Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2022, 12:33 PM   #851
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Served themselves? How horrific...
"Really it's not the whole pseudo-cannibalism that bothers me. That's survivable and reversible. It's that they did a cost-benefit analysis, and replacing an OAI is cheaper than fixing an OAI. That's the idea I rebelled against."

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
I'm looking forward to helping you to liberate your people."
"I'm not even sure if that would be enough. It's the whole system the Securities created. The robots won their freedom, and they went back to building organic servitors. If the organic AI are freed, who are they going to make disposable next?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He is wearing his armor, yes.

Halcyone has the drop on him.
Might want to remove your email there.
Well let's just blow through the armor. It's like the mail the other orcs had, right?

I fire four minineedler shots at his torso.
Quote:
[511] 22-09-14 19:05:46 BST
Guns (Pistol)
3d6 <= 15
4 + 4 + 3 = 11 ... success
That's three hits (Minineedler is rcl 2)
Quote:
[512] 22-09-14 19:07:09 BST
Damage
1d6
1: 4
2: 3
3: 5
sum: 12, average: 4.00
So that would break through up to DR 14 (Minineedler has Armor Divisor 3). I'll leave it to you to roll for the sleep poison (HT-6, failure by 5 or more results in unconsciousness. Less is just drowsy)
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:30 AM   #852
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Lion fails his HT roll by quite a bit and falls to the ground.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:45 AM   #853
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Lion fails his HT roll by quite a bit and falls to the ground.
I hustle over to drag him off to... That's a good question. I'll look for an entrance to a sewer or something.

Quote:
[514] 22-09-15 15:35:12 BST
Urban Survival
3d6 <= 16
5 + 6 + 3 = 14 ... success
Maybe not good enough for some place as concealed as a sewer.

I drag him off to whatever place I find to conceal him for interrogation.

"Hey V, you're going to need his armor to impersonate him, right?"

I'll remove his armor. Then I'll tie him up or glue him to a wall if I didn't bring rope.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:49 PM   #854
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"Ah, that is what you meant by a blowgun, you've drugged him. Do you have an antidote? How long until we can question him?"

Vassarious looks at their situation with some concern. The Knight is already overdue and now it seems unlikely they will get intel before having to impersonate him if that is still the plan. Vassarious would have preferred letting the quarry lead them to the prize, but Halcyone has proven effective, so they are prepared to follow her lead.

"Yes, the armor will simplify matters. I do hope they were not relying on this knight to lead them to where the melder is being kept.

So is the plan that I take this one's shape and try and get them to lead us to the Melder? How do you want to proceed?

Vassarious takes on the appearance of the tranquilized Knight.

How many conspirators are there in the building?
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 10:06 PM   #855
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Ah, that is what you meant by a blowgun, you've drugged him. Do you have an antidote? How long until we can question him?"
"Like, five, ten minutes? He's already really late. Maybe they won't notice ten minutes more?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Yes, the armor will simplify matters. I do hope they were not relying on this knight to lead them to where the melder is being kept."
"Their leader seems to be involved in everything, and I don't think he's expecting a shapeshifter. Though he might not trust our knight here completely, so I don't think you could lead him on a wild goose chase if the knight's the only person who knows where the melder is."

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"So is the plan that I take this one's shape and try and get them to lead us to the Melder? How do you want to proceed?"
"More or less. I'd be a bit hesitant to try and impersonate someone I barely knew, but desperate times. If you're hesitant we could just trap them in the granary, and interrogate them after they're captured."

Last edited by TGLS; 09-15-2022 at 10:12 PM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:02 AM   #856
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I hustle over to drag him off to... That's a good question. I'll look for an entrance to a sewer or something.

Maybe not good enough for some place as concealed as a sewer.

I drag him off to whatever place I find to conceal him for interrogation.
Halcyone drags him down a smaller street and into a stairwell that doesn't seem to be used much. Alternatively, she can try to open one of the many shops closed for the night in this area.


Quote:
I'll remove his armor. Then I'll tie him up or glue him to a wall if I didn't bring rope.
rolling... a 4 (needed 3 or lower on 1d6)

The squid creature from beyond this reality glues her poisoned victim to a wall (with the construction foam, I take it?)


Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
How many conspirators are there in the building?

Seven.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:20 AM   #857
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halcyone drags him down a smaller street and into a stairwell that doesn't seem to be used much. Alternatively, she can try to open one of the many shops closed for the night in this area.
Let's try one of those shops:
Quote:
[516] 22-09-19 17:08:18 BST
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 15
4 + 1 + 2 = 7 ... success
I guess I get into the backrooms of one of these shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
rolling... a 4 (needed 3 or lower on 1d6)

The squid creature from beyond this reality glues her poisoned victim to a wall (with the construction foam, I take it?)
Well unless Halcyone's suddenly mutated and now extrudes glue like ink...

I'll wait with him until he awakes, monitoring the situation in the granary with the microbot swarms. I suppose they're going to be on the move right after V arrives shapeshifted as him, but if V arrives late enough, or they're delayed long enough (*hint hint*), I might get enough time to interrogate him.

I'll be trying to scare the living day lights out of him. To that end, I'll be nudging him awake with my cutlass (perhaps covered in blood from my wound) and will not be attempting to hide any of my inhuman (inorcish?) features.

"Tell me everything you know about the melder that you and [name of the conspiracy] stole."

If I don't know the name, I'll just say "your friends".
Quote:
[517] 22-09-19 17:20:16 BST
Memetics! as Interrogation
3d6 <= 15
5 + 1 + 2 = 8 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 02:07 PM   #858
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"We can let them sweat a bit... do you have enough of those lovely bugs to follow the leaders if they split up? If this Knight was their only way of freeing the Melder, the danger is contained as long as he is.

If they don't continue to wait, they may feel their plan is in jeopardy and we can follow them to the melder when they go to check.

If they do continue to wait long enough for us to finish with this one, we can use the intel we glean from this 'traitor-to-his-cause' to make a more convincing deception. Shall I assist you in interrogating him, or would you prefer I stay out of your way?"
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:08 PM   #859
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"We can let them sweat a bit... do you have enough of those lovely bugs to follow the leaders if they split up?"
"Of course. We have so many bugs I can monitor the entire area around the granary too."

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"If this Knight was their only way of freeing the Melder, the danger is contained as long as he is."
"They got another knight on their side. And they could probably bust through the ice with scrapers or melt it off with fire. Probably not ideal, but still possible."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"If they don't continue to wait, they may feel their plan is in jeopardy and we can follow them to the melder when they go to check."
"I suppose we could just take them out at our leisure. We know who all the players are, so it's just a matter of waiting until they head off to the melder."

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"If they do continue to wait long enough for us to finish with this one, we can use the intel we glean from this 'traitor-to-his-cause' to make a more convincing deception. Shall I assist you in interrogating him, or would you prefer I stay out of your way?"
"Well, I'm not one to decline help. You want to shapeshift into something that might terrify him? It's good for an interrogation to have a theme.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:14 PM   #860
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious will assist however Halcyone suggests... If they want a menacing creature, a good cop, or what have you, they are following Halcyone's lead.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.