Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-24-2016, 05:42 PM   #41
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: Character concepts you'll never use

So a cute friendly Dalek? ;)

In original series, they were slug like creatures that could move around outside their suits but only did so to escape.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:39 PM   #42
starslayer

I actually just came up with a concept that I don't know if I will ever turn into a PC:

Leech attack (ranged, persistent)+Summonable Ally group (ally has parasitic possession)

PC: Unhealing (only heal through leech), draining (reduced time, reduced from leech)

Idea being the PC is some sort of plague, spreading nanomorph, or other 'spreading horror'. Wherever it goes it HAS to create thralls in order to keep itself alive, and the thralls can happily perform tasks, at least until they drop dead from being drained
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:25 AM   #43
aesir23

I always have to GM, so pretty much any concept I have is one I'll never use, unless it would make a good NPC.

There're a few I'd really like to play.

1. For ISWAT: A version of Bruce Lee (Jun Fan Lee) from an Axis victorious timeline, who grew up in a rough and dangerous Chinese ethnic ghetto in Japan-controlled Hong Kong and used his exceptional physical gifts and charisma to fight in the underground resistance.

2. For an early-20th century Pulp Campaign: An eastern European circus strongman with the Delusions "I have a positive reputation and people want my advice" and "Beer and ale are excellent sources of of nutrition." He'll tell anyone who'll listen, "I am writing a book about how to have a body like like mine, let me tell you all about it."

3. For a super's campaign: A nerdy teenage genius with Awesomeness by Analysis* powers (mostly built with Luck, Chi Skills, and Imbuements) and a robot girlfriend/side kick.

*Warning, TvTropes.com link. Risk of losing the rest of your day.

Last edited by aesir23; 11-25-2016 at 05:36 AM.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 06:53 PM   #44
AllySanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
*Warning, TvTropes.com link. Risk of losing the rest of your day.
Thank you for the warning. I have lost more than 1 day at TvTropes.com! :p lol
AllySanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:34 PM   #45
Calvin

I've always wanted to play a really awesome mage. Using standard GURPS Magic, he'd have high Magery and a high IQ. He'd look like a stereotypical Arch-mage, know all the magey things like Thaumatology, Occultism, and probably have high Magical Rank.

But know no spells.
Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:17 PM   #46
Litvyak

An actress who starred in a "one season wonder" X-Files rip off TV series who now investigates the supernatural for real. The show still has a cult following among a small but dedicated fan base that she can draw on at times for help.

Tags
characters