Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-24-2022, 03:53 PM   #111
PumpkinLorica

Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

SHOTGUN!, Bibingui rolls 12
Old 02-24-2022, 05:37 PM   #112
the_matrix_walker

Togosho will try and catch Bibingui and prevent catastrophe if she seems ready to topple...

((Success by 3))

He tries to understand what he is seeing...

((Success by 5 for Hidden Lore, The Force ))

He picks up the delicate piece of stone (or catches with the DX check above if Bibingui sent it flying) and sets it into place in the pedestal.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 10:15 PM   #113
SID

Bibingui is eager to solve the final puzzle and quickly fetches the index. She trips and tries to catch it, but it starts escaping her hand like a hot potato, but Togosho makes the save right before the index hits the floor. The three of you hold the index tightly and insert it into the pedestal, like a needle through the eye, to the brain...

Togosho can tell the box is built like a HOLOCRON, which demands a lot of skill and knowledge, especially in these modern days.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:13 PM   #114
vicious Violence

Vanta easily plucks his own eye (needed to roll 12, rolled 10) and hands it over.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 08:26 PM   #115
SID

OOC: We start with Bibingui’s story, remember you can make questions.

Closure speaks to all of you...

“A SINGLE THREAD IN THE WEAVINGS OF FATE.
THE FIBERS OF YOUR EXISTENCE, MAKE.
NOW THAT YOU ARE HERE, THE PROMISES MADE TO YOUR SIGNIFICANT ONES HAVE BEEN FULFILLED.
AS CHAMPIONS IN THEIR CAUSE, YOU POSE.”

Then she takes a look at Bibingui and at Togosho.

"BOTH YOUR "MASTERS" IN THE WAYS OF THE FORCE, I HAVE TRAINED.

NEBULAE WAS MY STUDENT ABOUT NINETY YEARS AGO, SYRAX'RHA'ENYRA, HER NAME WAS. BORN ON THE PLANET AVIDICH IN THE CHISS ASCENDANCY, AS AN OZYLY-ESEHEMBO SHE GREW. HER SHIP PERISHED IN A COLLISION WITHIN THE PERANN NEBULA, WHERE SHE WAS LEFT FOR DEAD. I FOUND HER, AND HER LIFE I SAVED. FOR THIS THE APPEARANCE OF ROBOT SHE HAD.

SHE REFUSED GOING BACK TO HER HOME WORLD, STATING SHE FELT LIKE A STRANGER IN A WORLD THAT ONLY VALUED HER AS AN "UGLY BUT USEFUL OBJECT"... BY THE WAY, SHE ALSO HAD SILVERY HAIR, MUCH LIKE YOU (TOGOSHO).

MY KNOWLEDGE OF THE FORCE WITH HER I SHARED, HER RECOVER I AIDED. FROM THIS BOX I PRESENT YOU (BIBINGUI) WITH THIS SWORD: HERS WAS THIS ANCIENT LIGHTSABER, WHICH I ONCE GAVE TO HER. HER TOOL OF DESTRUCTION FOR AS LONG AS TIME ALLOWED HER, THIS WAS.

WHEN SHE WAS GOOD TO GO, TO BECOME A SORCERER OF RHAND FOLLOWING THE TEACHINGS OF CRONAL, SHE LEFT. UNTIL HIS DEFEAT ON MINDOR, SHE FOLLOWED HIM. AT THIS TIME, SHE RELINQUISHED HER POSITION AND DECIDED TO LIVE A QUIET LIFE UNDER THE NAME OF NEBULAE. THE SORCERERS OF RHAND WORSHIP DESTRUCTION, THEY BELIEVE IN THE "ONE TRUTH": "EXISTENCE IS FLEETING, DESTRUCTION IS ETERNAL". WHEN SHE FIRST SAW YOU, SHE THOUGHT IT WAS CUTE YOU WERE DANGEROUSLY DESTRUCTIVE AND ADOPTED YOU (BIBINGUI). FOR AN EMBODIMENT OF THE "ONE TRUTH", I GUESS SHE TOOK YOU.

FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS I USED TO VISIT HER WORKSHOP QUITE FREQUENTLY, FOR SHE ALWAYS FEARED THE SHADOW OF HER PAST, THINKING OF YOU. BUT ALSO, BECAUSE SHE WAS A GOOD MECHANIC, TO MEET WITH HER A GOOD EXCUSE IT WAS. A RACER I USED TO BE. THE LAST TIME I VISITED HER WAS RIGHT BEFORE MY N-1 (MYSTERIOUSLY) FAILED ON TATOOINE. PEOPLE THOUGHT I WAS DEAD, AND A NEW LIFE I STARTED.

NEBULAE FOUND ME ALMOST 5 YEARS AGO, ALREADY DEAD SHE WAS: SHE TOLD ME HER PAST FINALLY GOT HER, TAKING EVERYTHING FROM HER. THIS SHE TOLD ME:

“A stranger came to me, and drained my life force.
They broke my bones, and then they broke my mind.
It was people looking for the secrets of Rhand, men from Yavin 4.”

