Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-24-2023, 09:06 AM   #11
hal

Default Re: Adapting The Morrow Project to GURPS

Point of Reference:

Glock 27 .40 S&W in 3e does 2d6 damage
Glock 27 .40 S&W in 4e does 2d6+1 Pi+

Glock 26 9mm Parabellum does 2d6+1 in 3e
Glock 26 9mm Parabellum does 2d6+1 pi in 4e

As you can see, the damages for the pistols are more or less comparable. So the DR values given in GURPS COPS (or GURPS CLASSIC COPS if you buy it as a PDF) should be sufficient for your needs for Level IIA and Level II armor types.

https://www.worldanvil.com/w/scourge-of-shards-schpdx

Go to bottom of page to see lectures 1-11
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 09:24 AM   #12
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburr0003 View Post
F

However, that DR 8 versus cutting has never set well with me*,
Flexible HT/UT armor is so good against Cutting so it will stop fragments efficiently. However, 4e probably does fragmentation wrong and this makes such armor unrealistically effective v. machetes.

If (as a simple fix) you change Fragmentation damage from Cutting to Piercing you can change the armors in question to Piercing/Everything else.
Old 02-24-2023, 10:27 AM   #13
midnight77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANS View Post
Again, the official stats for the Rheinmetall Rh202 and its ammunition are in Pyramid 3/53. The single-feed version in there is the one used in The Morrow Project. That article also details the V-150 Commando, and it even has a boxed text how to convert it into the version in The Morrow Project.
Practically all the other arms, ammunition, explosives, and other equipment are in High-Tech, except for the Stoner weapons, which are in SEALs in Vietnam. The SK-5 hovercraft, by the way, can also be found in SEALs in Vietnam.
In the original The Morrow Project, the protection level of resistweave is specified. It equals DR 14/5 in GURPS.

Cheers

HANS

Thank you very much!
midnight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 02:03 PM   #14
mburr0003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Low Tech has an optional rule (I believe called Blunt Trauma and Edged Weapons, but on the forums it often gets referred to as Edge Protection)...
I know, that just always feels fiddly to me. I'd rather just change what the DR is listed as being good against rather than have a secondary rule everyone has to try to remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Flexible HT/UT armor is so good against Cutting so it will stop fragments efficiently. However, 4e probably does fragmentation wrong and this makes such armor unrealistically effective v. machetes.

If (as a simple fix) you change Fragmentation damage from Cutting to Piercing you can change the armors in question to Piercing/Everything else.
Now that just might fix my problems. Switching fragmentation to pi+ (and removing 'cutting' protection from most "bulletproof" armors) might just solve that problem completely. Thanks!
mburr0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 03:27 PM   #15
Rupert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post

Or makes fragments have armour penetration of (0.5), which is how I'd change things - fragments aren't really piercing, as they tend to be jagged and sharp-edged and not leave nice little holes.

OTOH, kevlar is pretty cut-resistant. The problems kevlar vests had with knives was with them being used to stab - and that's impaling damage which GURPS specifically notes it as being weak against.

One amusing effect of this is that standard (impaling damage) arrows penetrate vests better than armour-piercing (pi(2)) arrows.

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
high-tech