Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-15-2007, 10:36 PM   #121
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Thor

(Continued from last post)

2,948 points
Attributes: ST 250 [550]*; DX 13 [60]; IQ 9 [-20]; HT 20 [0]**.
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 26d/28d; BL 12,500; HP 250 [0]; Will 14 [25]; Per 12 [15]; FP 20 [0]; Basic Speed 8.25; Basic Move 8.
Languages: English (Accented) [4]; Old Norse (Native) [0].
Advantages: Absolute Direction [5]; Alternate Form: Siguard Jarlson (Trigger: Striking Mjolner Against The Ground, -20%; Divine, -10%) [15]; Asgardian Male [2,050]; Claim to Hospitality 3 [5]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Enhanced Block 3 [15]; Enhanced Parry (Axe/Mace) 3 [15]; Flight (Cannot Hover, -15%; Controlled Gliding, -45%; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Must be forcefully removed, -10%; Gadget/Unique, -25%) [8]; High Pain Threshold [10]; No Low TL +5 [25]; Signature Gear: Mjolner [109]; Single-Minded [5]; Status 6 [30]; Unfazeable [15]; Very Fit [15]; Very Rapid Healing [15]; Weapon Master: Mjolner [20].
Perks: Named Possession [1]; Weapon Bond [1].
Disadvantages: Alcoholism [-15]; Bad Temper (9) [-15]; Bloodlust (12) [-10]; Bully (9) [-15]; Code of Honor (Norse) [-5]; Compulsive Carousing (9) [-7]; Gluttony (6) [-10]; Hidebound [-5]; Impulsiveness (6) [-20]; Intolerance (Giants) [-5]; Lecherousness (12) [-15]; Over the Edge (6) [-30]; Overconfidence (6) [-10]; Reputation (For Brutality; Almost Everyone Except the Brutal Themselves; All the Time) [-6]; Secret Identity (Serious Embarrassment) [-5]; Selfless (12) [-5]; Stubbornness [-5]; Truthfulness (9) [-7].
Quirks: Distinctive Feature: Piece of Flint In The Forehead [-1]; Like Heavy Metal Rock [-1]; Likes Thick Brews [-1]; Misses His Family [-1].
Skills: Axe/Mace (A) DX+12 [48] – 25; Brawling (E) DX+3 [8] – 16; Driving/TL8 (Construction Equipment) (A) DX-1 [1] – 12; Professional Skill/TL8 (Construction Worker) IQ+1 [4] – 10; Riding (Equines) DX-1 [1] – 12; Shield (E) DX+3 [8] – 16; Soldier/TL3 (A) IQ+1 [4] – 10; Streetwise (A) IQ+1 [4] – 10; Thrown Weapon (Axe/Mace) (E) DX+12 [44] – 25; Two-Handed Axe/Mace (A) DX+12 [12] – 25†.

* Includes +185 from Asgardian Male
** Includes +10 from Asgardian Male.
† Defaulted From Axe/Mace

Mjolner
Despite being called a "warhammer", Mjolner is built as a maul (page B274), with the weight adjusted to account for the short handle and thrice as dense matter of the Asgardian plane.
Damage: sw+7 cr
Reach: 1, 2*
Parry: +3
Cost: $1.1 million
Weight: 21
ST: 20‡
Material: Uru (treat as Orichalcum)

Enchantments:
Graceful Weapon
Loyal Sword
Defending Weapon +3
Accuracy +3
Puissance +3
Defending Shield +3

Asgardian Male
2,050 points
Attribute Modifiers: ST +185 [1850]; HT +10 [100].
Languages: Old Norse (Native) [0].
Advantages: Appearance (Attractive) [4]; Extended Lifespan 5 (x32) [10]; Immunity to Disease [10]; Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction, /4) [100].
Perks: Alcohol Tolerance [1].
Disadvantages: Low TL -5 [-25].

Asgardian Female
1,850 points
Attribute Modifiers:
ST +165 [1650]; HT +10 [100].
Languages: Old Norse (Native) [0].
Advantages: Appearance (Attractive) [4]; Extended Lifespan 5 (x32) [10]; Immunity to Disease [10]; Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction, /4) [100].
Perks: Alcohol Tolerance [1].

Edit: Fixed the Asgardian Female TL to match the Male.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 06-17-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:41 AM   #122
Captain-Captain

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Might be a useful reference souce.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Main_Page
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #123
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031
Thor

Advantages: Alternate Form: Siguard Jarlson (Trigger: Striking Mjolner Against The Ground, -20%; Divine, -10%) [15]

Asgardian Male
2,050 points

Asgardian Female
1,850 points
Disadvantages: Low TL -4 [-20].
I'm glad to see you are still working on these :) Thor is kind of a change of pace for you, isn't he? Just a couple of things I noticed: You have -30% in limitations on the AF, but forgot to reflect them in the price; The male and female templates have different values for the Low TL disad. Since the female total seems to reflect the same assumed value (and it would be weird if the two genders had different TLs), I am guessing that the value listed in the female template is a typo, and should actually be the same as for the male, Low TL -5 [-25].
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #124
naloth

Quote:
Thor
Advantages: Absolute Direction [5]; Alternate Form: Siguard Jarlson (Trigger: Striking Mjolner Against The Ground, -20%; Divine, -10%) [15];
AF takes 10 seconds to kick in. Striking the ground really almost a special effect - perhaps worth 5%.

You could also re-instate limitation that he turns back into a 'mortal' if his hammer left his possession for 60 sec.

