Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-11-2020, 04:14 AM   #111
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I rolled the sneaking off.... daymar:13, pothi:9.

Pothi proves difficult to shake. After Daymar thinks he's left, he hears the clang of a bulkhead door behind him. Pothi says "Hey! whats the big idea! We're not done!"
Day retorts, "I know, I ran out of [plausible to semi-plausible expendable], so I'm going to get some more!"

[54] 20-09-11 12:11:58 CEST

Fast-Talk

3d6 <= 14
6 + 6 + 1 = 13 ... success (but not by much...)

He'll back it up with a Suggestion that Pothi go back to work and not be suspicious of where Day is going.

[55] 20-09-11 12:13:49 CEST

Suggestion 5

3d6 <= 16
4 + 1 + 4 = 9 ... success
Old 09-11-2020, 05:32 AM   #112
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Pothi's face slowly relaxes. "That makes sense. Don't take too long."

Daymar is only in the compartment for a minute or so before Hua shows up. The two of them have been briefed on each other, and have bumped to each other occasionally in training exercises, so they recognize each other's faces.

You'll need to give each other your bunking information, shift information, and arrange more convenient meeting places and times. And perhaps ask for help on their current objectives.

Hua works the shift before Daymar.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:56 AM   #113
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Either of you can describe your reaction to meeting up with the other.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-12-2020, 07:43 AM   #114
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Pothi's face slowly relaxes. "That makes sense. Don't take too long."

Daymar is only in the compartment for a minute or so before Hua shows up. The two of them have been briefed on each other, and have bumped to each other occasionally in training exercises, so they recognize each other's faces.

You'll need to give each other your bunking information, shift information, and arrange more convenient meeting places and times. And perhaps ask for help on their current objectives.

Hua works the shift before Daymar.
Day looks around to make sure they're unobserved, and then asks Hua, "How are things?" Continuing, he tells him, "I've been off the suppressants for more than a day and a half. I don't think I've aroused any suspicion yet."
Old 09-12-2020, 05:27 PM   #115
TGLS

"My buddy thinks three inches is a good amount of personal space and insists on following all 27 rules of H2 Brick handling every single time. I think I'm doing fairly well all things considered. You?"

"I'm bunking down on Floor 2, and I work the last shift. Sorry if you came by for the previous meeting. Botha keeps me on a tight leash; maybe during the sleeping period at 19:00 could be a better time?"

"I'm focusing on getting rid of the flour with a fire before recovering powers. They have sprinklers in the food storage areas, best idea I have is stopping them from sprinkling. Do you have a better idea? I'll need an electrical kit to rig an H2 Brick to burn. Could you get a hold of one?"
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:26 PM   #116
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"My buddy thinks three inches is a good amount of personal space and insists on following all 27 rules of H2 Brick handling every single time. I think I'm doing fairly well all things considered. You?"

"I'm bunking down on Floor 2, and I work the last shift. Sorry if you came by for the previous meeting. Botha keeps me on a tight leash; maybe during the sleeping period at 19:00 could be a better time?"

"I'm focusing on getting rid of the flour with a fire before recovering powers. They have sprinklers in the food storage areas, best idea I have is stopping them from sprinkling. Do you have a better idea? I'll need an electrical kit to rig an H2 Brick to burn. Could you get a hold of one?"
"I lucked out, my buddy is pretty relaxed. I'm on Floor 16, and on shift now, so I can't stay long. Wrecking the flour is as good an idea as any, but it's likely to draw attention. I've mostly relied on distractions to avoid eating the suppressed food, but now that my powers are coming back, it's gotten easier. I can try to get an electrical kit, and get it to you tonight, or leave it somewhere for you to find."

OOC: ericthered, from where would Day procure an electrical kit?
Old 09-13-2020, 10:43 AM   #117
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
OOC: ericthered, from where would Day procure an electrical kit?
He has access to his own: he works with electrical components fairly often in his shipboard role. He can requisition a new one from an NCO in his section as well, though he'll need to turn in what's left of his existing kit (perhaps with some items deliberately missing or damaged). He could also steal a kit from the general supplies, which are guarded mainly by an electronic lock.

