Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-15-2021, 03:26 PM   #901
Hide

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
(...)Behind one painted canvas is a small tunnel leading to a shallow alcove with shackles, probably a prisoner's cell.
Did we see other stuff in said cell? (doors, furniture, etc.) Or was it just the shackles?
Old 11-15-2021, 10:10 PM   #902
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Did we see other stuff in said cell? (doors, furniture, etc.) Or was it just the shackles?
Just shackles, unless you wanna search for secret doors (there or in the bedroom).
Old 11-16-2021, 12:01 PM   #903
Hide

Bain takes a quick look at the newfound tunnel.

Interesting, cells within cells, interlink through one stem.
Sounds familiar.

Observing the shackles, I think this tunnel was made to escape, I surmise someone clever was here.

Anyway, since the room is on fire, I think we must take the loot to the wagon and free the cart so we can carry more loot. The fire should calm down in the meantime, otherwise we could put the fire out after we are done with the loot.
Old 11-16-2021, 12:30 PM   #904
vicious Violence

Quote:
Just shackles, unless you wanna search for secret doors (there or in the bedroom).
I agree with the loot moving. When it is safe. If needed Vic puts out the fire (survival 8/15). He searches the room first for secret doors (scrounging 8/15), then the cell (scrounging 11/15). He also observes what happens to the smoke (naturalist 7/14).

The two “prisoners” are now “bodies”.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:31 AM   #905
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
I agree with the loot moving. When it is safe. If needed Vic puts out the fire (survival 8/15). He searches the room first for secret doors (scrounging 8/15), then the cell (scrounging 11/15). He also observes what happens to the smoke (naturalist 7/14).
(OC: Exactly HOW will you put out the fire? Also, Search skill is used for looking for secret doors, not Scrounging.)

Last edited by ajardoor; 11-17-2021 at 01:00 AM.
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 09:03 AM   #906
vicious Violence

Quote:
(OC: Exactly HOW will you put out the fire? Also, Search skill is used for looking for secret doors, not Scrounging.)
Vic puts out the fire with his concentrated JOY for the PURE AND CLEAN.

(He uses dirt with his shovel).

If he can't find anything, that's ok, we tried.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:29 AM   #907
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Bain takes a quick look at the newfound tunnel.

Interesting, cells within cells, interlink through one stem.
Sounds familiar.

Observing the shackles, I think this tunnel was made to escape, I surmise someone clever was here.

Anyway, since the room is on fire, I think we must take the loot to the wagon and free the cart so we can carry more loot. The fire should calm down in the meantime, otherwise we could put the fire out after we are done with the loot.
Fire is the thread of a subtle pain, tugged at by the playful death. Our weapons are a synthesis of sun and star.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:38 AM   #908
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Fire is the thread of a subtle pain, tugged at by the playful death. Our weapons are a synthesis of sun and star.
And yet such weapons make the world darker than black, scorching life, but freezing it.

Bain makes watch* as the party does their thing.

*Camouflage (17) 8, Stealth (14) 11, Observation 13+1 (12). He also checks for traps (13) 10.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:13 PM   #909
ajardoor

Via puts out the fire with the dirt. Luckily, the fire did not get a chance to burn out of control before he attempted it.

With that out of the way, Vic inspects the bedroom and cell for any signs of hidden passageways...

Looking at the floor of the chamber with the shackles, Vic notices one patch of ground that reminds him of that one trapdoor in the guard post...

He also spots a slightly off-colour stone in the middle of a wall in the bedroom. Touching it confirms that it is a disguised button of some sorts. Should he press it?

(OC: BTW, in the future, Traps and Observation (Per if you've got nothing else) are the better skills for secret doors. Vic is lucky that the penalties were not too bad...)
Old 11-18-2021, 10:02 AM   #910
vicious Violence

Quote:
Via puts out the fire with the dirt. Luckily, the fire did not get a chance to burn out of control before he attempted it.

With that out of the way, Vic inspects the bedroom and cell for any signs of hidden passageways...

Looking at the floor of the chamber with the shackles, Vic notices one patch of ground that reminds him of that one trapdoor in the guard post...

He also spots a slightly off-colour stone in the middle of a wall in the bedroom. Touching it confirms that it is a disguised button of some sorts. Should he press it?

(OC: BTW, in the future, Traps and Observation (Per if you've got nothing else) are the better skills for secret doors. Vic is lucky that the penalties were not too bad...)
Vic’s eyes widen with anticipation. He sees something he had not seen before. Telrith helping to search! Also he finds a possible trapdoor and switch. He asks Bain to check the switch for hidden deathly traps. If it is deemed safe,

Telrith, one of our stone friends could press the button, hardy as they are.

If one of the elementals presses the button, it would be better to stand back.
Vic would like to use his character point to purchase INTIMIDATION (skill level 9)

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic