Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-26-2024, 08:58 AM   #1551
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
That's very weird. Is this the result of an external effect?
Its the result of Halcyone's excellent acting!

Quote:
Bummer. May not be much point then, but I guess we will see. Nevermind on any Impulse Points use until the time for the roll happens and we will evaluate the situation.
ok.

Quote:
Correct. Detect requires a concentrate. The intent was that it was during the lead up. There's an extra 25 points unaccounted for from a redundant regeneration on the template since they have it from the immortality treatment, if we want to say we threw reflexive or reduced time on the detect (Plus the long ranged or even better, reliable.).
Making an IQ roll to see if V remembered to do that...success. I'm not sold on reliable, but reflexive is great. I think "See invisible (spirits)" will serve you best though.

Quote:
Vassarious will Feint -

Karate Feint (20)

3d6
3 + 1 + 1 = 5

Critical!
Success with a margin of 15
The success is quite high!
Quote:

(If this required more than a step, they can do a full move around the table, but will need an acrobatics check)
I will be requiring that acrobatics roll to get around the table.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:31 AM   #1552
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I wrestle the gun I'm wielding into submission!

And I continue to fire away at Yi.
The gun resists your efforts to point it where you want it with a roll of 7... success by 5. You succeed, but you have a -4 to shooting because the gun is still effectively grappled. I think that means your shots miss.

Quote:
Oh, first I should have done something about the table. I shove the table out of the way.

14... Maybe the table's out of the way?
The table "dodges", weaving back and forth and denying a solid push.

The two floating guns open fire on Halcyone. The animating spirits aren't familiar with guns, but point and hold down the trigger can still be pretty scary. What's the ROF on her guns? the shots have effective skill 8, so there is a threatened hit if ROF is 5 or higher.

The spear flies over the table towards Halcyone's chest. Potential hit, 7 imp damage. The axe swing wildly at V on its way over (missing). The ropes also rush towards him, trying to entangle him. One misses. The other critically succeeds and grapples him.

The two chairs are behind you, the one behind Halcyone attacks for 4 damage to the torso from behind! (danger sense allows a defense... though I think her armor renders it moot) The other one has to move and attack to hit V... 5 damage to the torso from behind... does V have a way to defend from such attacks?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 12:35 PM   #1553
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Its the result of Halcyone's excellent acting!
I don't know about surprised... but I'm certainly confused.

Quote:
Making an IQ roll to see if V remembered to do that...success. I'm not sold on reliable, but reflexive is great. I think "See invisible (spirits)" will serve you best though.
There was ample opportunity on the way over while still in long ranged mode. I'll update the template if you are giving me leave to do so.

Quote:
The success is quite high!
Hopefully I get to take advantage of it.
Quote:
The ropes also rush towards him, trying to entangle him. One misses. The other critically succeeds and grapples him.
Are these behaving like a dozen spirits are picking them up and attacking with the object, or that the object have become animated?

Grappled and Entangled are different effects... If he is entangled they need an additional turn and ST contest to immobilize, and if it's grappled it needs more than half his ST to do anything but count as encumbrance. If it's a spirit doing an armed Grapple they would take more than a move and attack to tie someone up I would think.
Quote:
The two chairs are behind you, the one behind Halcyone attacks for 4 damage to the torso from behind! (danger sense allows a defense... though I think her armor renders it moot) The other one has to move and attack to hit V... 5 damage to the torso from behind... does V have a way to defend from such attacks?
Danger Sense and there's a technique for that, so Vassarious should be all set to defend without penalty unless he does not get a defense at all. Note that Vassarious has Blind Fighting, so if they never saw the attack coming they need to make a roll. I'll make a blind fighting just in case:
Code:
Blind Fighting

3d6 <= 17
4 + 6 + 2 = 12 ... success
Dodge
Code:
3d6 <= 10

4 + 3 + 2 = 9 ... success
(If it is possible to not leave their back to something animate, they don't... it's tough to track advanced combat with no map, but it's just smart.

What was the armor loadout here? Did we keep the stuff from before or is it his homeworld loadout or tac suit? 5 damage isn't going to bother them with the template DR 5 anyway, but I think they have 6 more from the advanced vest.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 03-26-2024 at 10:49 PM.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 04:55 PM   #1554
TGLS

Quote:
The gun resists your efforts to point it where you want it with a roll of 7... success by 5. You succeed, but you have a -4 to shooting because the gun is still effectively grappled. I think that means your shots miss.

The table "dodges", weaving back and forth and denying a solid push.
Quote:
The two floating guns open fire on Halcyone. The animating spirits aren't familiar with guns, but point and hold down the trigger can still be pretty scary. What's the ROF on her guns? the shots have effective skill 8, so there is a threatened hit if ROF is 5 or higher.
I thought they were just being unloaded. ROF of a Gauss Rifle is 12, so that's a success by 1.
Quote:
[793] 24-03-26 22:43:14 GMT
Dodge (Gunfire)
3d6 <= 9
6 + 2 + 5 = 13 ... failure

[794] 24-03-26 22:44:03 GMT
Damage
6d6 +2
2 + 3 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 17
I have destiny points, don't I? I'll use one on that dodge roll. Forgot about those. That would have been pretty bad, 14 damage after DR.

Quote:
The spear flies over the table towards Halcyone's chest. Potential hit, 7 imp damage.
Quote:
[795] 24-03-26 22:45:57 GMT
Parry (Spear)
3d6 <= 11
4 + 3 + 4 = 11 ... success
I judo throw the spear at Yi/The Table!
Quote:
[796] 24-03-26 22:51:25 GMT
Judo Throw
3d6 <= 16
1 + 2 + 3 = 6 ... success

Quote:
The two chairs are behind you, the one behind Halcyone attacks for 4 damage to the torso from behind! (danger sense allows a defense... though I think her armor renders it moot)?
Unfortunately, that'd be 2 damage after armour
Quote:
[797] 24-03-26 22:52:32 GMT
Parry (Chair)
3d6 <= 11
1 + 6 + 1 = 8 ... success
I judo throw the chair at a wall!
Quote:
[798] 24-03-26 22:53:18 GMT
Judo Throw
3d6 <= 16
3 + 5 + 3 = 11 ... success
I continue to blaze away.
Quote:
[799] 24-03-26 22:54:15 GMT
Guns (Rifle) (-4 from grappling)
3d6 <= 12
1 + 3 + 5 = 9 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM   #1555
the_matrix_walker

With a little mental prayer of apology to the unfortunate host, Vassarious swings out a double stroke of his longe blades. He is targeting the spirit of yi, which I assume is within the body.

Code:
DWA - Karate - Natural Attack - Skill 16, Grappled, - 4 = Skill 12 (x2)
3d6 <= 12
1: 2 + 6 + 2 = 10 ... success
2: 3 + 4 + 3 = 10 ... success
sum: 20, average: 10.00, success: 2/2 100%
Code:
Damage: Thrust (3d+2)+12=7d cut
7d6
1: 3 + 6 + 5 + 4 + 5 + 5 + 1 = 29
2: 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 5 + 2 + 6 = 24
Defenses are at -1 for DWA in addition to the margin of the feint.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; Yesterday at 11:43 AM.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote