Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-07-2022, 11:42 AM   #991
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter calls out to the people beyond the portal.

"Hey, can you hear me? I'm not sure it's a great idea to go through here just yet."

If they can't communicate, he'll go ahead with his plan of tossing one of these guys through the portal.

After, he will do whatever rituals he can to the dream god to see if he can grab their attention.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:11 AM   #992
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The Woman speaks "We hear you mortal! Come through the portal. It is safer here than on your side."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:24 AM   #993
the_matrix_walker

Are they speaking the language he was granted by magic? Are these uniforms the same as the soldiers who took him? What does the sky look like on the other side of the portal?

"I think this portal is causing problems and having two of the same guy here might be what's keeping it open. How do you know I'm mortal? Why call me that? Aren't you a mortal?"

He starts dragging the corpse to the portal.
Old 03-09-2022, 09:14 AM   #994
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Are they speaking the language he was granted by magic? Are these uniforms the same as the soldiers who took him? What does the sky look like on the other side of the portal?
They're speaking the language granted by magic. They're wearing armor, not uniforms. Its distinct, and in a classical style. The sky looks blue and pleasant*. The field is grassy.

*I'm going to get questions about the sky for a while now, aren't I...

Quote:
"I think this portal is causing problems and having two of the same guy here might be what's keeping it open. How do you know I'm mortal? Why call me that? Aren't you a mortal?"
the Woman: "I know you're a mortal because you're naked without a sigil, you are too ignorant to be an imposter, and because I don't recognize you. I call you mortal to let you know that I am Divine. Now come through the portal. Its doing exactly what its supposed to. And put my dead King back."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-09-2022, 09:48 AM   #995
the_matrix_walker

Peter stops dragging the body when he gets to the portal's edge and says...

"I read up on some of the divine beings... What's your name? The last world I was on is falling apart, their sky is all weird and filled with gears, and I think this portal has something to do with it. Can you close it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
*I'm going to get questions about the sky for a while now, aren't I...
I was just trying to check to see if that was the same world Peter just came from.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 03-09-2022 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-10-2022, 10:45 AM   #996
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Peter stops dragging the body when he gets to the portal's edge and says...

"I read up on some of the divine beings... What's your name? The last world I was on is falling apart, their sky is all weird and filled with gears, and I think this portal has something to do with it. Can you close it?"

My name is An-kona, I'm a City Goddess on your world "Filled with Gears". I can close this portal, but doing so is a very bad idea at the moment. Put Arn-Oda's body back where we left it and leave the death trap you're standing in!"

Old 03-10-2022, 11:20 AM   #997
the_matrix_walker

Does Peter recognize the name from his studies?

Peter will comply and put the body back where he found it and back to the portal.

If he does not recognize her name as a "scary" or "Hostile" god, he will step through the portal.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:19 AM   #998
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Does Peter recognize the name from his studies?

Peter will comply and put the body back where he found it and back to the portal.

If he does not recognize her name as a "scary" or "Hostile" god, he will step through the portal.
He doesn't recognize her name, puts Arn-Oda's body back, and steps through the portal into a grassy field. On the other side of the portal, he can see that a large collection of log buildings has been erected, and people wearing styles that look ancient are milling about with the glowing orbs around their necks. Fields are being cultivated, but carefully positioned all behind the portal where they can't be seen.

The magic from the portal is scattering into this world, but An-Kona and her companion are absorbing a little into their orbs. The rest of the area is free of magic.

An-Kona: "Thank you, Mortal. I have given you my name, what is yours? And can you travel back to my people? We have been unable to speak with them."

Old 03-11-2022, 01:15 PM   #999
the_matrix_walker

"Hi! I am Peter, and this is Goliath."

He gives Goliath the signal to bow in his little doggy-curtsy.

"It may take me a few days, but I should be able to return to your people. Trying to find out what's going on and why they lost contact is why I'm here. They will be very happy to hear that you're still out here and concerned for them.

Can anyone lend me some clothes? I'm afraid the way I travel leaves them behind. I'm happy to bring back messages, but I need to be able to remember them because, obviously, I can't carry anything with me. Are those orbs soaking up the magic coming from the other side of the portal? Maybe that's why communication is down and the sky there is all wonky."
Old 03-14-2022, 09:46 AM   #1000
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Yes, lets cover you up." She turns to the people who were approaching with more spears. "Anyone know of someone who can host a kid! He was wandering about the ampitheater"

Someone yells "I think Tar-Billik is a good choice."

An-Kona nods: "Tar-Billik it is. Peter, you will be the guest of Tar-Billik while you are among us. But before you go, I will answer some questions:"

"The most powerful and clever of us have shut down our seat of power, as well as magic in the connected realm. The portals are key to that. An enemy is trying to invade, and they require fairly unique conditions to reach us. So we are drawing power out of those two realms so that the enemy cannot enter. The realms are connected to power, so there have been... side effects. And Yes, I can store a little of that drawn power... you must be sensitive to these flows. What are you? where are you from?"

Tags
lost in dreams