SHE BARELY HOLDING THANKS TO THE ILLUSION OF MEETING YOU ONCE MORE, BUT ALSO THANKS TO HER BURNING DESIRE OF RETRIBUTION. THAT HER MEMORIES WERE FADING, SHE TOLD ME... AND SHE ASKED ME TO RESCUE HER “HEARTH”. SHE RETURNED THE LIGHTSABER TO ME, AND I HELPED REMEMBER ABOUT YOU.

AND NOW AS THE EXECUTOR, HER LIGHTSABER AND A TESTAMENT OF VENGEANCE, TO YOU I PASS."
Old 02-26-2022, 03:58 PM   #116
PumpkinLorica

ooh!! My mommy Nebulae I miss her, now that you tell me this my heart seeks revenge. I will avenge her death and take justice with my little fists.
。・°°・(>_<)・°°・。
Old 02-28-2022, 10:41 PM   #117
SID

OOC: Togosho’s Storytime.

Closure looks at Togosho, and tells him a story about his gift:

FOLLOWING A PREMONITION, 2 YEARS BEFORE THE BATTLE OF MINDOR, CRONAL ORDERED HIS CLOSEST FOLLOWERS TO LAY THE FOUNDATIONS OF NEW SITH ORDERS TO PRESERVE HIS -CORRUPTED- TEACHINGS.

TO THE BIRTH OF SEVERAL SITH FACTIONS WITHIN THE EMPIRE'S RULE, THIS LED. THE KNIGHTS OF REN AND THE KNIGHTS OF QORIT (THE ENDERS) WERE BORN.

IT WAS DURING THIS TIME THAT YOUR MASTER MET WITH NEBULAE AND TRAINED UNDER HER TUTELAGE:

HE WAS ABOUT 10 YEARS OLD, POSING AS A FOUNDLING… BUT A SPY OF THE JENSAARAI HE WAS. NEBULAE AND HAMMOTH PARTED WAYS AFTER THE BATTLE OF MINDOR, SHE ASKED HIM TO COME, BUT HE REFUSED AND A FULL MEMBER OF THE QORIT HE BECAME.

HE EMBRACED THE WAY OF THE SITH TO HARNESS THE ULTIMATE POWER IN THE NAME OF JENSAARAI. MANY SECRETS HE STOLE, BOTH OLD AND NEW. MOST OF THEM IN THAT ARMOR OF YOURS, CONTAINED... THINGS WORKED WELL FOR HIM, BUT NOT FOR LONG. WHEN HE WAS 22 THE QORIT DISCOVERED HE WAS A TRAITOR, SWIFT TO ESCAPE HE WAS BACK TO THE JENSAARAI HOME WORLD HE WENT.

SEVERAL YEARS LATER, AND UNDER THE COMMAND OF HIS MASTERS, TAKING THE MANTLE OF THE JEDI HAMMOTH FEIGNED. ABOUT 25 YEARS AGO HE RECEIVED THE TASK OF PROTECTING A GROUP OF SCIENTISTS WORKING IN A BIG PROJECT REGARDING THE FORCE (FOR THE REPUBLIC). THE QORIT RAIDED THE FACILITY, BUT YOUR MASTER ABANDONED HIS POST AND AGAIN TO ESCAPE HE TRIED. THIS IS WHEN THE QORIT GOT HIM.

FIRST, THEY BROKE HIS BONES, THEN THEY BROKE HIS MIND.

THE QORIT EXTRACTED VITAL INFORMATION FROM HAMMOTH, THEY WENT AFTER HIS MASTERS AND HIS BROTHERS, THEY KILLED MOST (IF NOT ALL) OF HIS CLANSMEN, THEN THEY WENT AFTER HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY, THEN THEY WENT AFTER HIS PAST. TO ERASE HIS EXISTENCE AND HAVE HIM WITNESS IT… THEIR DESIRE WAS.

HOWEVER, I FOUND HAMMOTH WHEN RAIDING THE QORIT (THE ENDERS AND THE COUNCIL WERE NOT IN PEACEFUL TERMS BACK THEN). HE PLEADED FOR HELP, AND TO SLAVANEPO-GODA I BROUGHT HIM.

HIS MEMORY AND HIS WILL, WITHIN THIS KYBER HE LEFT FOR YOU, IS.

@TMW Please roll telemetry to read the memories in the object.
Old 03-01-2022, 01:32 PM   #118
the_matrix_walker

Successful Improv and use of Telemetry and then a critical on his rejuvenation to restore lost energy.

((Rolled a second time by accident, 16 was (just) a success.))

Edit: Use the second roll for the Telemetry activation.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 03-03-2022 at 03:16 PM.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 09:47 PM   #119
SID

OOC: It's the memory of your master...

You find yourself in a fine, meditation chamber of sorts. Hammoth looks younger (he’s about 40-50 years old) and also thinner (seems he's just recovered from sickness). His lightsaber lies before him, next to his helmet. He's holding the kyber in his hand (it looks like Bibingui's stone). Hammoth speaks to the KYBER, as if talking to you:

"Dear student, young Defender.
Protector of Justice and Worlds...

