Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-06-2021, 07:23 AM   #1
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Call for Playtesters: GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves

We are seeking playtesters for GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves, by Alden Loveshade. This short (~21 pages) supplement builds on the four pages on elves in GURPS Fantasy Folk for Third Edition, updating that material to Fourth Edition and greatly expanding on it. It covers all kinds of elves and almost everything to do with elves: cultures, languages, weapons, . . . you name it.

We are primarily seeking applicants familiar with the elves already found in GURPS, whether the ones from the original GURPS Fantasy Folk or those from such Fourth Edition supplements as GURPS Banestorm, GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 3: The Next Level, and GURPS Fantasy. That isn't a complete list! Knowledge of GURPS Template Toolkit 2: Races and the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy series in general would be a bonus. As always, though, fresh eyes may be useful – feel free to apply if you think you have something to contribute.

The playtest is currently scheduled to run for three weeks, from May 20, 2021 to June 10, 2021. Please submit your application ASAP.

Preferential playtest slots will be given to those who have spent at least $50 on PDFs from Warehouse 23 in the past calendar year, though this is not a requirement. For more, see the general playtest information page.

Prospective playtesters should email Roger Burton West at pt-ff-elves@firedrake.org with [playtest] in the subject. Include your preferred email address for the closed playtest mailing list, your name as you wish it to appear in the published supplement, your Warehouse 23 login name, and a few words on why we should pick you: qualifications, experience, current gaming group(s), etc. Please use this format:

Code:
jennydoe@elfmail.com
Jennifer Doe
jendoegamer

I've been playing GURPS since 1999 and I've been a GM for most of that time. I'm currently running a fantasy campaign with four kinds of elves. I have playtest credit on six previous supplements, including GURPS Fantasy, and I'm familiar with the original GURPS Fantasy Folk. I'm also a huge fan of elves, and cosplay as an elf at conventions!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:21 PM   #2
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves

I am very much looking forward to the playtest! I've done several as a playtester; this will be my first as the author.

As a GM, I've long believed that GURPS adventures, like roleplaying games in general, are not the creation of one person, but of a team. Even though I'm listed as author, that goes for this book too!
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 12:39 AM   #3
Blind Mapmaker

This looks really neat. Wish I had more time for things like these, nowadays. I'll be sure to buy the finished product, though.
Old 10-02-2021, 04:09 PM   #4
Alden Loveshade

I've been a playtester several times. But honestly, i didn't actually realize how much help a playtest is to an author until i was the author! A number of things were improved due to their help. So thanks, people!

http://www.warehouse23.com/products/SJG37-1751
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote