Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #31
The Benj

Default Re: What would I need to run Fallout with GURPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissamies View Post
Yeah, me neither. The best explanation I've ever heard is that it started to creep in to other books as well, like GURPS Robots.
Which, again, one can opt not to use.
It would have been nice if there had been simpler systems outlined too, but those books are already pretty dense as it is (Vehicles especially).
The Benj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:59 AM   #32
Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
"No. I don't like hamburgers because you can put onions on them."
Ah, but were one to have a very bad experience with onions on a hamburger the innocent hamburger may be long maligned, be it the fault of the rest of the concoction or no. Perhaps one would always imagine the onions...lurking within...hidden daggers of taste destruction waiting to strike.

Only time (and new editions?) can heal such wounds...
Old 11-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #33
Dwarf99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymdok View Post
URL]https://sites.google.com/site/tectuctitlaysgurpscoversions/Home/gurps-fallout[/URL]

THis is generally focused on the first 2 games, but may be applicable to the the Latest one.

Nymdok
War. War never changes......
While I couldn't get to that site, it's noteworthy that he has a second edition document that includes all the original stuff. Maybe some added details and story stuff from 3 but I don't know.
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:00 AM   #34
PDV

Can anybody share Tectuctitlay's GURPS docs?
Old 08-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #35
Khannis

I humbly second this request, sorry for the pseudo-necro or something, but I felt strange creating another thread just for this. I have my own Fallout conversions, and I would very much like to compare mine to Tectuctitlay's work.
Khannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:56 PM   #36
Dwarf99

A google search for "GURPS Falout" (yes, I'm aware of the misspelling) will take you to a Direct Link to an unofficial (read: not for the company, and not for financial gain) supplement of this nature.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:35 AM   #37
Snaps

I've run Fallout in GURPS twice, both times as a setting that some I-SWAT went to during a mission. I'd say you'd want Characters and Ultra-Tech, but you could probably get by with just Characters (I think that's all I had the first time I ran it.)

The best advice I can give is: Just try to run the GURPS Version of Fallout, don't try to convert Fallout into GURPS.

What I mean by this is forget all of the specific tech they had in Fallout. Instead determine what tech level Earth was before the War, and who has what Tech Levels now. Then equip them with what you think might be available.

Don't try to convert Brotherhood of Steel power armor into GURPS, just rule that they are all equipped with TL10 Heavy Battlesuits, TL10 Railguns, Lasers, Gauss weapons, etc.

For things like Super Mutants, look at the stat of someone in a Heavy Battlesuit, then give them a little more armor and ST.
Snaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:33 AM   #38
Gigermann

We're using GURPS Fallout Compilation for our Fallout campaign; works perfectly well, and is pretty comprehensive.
Gigermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:12 AM   #39
Dwarf99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
We're using GURPS Fallout Compilation for our Fallout campaign; works perfectly well, and is pretty comprehensive.
The Compilation is what shows up on the first hit of the search I mentioned earlier. And it isn't on scribd. YAY!
Old 08-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #40
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Getting Ron Perlman to come over to your house to introduce your campaign may be prohibitively expensive.
EDIT:
Looks like a minimum of $50,000. I wonder what he'd charge just to read your intro script over the phone. :)
...I now honestly want to know how much it would cost for him to read a short blurb, and what celebrities have considered such a service. You'd need enough demand I think so that it was a matter of booking the recording studio (or having a good enough set-up in your home if quality isn't that picky), but I could totally see paying $100 for a a short (1 minute or less), custom introduction for a campaign to really set the mood and enable appropriate immersion. If the talent doing the reading was good enough to get the job done in 10 minutes or less, it might actually generate enough additional revenue to book enough requests to make a day of it... maybe? Especially for lesser known/in demand celebrities or currently rising celebrities.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
after the end, fallout, newbie, resources, skills