Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-16-2021, 07:56 PM   #1
Steven Marsh

Default Now Available On Demand: GURPS Conan: Moon of Blood

The world has not heard the last of the mighty Conan!

Gone for far too long, GURPS Conan: Moon of Blood is back once more in print after decades of darkness – thanks to the world-renowned On Demand program!

The Picts – now led by the shaman Zogar Sag – are on the attack again, and only Conan can stop them. (Well, Conan or a hero of your own devising . . .)

This solo adventure is a sequel to GURPS Conan Beyond Thunder River; the hero from that adventure can continue on here, but it's not necessary.

And with the release of this volume, all five GURPS Conan supplements for GURPS Basic Set Third Edition are available once again in print:The world of Conan can be yours, in print, as you like it . . . on demand!
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:45 PM   #2
Farmer

Default Re: Now Available On Demand: GURPS Conan: Moon of Blood

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of those who didn't get a copy!
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 12:37 PM   #3
acmegamer

That's awesome, thanks Steve and whoever else was responsible for getting on print on demand!
acmegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:20 AM   #4
Emerikol

Based on how quickly Conan supplements are rolling out, I have to think they are selling well. This is a good thing. I'm happy. I don't have a specific interest in playing Conan but I imagine they'd still be great reads. These might go on my "long" term wishlist. I'm sure there are things I can steal.
Emerikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 07:16 AM   #5
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
I don't have a specific interest in playing Conan but I imagine they'd still be great reads. These might go on my "long" term wishlist. I'm sure there are things I can steal.
The most generically useful in my analysis is probably Wyrmslayer as a "group in semi-arctic terrain meets a big monster". If not that it's Queen of the Black Coast for "group goes on a long journey through dangerous areas to find a big treasure".

The other two are rather rooted in a particular set of geopolitics/mythic history and perhaps not so generic. They're also a little light on rewards for a group and migt nto look like much beyond a predetermined set of random encounters. Wyrmslayer doesn't have physical rewards beyond survival either but at least you get to kill a big monster so it has a climax.

This is of course assuming that you're adapting things to replace Conan with a whole group of PCs.
Old 09-23-2021, 10:29 AM   #6
Rolando

Thunder River and Moon of Blood are good and adaptable for players/GM's wanting border conflicts with savages. It may be romans vs picts, artur knights vs picts, megalans vs nomads (Banestorm), vikings vs wendolfs, frontier kingdom vs savage orcs...

They are good frontier war adventures.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote