Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-17-2022, 10:42 AM   #1281
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How many shots, and please roll damage.
I shall fire twice
Quote:
[866] 22-03-17 17:41:04 CETDamage (2 shots)
3d6
1: 6 + 2 + 2 = 10
2: 6 + 4 + 4 = 14
sum: 24, average: 12.00
Quote:
Also, does Lieutenant Vibibu or the security left behind know that you are assaulting the "control center" at the fore of the ship?
Well the security left behind could be informed easily enough. If I could have contacted Vibibu without having to send a runner, then I would.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 07:54 AM   #1282
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I shall fire twice
The laser lances out and catches Kutu in the chest, and he goes down.

Hua has the attention of the others, but they don't know where she is. He orders them down on the ground. (Rolled intimidation for her... her default is 11, based off acting, so its success by 4). They all hit the floor, except one, who drops to a crouch behind a console, about two yards from the comm, and five yards away from Hua.

Quote:
Well the security left behind could be informed easily enough. If I could have contacted Vibibu without having to send a runner, then I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar asks, "Are portions of your crew imprisoned or held under guard? I'd like to bring the prisoners over to our side."
Vibibu: "They've captured 11 members of my section so far, and have them in the blocks over there."

He points to two hydrogen cell blocks.

Vibibu: "The main bulk of the forces that took life support have moved to take the forward navigational post. I believe the other dreadstormer is with them."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 08:13 AM   #1283
TGLS

Quote:
They all hit the floor, except one, who drops to a crouch behind a console, about two yards from the comm, and five yards away from Hua.
Are consoles thick and bulky or would this be like shooting through a flat screen?
Old 03-18-2022, 10:41 AM   #1284
GnomesofZurich

Quote:

Vibibu: "They've captured 11 members of my section so far, and have them in the blocks over there."

He points to two hydrogen cell blocks.

Vibibu: "The main bulk of the forces that took life support have moved to take the forward navigational post. I believe the other dreadstormer is with them."
"All right, let's go." Daymar leads the security with him over to the hydrogen cell blocks. Are there guards watching the captured members of the section?
Old 03-21-2022, 10:22 AM   #1285
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"On who's authority?". The Navigation officer is standing immediately next to a comm.
Quote:
Of the burst of three shots, two of them hit. The second hit does 9 damage. The [Navigation] officer crumples under fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post

Since Pacifica is not issuing commands in front of the others, I think Thorpojor should order the apprehension of the crew following what Pacifica stated before: "try not to shed much blood" (in my words).

Depending on Thorpojor’s decision, Pacifica will either take cover and start shooting the rest of the crew or supervise the apprehensions.
Thorpojor shouts: "in the Name of the Fifth Republic!" and fires his weapon at the Gunnery officer, lancing him in the chest and dropping him to the ground (GM note: still alive but unconsious). "Anyone else!" He turns to survey the room.

There are a few more shots in the room, but the people in the room are seemingly cowed by the willingness of their attackers to shoot.

Pacifica is helping detain the prisoners when she notices one prisoner technically down on the ground but in reality crouching to ambush a member of security.

Quote:
Are consoles thick and bulky or would this be like shooting through a flat screen?
They're more behind the desk than the screen itself... so a little beyond a flatscreen. Lets say they have cover DR 5. This is the sort of thing they teach you in dreadstormer training.

Quote:
"All right, let's go." Daymar leads the security with him over to the hydrogen cell blocks. Are there guards watching the captured members of the section?
More like they're in the same compartment, but are mostly focusing on capturing new ones that come in. Two blocks have been filled so far, with five in each.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-21-2022, 10:47 AM   #1286
TGLS

Quote:
They're more behind the desk than the screen itself... so a little beyond a flatscreen. Lets say they have cover DR 5. This is the sort of thing they teach you in dreadstormer training.
Eh... I'll leap over it and try to blast him twice.
Quote:
[877] 22-03-21 17:43:48 CET
Acrobatics
3d6 <= 14
1 + 2 + 6 = 9 ... success
[878] 22-03-21 17:44:39 CET
Beam Weapons (Pistol) at -2 for move and attack
3d6 <= 13
3 + 1 + 3 = 7 ... success
[879] 22-03-21 17:45:10 CET
Damage
3d6
1: 1 + 5 + 2 = 8
2: 2 + 6 + 4 = 12
Well that's the end of Crewman Bert I suppose. After that I'll call out: "Anyone else going to go for the comms?"
Old 03-21-2022, 03:51 PM   #1287
GnomesofZurich

Quote:

More like they're in the same compartment, but are mostly focusing on capturing new ones that come in. Two blocks have been filled so far, with five in each.
Daymar is going to go up to the blocks, and say, "Okay, I'm going to check you out for injuries.", and to the other security, quietly, "Keep an eye on them while I go in."

He will genuinely take a look at them for injuries, (Per-based First Aid), but is also going to use mental surgery on each prisoner while he checks them over.

[880] 22-03-21 22:50:23 CET

First Aid (Per-based)

3d6 <= 14
1: 5 + 3 + 5 = 13 ... success
2: 6 + 1 + 6 = 13 ... success
3: 2 + 3 + 3 = 8 ... success
4: 3 + 3 + 3 = 9 ... success
5: 1 + 1 + 3 = 5 ... success

[881] 22-03-21 22:51:25 CET

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism, La Quinta Republica), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 3 + 4 + 6 = 13 ... success
2: 5 + 3 + 3 = 11 ... success
3: 3 + 5 + 5 = 13 ... success
4: 4 + 4 + 3 = 11 ... success
5: 3 + 5 + 2 = 10 ... success
Old 03-21-2022, 04:04 PM   #1288
Hide

Quote:
Pacifica is helping detain the prisoners when she notices one prisoner technically down on the ground but in reality crouching to ambush a member of security.
Pacifica shoots the man, as many shots as possible:

Shooting the ambusher:
3d6 <= 14
3 + 2 + 1 = 6 ... success.

Damage:
3d6
3 + 3 + 3 = 9
Old 03-22-2022, 07:44 AM   #1289
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Eh... I'll leap over it and try to blast him twice.

Well that's the end of Crewman Bert I suppose. After that I'll call out: "Anyone else going to go for the comms?"
"Crewman Bert" goes down, not expecting the acrobatics and close range fire.

The others look at each other, hands way in the air, and one of them says "No Sir!"

Quote:
Daymar is going to go up to the blocks, and say, "Okay, I'm going to check you out for injuries.", and to the other security, quietly, "Keep an eye on them while I go in."

He will genuinely take a look at them for injuries, (Per-based First Aid), but is also going to use mental surgery on each prisoner while he checks them over.
He thinks the process worked. The men are in fine health: they all surrendered before anything serious happened. This is of course, merely one block...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica shoots the man, as many shots as possible:

Shooting the ambusher:
3d6 <= 14
3 + 2 + 1 = 6 ... success.

Damage:
3d6
3 + 3 + 3 = 9
All three shots hit their target, and he keels over.

The remaining captured crew are herded into nearby fuel blocks and locked in.

Porjathor is looking nervously at the comm where the officers were shot. One security is manning it. He approaches Pacifica: "The captain just reached out to us to check on our status. I had Zotizi here report everything normal, but I'm worried that the captain is checking in at all."

Old 03-22-2022, 10:30 AM   #1290
GnomesofZurich

Quote:

He thinks the process worked. The men are in fine health: they all surrendered before anything serious happened. This is of course, merely one block...
He will repeat the process in the second block.

[890] 22-03-22 17:29:42 CET

First Aid (Per-based)

3d6 <= 14
1: 5 + 2 + 3 = 10 ... success
2: 4 + 1 + 2 = 7 ... success
3: 4 + 5 + 2 = 11 ... success
4: 1 + 5 + 6 = 12 ... success
5: 5 + 2 + 3 = 10 ... success

[891] 22-03-22 17:30:32 CET

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism, La Quinta Republica), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 5 + 2 + 5 = 12 ... success