<snip>
Quote:
Flight (Cannot Hover, -15%; Controlled Gliding, -45%; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Must be forcefully removed, -10%; Gadget/Unique, -25%) [8];
I can see how his hammer could be removed preventing him from flying, but isn't that the value for someone that could take it and use it against him?

No storm powers? Admittedly that's a point sink, but he is a thunder god.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #125
Ironhand

Thor likes metal? What.

Of course, he's the God of Metal.

See link Trust me, you want to see this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZMitisDbzQ&NR
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #126
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth
No storm powers? Admittedly that's a point sink, but he is a thunder god.
Looking over my sources, I never actually saw an instance in the original mythology where Thor actually affected the weather. He probably does need some sort of weather control, though, even if it is just in the hammer (treating the hammer's handle as a staff or wand for enchantment purposes, I'd guess).

Ideas on how that weather control would be statted out?

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:14 PM   #127
Phantasm

Wasp

Replaced with a later entry

Last edited by Phantasm; 03-22-2020 at 05:05 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #128
Phantasm

I'm back to working on these, now that I have Ultra-Tech, Martial Arts, and Supers. I just updated Ant-Man and Bucky.

Spidey will likely be the next one to be updated, especially considering that many of the advantages and perks in Supers seem made especially for him.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #129
Captain-Captain

Quote:
Here's the last of the heroes I'll be statting out. She's an oddity because I haven't worked out her history yet, despite having her statted out.

Wasp

Identity: Secret.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.
Other Aliases: None.
Place of Birth:
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives:
Group Affiliation: Avengers; partner of Ant-Man.
Base of Operations: New York City.
History: [I need to come up with something to place here.]
Height: 5' 4".
Weight: 105 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Brown.
Uniform: Constantly changing.
Strength Level: At her full human height, the Wasp possesses the normal human strength of a woman her age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: The Wasp is able to shrink to half an inch tall; this power is generated in the same fashion as Ant-Man's ability: through the application of Pym particles. For some reason, after her first few doses of Pym particles she gained the ability to generate Pym particles on her own.

The Wasp has had small insect-like wings surgically grafted to her shoulder-blades and tied into her nervous system. As she shrinks down, the wings enable her to fly. At present, she must be at most six inches tall in order to generate enough lift with her wings in order to fly. When she grows back to normal height, she is able to hide her wings by folding them and pressing them against her back.

Janet's last power is the ability to channel her body's bioelectricity in order to produce what she calls her "stingers", fast bolts of bioelectricity which she can use to either stun or damage her opponents.
Other Abilities: Janet van Dyne is a skilled fashion designer.

375 points
Attributes:
ST 10 [0]; DX 13 [60]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d; BL 20; HP 10 [0]; Will 12 [0]; Per 12 [0]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.25 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Air Move 12.
Advantages: 3D Spatial Sense [10]; Affliction 4 (Super, -10%; Alternative Attack, x1/5) [8]; Appearance (Beautiful) [12]; Burning Attack 5d (Damage Modifier: Surge, +20%; Rapid Fire: RoF 5, +70%; Super, -10%) [45]; Fashion Sense [5]; Fit [5]; Flight (Accessibility: Only When Shrunk to SM -6, -10%; Winged, -25%) [26]; Shrinking 13 (Can Carry Objects, +10%; Full Damage, +100%; Full HP, +30%; Super, -10%) [150].
Disadvantages: Overconfidence (9) [-7]; Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]; Selfless (9) [-7]; Sense of Duty (Entire Race) [-15].
Quirks: Constantly Changing Her Uniform [-1]; Incessant Flirt [-1]; Likes to Play the Part of a Ditzy Brunette [-1]; Responsive [-1].
Skills: Acting (A) IQ+1 [4] – 13; Aerobatics (H) DX+2 [4] – 15*; Artist (Drawing) (H) IQ [4] – 12; Connoisseur (Visual Arts) (A) IQ [2] – 12; Current Affairs/TL8 (High Culture) (E) IQ+2 [4] – 14; Dancing (A) DX-1 [1] – 12; Detect Lies (H) Per [4] – 12; Diplomacy (H) IQ-1 [2] – 11; Innate Attack (Beam) (E) DX+2 [4] – 14; Leadership (A) IQ [2] – 12; Makeup/TL8 (E) IQ [1] – 12; Professional Skill (Fashion Designer) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 13; Savoir-Faire (High Society) (E) IQ+2 [4] – 14; Stealth (A) DX+1 [4] – 14.

* includes +2 from 3D Spatial Sense
Canonically, she'd also have a lot of money. Multi0Millionair 1 or perhaps 2.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:14 PM   #130
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Captain
Canonically, she'd also have a lot of money. Multi0Millionair 1 or perhaps 2.
Later on, after she married Hank and got her own business off the ground, yes. Starting off, I don't believe she was that well off; not multimillionaire-level wealthy, at least. (I have to look at her OHOTMUDE #14 entry to see if she started off as an heir.) Once I figure out how she starts off pre-marriage in the Reboot, I'll take another look at the wealth.

Historically, in the early-80s, one of the factors that led Hank to get abusive was the realization that Janet was the sole means of income in the marriage, as his patents had expired and he hadn't come up with anything since Ultron and the Pym Particles, while she took her fashion and business talents and developed an international corporation. That he was already emotionally unstable when entering the marriage certainly didn't help; his Yellowjacket identity was originally a split personality.

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men