law doesn't have good implications for Peter. They seem to expect a response to that -- their own safety, it would seem.

if Peter chooses to testify or distances himself from Kumar, they will ask what crimes he knows Kumar to be involved in.

OCC:you gave what I needed. Also, sensitive gives you their motives in asking these questions

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:28 PM   #592
the_matrix_walker

"Kumar may have made mistakes, but I really think he was only trying to help me out. If someone has to pay the price, go ahead and turn me in. I only ask that you or he take care of Goliath for me."

Peter thinks to himself... '...hopefully we both still pop to the next crazy world together, even if we are separated...'
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #593
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

They seem to relax a little at that point.

"Who's Kumar working with? We don't want to cause any more trouble than we already had, but we had to be sure."

Peter is let out of the tent to walk around. He's told he'll get a new assignment on this world before too long.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-05-2015, 12:05 PM   #594
the_matrix_walker

Peter tells them he doesn't know what they mean exactly... Kumar is working with the Miracle Workers, and his only shady dealing that Peter knows of is that he tried to protect Peter and Goliath.

He awaits his assignment and tries to help out if he can around the camp while he waits.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:51 PM   #595
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Yes, we believe that. But he wasn't the only person helping, was he?"

That evening, Peter dreams of a bustling town, full of crowded, dirty men. And they were men -- he could hardly see any women or children. The men wore pants and some of them wore shirts, but most of them didn't. Several ethnicities were represented. The vegetation was lush and tropical -- the vegetation that was left.

Peter woke up naked again. He was still in a tent, but rather than the fancy plastic of the miracle workers, this one used the coarse fabric of canvas. Canvas bags and coarse wooden crates were stacked all over the place. Goliath stood up warily. The temperature was still warm.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #596
the_matrix_walker

Peter rises and stretches. "Here we go again, boy. This doesn't look like home." He whispers.

He glances about, assessing his surroundings, and hoping to find something for his modesty... while being quiet so as not to reveal himself before he knows what's going on around him.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:09 AM   #597
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Finding clothing isn't hard: opening a few bags reveals various clothes, all quite dirty. Searching for a while might reveal something that actually fits.

How long does he search for proper clothes?
Does he leave the mess or put everything back?
If he sees something nicer or cleaner than the rest does he put it back or wear it?

Old 11-16-2015, 07:05 PM   #598
the_matrix_walker

Peter tries to find something as clean as possible, and would prefer more generic looking clothing than distinctive...

He takes his time unless he hears allot of activity, then will sneak off to try and get his bearings on the setting unseen.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:17 AM   #599
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter sneaks out of the tent. He's in a tropical camp, late in the afternoon. There are a number of people around, most of them lounging in some sort of shelter. The camp appears to be new. Peter thinks he's seen a couple of times, but tries to act natural and no one brings it up. They aren't on any distinguishable road, and there's not an entirely clear purpose to the group. The tools he saw in the first tent might suggest mining, but there weren't that many of them. The group is heavily armed. Something like a quarter of the people have a gun of one sort or another near them, and another quarter have a long blade or spear of some sort nearby. But if this is an army, they are remarkably relaxed. Perhaps they are bandits? Or maybe they merely expect bandits.

Goliath is near peter when his fur stands up. Looking at where the dog is, peter sees a strange creature: Its shaped like a monkey, but is a shiny bluish green color with deep eyes. It doesn't seem to have fur. Its moving through the forest around the camp -- but it seems to be looking at the forest, not the camp.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:18 PM   #600
the_matrix_walker

"Easy boy." Peter calms Goliath and scurries over to his side, watching the creature intently... Peter wonders about how this creature evolved, but starts thinking of flights of fancy of the lost space monkey...

"What do you think boy? Is he their version of a guard dog?" He whispers to his companion.

He follows the creature around a bit in it's orbit of the camp, and in so doing, gets a look at the rest of the camp as well. If anyone pays him too much attention, he flashes them his disarming smile...

Tags
lost in dreams