Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-27-2023, 07:52 AM   #661
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Thank you, just to be clear, the core is the big circle on left in the maps, right? Do they have to reach a particular floor, or just get close to the "circle" on any map?

The circle on the left is the manuever drive. The circle on floor 15 in the middle is their target, the warp core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'd like Hua to be on the compartment the arrow is heading through so she's best placed to harass the enemy as the proceed towards their target. Hopefully this will slow them down long enough to allow our guards to protect the drive room.
ok, so Hua will be on deck 15 inside the living quarters they will need to pass through.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 10:31 AM   #662
Hide

So, the only way for them to reach the target is by moving from deck 16 to 15, right? Have we decided the number of allies on deck 15 and 19?
Old 03-01-2023, 07:42 AM   #663
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
So, the only way for them to reach the target is by moving from deck 16 to 15, right?
Yes. And locked doors make it difficult to make that move in more than one specific location.

Quote:
Have we decided the number of allies on deck 15 and 19?
No, you haven't decided on the split. I was going to leave it vauge

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-01-2023, 12:05 PM   #664
Hide

Quote:
No, you haven't decided on the split. I was going to leave it vauge
Can the 3 mobs converge into a single group and stand against the Dread-Stormers on the same deck?

I am concerned about the enemy distribution, if they are going for the drive, they can easily damage deck 15.

Assuming they make a stand on each deck or that the mob on the upper deck is a distraction, if they surrendered, would not it be just a fraction of the enemy forces? Converting people takes time, and assigning guards to watch over the prisoners would reduce the muscle for the next deck.

@Gnomes/TGLS?
Old 03-01-2023, 09:02 PM   #665
TGLS

Quote:
Assuming they make a stand on each deck or that the mob on the upper deck is a distraction, if they surrendered, would not it be just a fraction of the enemy forces? Converting people takes time, and assigning guards to watch over the prisoners would reduce the muscle for the next deck.

@Gnomes/TGLS?
I mean my impression of things is the goal is to break their attack. If we can capture them, great. If they run or die, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. We'll catch any who run eventually and if they're dead then that's that.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 07:37 AM   #666
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Can the 3 mobs converge into a single group and stand against the Dread-Stormers on the same deck?
Yes they can.

Quote:
I am concerned about the enemy distribution, if they are going for the drive, they can easily damage deck 15.
Yes, its closer than I initially thought. You have people on duty keeping them out... for now. Better get moving.

Quote:
Each mob would only be part of the enemy forces... do realize there are hatches all up and down that area of the ship, so its not three separate mobs... its easier to switch between floors than to cross an entire mob area.

Old 03-02-2023, 12:45 PM   #667
Hide

I believe we have learned of the stuff they can do. They could carry a bomb and blow us away with a suicide attack, or even start a fire; have you checked for bombs TGLS?

This battle sounds like a decisive encounter, but I feel like there’s something left for wrapping. Has Daymar rolled tactics? I think he has the skill, and he also has luck, plus the bonuses already mentioned IC.

I'd like to see what Gnomes has to say.
Old 03-02-2023, 05:42 PM   #668
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
I believe we have learned of the stuff they can do. They could carry a bomb and blow us away with a suicide attack, or even start a fire; have you checked for bombs TGLS?

This battle sounds like a decisive encounter, but I feel like there’s something left for wrapping. Has Daymar rolled tactics? I think he has the skill, and he also has luck, plus the bonuses already mentioned IC.

I'd like to see what Gnomes has to say.
I rolled Tactics some time ago relating to figuring out the most direct route to the mob (http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...postcount=1715), but I can roll again.

[1260] 23-03-03 01:41:27 CET

Tactics

3d6 <= 13
2 + 4 + 1 = 7 ... success
Old 03-03-2023, 02:16 PM   #669
Hide

Thank you Gnomes.

Erick,

Without further say, Pacifica will provide support to the core (Daymar's unit). Applying Daymar's tactics, Pacifica will lead a mobile assault unit, taking advantage of the hatches and whatnot to move quicker about the ship and help with crowd and/or damage control.

She will require 16 equipped people with her, 4 squads of 4, each person specializing in a different method of tactics and/or insertion accordingly to the situations we've faced during the campaign. If that's too much, then 8 people can do.

We'll call it, "team steel".

Pacifica knows it sounds like "still", which resembles the word "Pacific".
Old 03-06-2023, 07:12 AM   #670
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I think we just need to know where Daymar will be positioning himself in the battle, and if he or an officer will be coordinating the attack.