Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-15-2014, 02:45 PM   #41
Dwarf99

Default Re: What would I need to run Fallout with GURPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
I could totally see paying $100 for a a short (1 minute or less), custom introduction for a campaign to really set the mood and enable appropriate immersion.
Plus round trip airfare if applicable. I'd totally join a VTM or VTR game GM'd by Alexander Skarsgaard (sp.? He's Eric Northman from True Blood).
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #42
Otaku

Default Re: What would I need to run Fallout with GURPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf99 View Post
Plus round trip airfare if applicable. I'd totally join a VTM or VTR game GM'd by Alexander Skarsgaard (sp.? He's Eric Northman from True Blood).
Well, if you want a personal appearance, it'd probably bump even a Youtube celebrity into travel expenses plus a few hundred U.S. dollars (just being clear about what currency I am referencing). Security concerns probably would torpedo even that. If it was part of a convention then maybe it would still work. I was just shooting for a personalized recording of (in the case of a GURPS campaign) the introduction. Hmm... birthday greetings and the like would be kind of awesome as well. Maybe see if they can mail out a signed autograph or the like.

Seriously, are any celebrities at the right mix of popularity, easy going nature, and desire/need of income to do this right? It reminded me of Celebrity GPS, which if I traveled regularly would totally be on my short list of indulgent expenditures. Not even entirely indulgent; the right celeb might make traveling less stressful/more exciting (in the good way)... but yeah so a service to get short, recorded messages from celebs would be pretty awesome. I suppose there is a concern some fans might be too particular about it. You know, the GM that because he pays $100 (of which the recording studio and celeb each get $50 for five minutes) thinks he deserves perfection when $10 per minute is probably way less than their usual rates.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
after the end, fallout, newbie, resources, skills