Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-20-2021, 07:03 PM   #481
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) the most likely layout is visible plastic racks the guns rest on at an 75 degree incline to vertical (...)
And so Pacifica explains what our GM has stated to her fellow Dread Stormers.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:24 PM   #482
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I figure an hour is a good estimate for how long it will take to raid both armories. This has been, what, X minutes since I left Thibi to do an odd job and then this meeting? The odd job took Y minutes, I don't think I can just leave for an eighth of my shift and expect to get away with it.

I'd be less hesitant if we could work in parallel (even it was you pick locks and I short the guns). But as it stands it seems like risking a second Dreadstormer for no reason.
Day volunteers, "Do you want me to run interference while the job is going on? I can 'suggest' that people look the other way or forgot about what they've seen. What do you think?"
Old 02-22-2021, 09:23 PM   #483
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Day volunteers, "Do you want me to run interference while the job is going on? I can 'suggest' that people look the other way or forgot about what they've seen. What do you think?"
There's only so much interference that can really be run before someone notices a ton of work isn't being done.

If the racks are so visible, it might be impractical to make it appear a gun is there while missing; maybe leave one armory unaffected and steal and wreck the guns shortly before we're ready to fight.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:18 AM   #484
Hide

So, we have about week for the re-supply to take place; do we need anything else?

Erick, before the meeting is dismissed, which person brought the news of this operation, what name and section? Who’s the officer/supervisor in their section?

Also, do I have access to this operation's requisitions orders via terminal?
Old 02-23-2021, 03:09 PM   #485
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Erick, before the meeting is dismissed, which person brought the news of this operation, what name and section? Who’s the officer/supervisor in their section?

Also, do I have access to this operation's requisitions orders via terminal?
You found out through a chatterbox named Chorthavor in navigation. His superiors are your superiors. He is not the original leak, he's the diligent guy who finds out the leak and then whispers rumors about it around when he's supposed to be working.

Officially? you don't know the operation is happening, so no, you have no access.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:04 PM   #486
Hide

Quote:
You found out through a chatterbox named Chorthavor in navigation. His superiors are your superiors (...)
Pacifica gives this information to Hua and Daymar, hoping this can be of help when dealing with such an important rumor.

Quote:
Officially? (...)
I was thinking of having Pacifica use the computer with another account to check if there are more details about the resupply, looking in stuff like emails or messages sent to the "hidden base", emails between officers or instructions sent to the ship’s crew that signal “preparations for special jump”. Hope I explained myself.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:23 PM   #487
TGLS

So any ideas with regard to hiding missing guns on the rack or a preference to leaving one armory unsabotaged for a quick raid before we make a move (or perhaps until we can come up with a plan to hide the theft?)
Old 02-24-2021, 11:34 AM   #488
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So any ideas with regard to hiding missing guns on the rack or (...)
Maybe you can take one part from one gun and one part from another, until you have a gun made from several gun's parts... and a lot of incomplete guns.

This is sort of a moon-shot, but… what do you think if you break the guns of armoury A, and steal about 10 guns from armoury B?

You could make a hole somewhere in the ship and hide the guns there.
For this, maybe there’s a blowtorch in Daymar’s section.

You could “give” the guns to brainwashed guys (e.g. you summon them to “x” place), and have them organize and attack, perhaps to take the morale or the officer’s section. After this you brainwash the remaining people in these sections, have the ship’s crew think the problem is solved, and proceed to seize the vital resources.

By the way Erick, do we have security cameras on this ship?
Old 02-24-2021, 01:13 PM   #489
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I was thinking of having Pacifica use the computer with another account to check if there are more details about the resupply, looking in stuff like emails or messages sent to the "hidden base", emails between officers or instructions sent to the ship’s crew that signal “preparations for special jump”. Hope I explained myself.
That sounds like a great thing to do after this meeting.

Quote:
By the way Erick, do we have security cameras on this ship?
Yes, but not many. They are mostly just at very short distances, to see into the next room over. The designers of this policy thought that security cameras are much easier for dreadstormers to co-opt than standing guards.

Hua checked while casing the armory, and there are none there.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:19 PM   #490
TGLS

Quote:
Maybe you can take one part from one gun and one part from another, until you have a gun made from several gun's parts... and a lot of incomplete guns.
That'd probably be a pretty big job and it'd probably need a lot of tools. And well, a gun with a missing barrel is going to be fairly obvious, as would one with a missing stock. Would it even fit onto the rack?

Quote:
You could “give” the guns to brainwashed guys (e.g. you summon them to “x” place), and have them organize and attack, perhaps to take the morale or the officer’s section. After this you brainwash the remaining people in these sections, have the ship’s crew think the problem is solved, and proceed to seize the vital resources.
I suppose we could do something like that, but I think we could just strike lockers A-E and leave F until we had the people brainwashed. I'd prefer to take full control if we did something like that, though.