Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2016, 10:28 AM   #1
Coin Flip 42

Default Munchkin Wishes

I just started a new basic Munchkin set starting with the Deluxe Kovalic Edition and expansions 2-5 (I wanted all color art as my original set is 15 years old now).
I had many unopened boosters (in foil and blister pack), and there was one thing I noticed - plenty of curses and NO WISHING RINGS. :-(
I know there are several Promo wishing ring cards, but I believe most of them are not basic Munchkin brown.

In light of the news that you are planing to publish a Curses expansion, are there going to be extra Wishing Rings in it? If not, how's about a booster set with basic Munchkin brown backs on it, with Wishing Rings, and maybe a door backed Wishing Ring in the spirit of Clerical Errors?
Perhaps include an item like The Tinfoil Hat? Or a delay a curse item (gives you d6 turns to find a wishing ring or other curse canceler before it goes into effect - kind of like Cinderella being put into suspended animation instead of the poison apple killing her outright), or a buy your way out of a curse item by discarding items worth at least 500gp in value.

I know that the original curses to wishing ring ratio is small, but in light of the number of curses that are now in existence, it feels like the flavor of the basic Munchkin set is trending towards a European movie ending - not everything works out in the end - and away from a Disney/Hollywood movie ending - most things resolve fairly well.
Coin Flip 42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
curses, expansions, wishing ring