If you can see me, it means the agreement's been fulfilled…

I was born in a world of strife, and forged in a sea of deceit. How do you grow when everything is a lie, and the only thing you hold true is death? Under the orders of Jensaraai, I grew with the inquisitors of the Empire to harvest their secrets for our clan. And it worked well for me, until one day...

OOC: Hammoth repeats the story you already heard from Closure, until the Jedi order part, where he adds the following:

However, when I joined the Jedi, little I knew that I was branded, infected by the monsters of Qorit. They used me to track our clansmen, and carry on the purge of the Jensaarai.

I tried to hide, but they found me.
I tried to escape, but they caught me.

They brought me to a place of pain and despair, a starship never-stopping, I was shackled within its depths, freed only to search and destroy my clan and my friends. I eventually realized I was the one killing my people, all I wished for was death… The gaze of their heads through their broken helmets, they haunt me even today... Vengeance wouldn't be enough to fill the void left by their passing and my treason.

A certain day, someone breached the ship's hull impacting their vessel with such a force, that the shields weren't able to stop it (OOC: You can also see this memory):

The sound of a monster echoes through the starship... I hear people screaming "SIQSA! SIQSAAAA!". Suddenly, complete quiet ensues. The sith and the troopers in the chamber I was locked-in prepared to fight... Only the hum of lightsabers fills the air... Then I hear her speak:

"CERTAINLY, THEY EXISTED...
THOSE CONSUMED WITH GREED, THOSE BLINDED BY AMBITION... BUT NOT ANYMORE.
HERE, ONLY THE WINNER AND THE VANQUISHED.
AFTER THE END, THE MIGHTY RULE!"

Sweat in their hands, everybody on alert. A group of men charge into the shadows screaming, To meet with the cold steel of death. She shakes the blood off her sword and places the blade back into the scabbard. Then, a flaming green lightsaber ignites.

She kills everyone, and finally, talks to me:

"THESE MEN WERE THE MEN OF THE END (QORIT).
WHAT COMES AFTER THE END, I AM.
CLOSURE."

For the first time in years, hope was restored within me. I asked her to take me with her, but she refused: "FAILURE AND DISOBEDIENCE, THEY BOTH MEAN TREASON. TO KILL EVERYONE, MY ORDERS ARE." She suggested taking me to the Slavenepo-Goda and I agreed.

In exchange for a shot to revive the Jensaarai
I offered you to him.
I believe you understand.
He spared my life, and will help me find suitable people for the clan. This is what shall allow me to find and save you and all of your brothers.I lost track of time, but this will be the first day I’ll see the outside world. First I had to recover from my “condition”.

After I told her my story, she took a good look at me.

Closure told me I was infected with the WORM OF HESETHUS, a slime that gets into the brain of force users and other animals (of its native world) and takes over its host after several years, until their death (from brain failure). Apparently, the WORM kidnaps the brain and feeds on the brain.She told me this WORM can be manipulated by force users, to exert control over the infected and slow-down the infection process so the host survives for a long period of time… she stressed the fact the WORM rarely infects force users, that it should be an artificial process.

What really scared me… was that after looking at the size of the WORM, Closure realized I was infected BEFORE meeting with Nebulae… can you understand the dimension of this fact?

OOC: Hammoth takes an hologram projector out, and shows him a recording of him and Closure:

Closure: TO REMOVE THE SLIME, TREPHINATION OF YOUR SKULL IS REQUIRED. TO STOP THE WORM, HOLD TIGHT YOUR BELIEFS YOU MUST. ENTER THE VOID (there’s a hole in the floor).
Hammoth: I lost faith in this world.
Closure: IF YOU CAN’T HOLD ONTO YOUR BELIEFS, CLING TO THE END YOU WILL. UNDERSTAND YOU MUST, THAT ALL THINGS END…
Hammoth: … What’s a SIQSA?
Closure: A DEMON THAT IS.
Hammoth: … Why did they call you that? Why are you helping me?
Closure: BECAUSE I MAKE THE DARKNESS CONSCIOUS TO ENLIGHTEN MEN… OR MAYBE DANGEROUS I AM. HELPING YOU PART OF MY JOB IS, GOOD FOR BUSINESS IT IS.
Hammoth: … Trephination in the “void”… Go ahead then…

OOC: The projection ends.

Her teachings, they look familiar, they remind me of QORIT but don’t feel the same at all. She taught me how to improve our lightsabers, and help me make this KYBER for you. With this gem, your lightsaber won’t run-out of battery (under normal circumstances).

She finally extracted the WORM from my head, Closure and I will take our leave to find survivors of the purge, and seek more people like you.

May you honor our part of the deal, and that the path ahead of you helps you discover the ultimate truth and honor the lives (past, present and future) of the Jensaarai."
Old 03-04-2022, 02:28 PM   #120
SID

Noticing Togosho's visions ended, Closure calls Vanta:

INSIDE THE BOX, PLACE YOUR HAND.

@Vanta, if you agree roll HT and IQ and post your results.

Tags
advantage of the week, cyberpunk, magic, martial arts, pbp, powers, sci fi, spaceships, star wars