Old 09-13-2020, 01:21 PM   #118
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
He has access to his own: he works with electrical components fairly often in his shipboard role. He can requisition a new one from an NCO in his section as well, though he'll need to turn in what's left of his existing kit (perhaps with some items deliberately missing or damaged). He could also steal a kit from the general supplies, which are guarded mainly by an electronic lock.
Would it be possible/practical for Day to lend him the kit after my shift was done, and get it back before my shift started?
Old 09-13-2020, 03:51 PM   #119
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Would it be possible/practical for Day to lend him the kit after my shift was done, and get it back before my shift started?
There are three shifts: Hua works the first, Daymar works the second, and neither work the third. They both spend your day traveling around various parts of the ship. Daymar won't immediately need the kit at work, but he'll need it sometime during his work day. You should be able to arrange something that works... but I'll want details (where and when its picked up and returned) in case something goes wrong.

Old 09-14-2020, 03:52 AM   #120
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
There are three shifts: Hua works the first, Daymar works the second, and neither work the third. They both spend your day traveling around various parts of the ship. Daymar won't immediately need the kit at work, but he'll need it sometime during his work day. You should be able to arrange something that works... but I'll want details (where and when its picked up and returned) in case something goes wrong.
Day is re-considering this plan. If Hua sets off a big commotion, Day may be called upon to help deal with it in some way, and it would be suspicious if he was without his tools. "Okay, how about this? Late in my shift, I'm going to 'break' one of my tools, and have to go to Stores to requisition a new one. I'll use my powers to also get a full replacement kit, and leave it at this meeting place."

Is there any place a kit could be hidden in their meeting place?

Day has lots to do now. At lunch, he will use Suggestion to cause one of the cook's replenishing a warming drawer with food to spill it on the floor, and use the distraction for his now-familiar Filch/Holdout routine. Does the use of a psi-power count as a complimentary skill (GURPS Action 2, p. 5) giving a bonus for the other skills used?

[58] 20-09-14 11:38:30 CEST

Suggestion to cook to spill food on floor

3d6 <= 16
5 + 4 + 5 = 14 ... success

[59] 20-09-14 11:41:15 CEST

Filch to remove contaminated food from table

3d6 <= 13
6 + 5 + 6 = 17 ... failure

[60] 20-09-14 11:41:54 CEST

Use Luck to re-roll Filch twice

3d6 <= 13
1: 2 + 5 + 2 = 9 ... success
2: 6 + 2 + 2 = 10 ... success

[61] 20-09-14 11:42:59 CEST

Holdout to smuggle out contaminated food

3d6 <= 14
1 + 2 + 4 = 7 ... success

Following lunch, Day should now have all of his powers back. He asks Pothi, "Have I ever told you about this old Belter woman I met who taught me how to read palms? After shift I can show you."

Later in the shift, Day will intentionally break one of the flimsier tools in his kit, and tell Pothi, "I've got to run up to stores to requisition a new tool, this one broke. Be right back!"

When he goes to get his new tool, he'll use Suggestion 5 with the Amnesia technique (2 FP, -1 to skill but still effective skill 16) to have the quartermaster or whoever's on duty also give him a full replacement kit.

[62] 20-09-14 11:47:22 CEST

Suggestion 5 with Amnesia technique to give Day replacement electronics kit

3d6 <= 16
1 + 4 + 2 = 7 ... success

He will then divert to the meeting place, and use Camouflage at default, with a +1 for taking a bit of extra time (effective skill 12) to conceal the kit, before returning to Pothi.

[63] 20-09-14 11:51:55 CEST

Camouflage at default, +1 for Time Spent, to conceal replacement kit at meeting place

3d6 <= 12
5 + 5 + 2 = 12 ... success

Let me know if I need any additional rolls to accomplish all this, such as to convince Pothi to let me head to stores without him.